• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Starchaos-SRB2!

Will this be a good mod?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• You are going to fail. :P

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
eh.... ok, but i still need more characters. but, since this is a demo and all.... whatever chars i get from this time on, will make theyre debut in another version of the demo.

UPDATE: We now have a IRC chat channel for Starchaos. The name is....hmm......#starchaos, maybe? :P Anyway, progress is doing pretty good....I think.

EDIT: BTW, 100th post! W00T!

wow 100 posts.... *ahem* anyways... because of a nice disscusion about starchaos... we now have pretty much what we need all planned out... (but i cant beleave so many people think im going to fail... :cry: ) anyways im starting the music alteration today, and i have some very good oggs.

There is now a brother channel for #starchaos... its on accessirc and initialized.net... because of the nice service on initialized im probably gonna be on #starchaos more there.... ^_^!

They think you are going to fail because of all the massive character wads and stuff you need. You don't seem to have the slightest clue how hard it is to make 180 sprites for EVERY ONE of these character wads and do them GOOD. Hence, you will either fail or have a really sucky finished result.

oh yeah? i actually do know what i have to do, how hard it is to do it, but i have been getting better with this stuff.

well, i cant say the same for spmoves... but what youre telling me will go back on you sometime. :?

Yes, SPMoves will eventually die. But I tend to learn a little bit at a time before tackling a big project like that. Even though SPMoves is my first MAJOR Srb2 programming project, I have had a lot of experience with wadding and programming beforehand. However, from my point of view, it looks like you went straight from Never-wadded-before to big-project-leader without all the little steps in-between which I took.

Of course, I have the advantage because I learn insanely fast as a side effect of my... giftedness. But it shouldn't be too different for you. :|

You are pretty hard to work with, Zash. You think that if you're banned from #srb2_tag , we hate you. We don't. Don't act like that anymore; it would really help the project.

... ok ill pretend i didnt hear that.... and by the way, none of you are helping me anyway! (except ritz and mecha knuckles) plus the official channel is #starchaos on accessirc and initialized. anyways...
ive been working on my music change and...i have some very bad news...
im not sure what music to use because my music conversion worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will have it done very soon, but because of bad ports and hatrid of freewebs, i might not be able to send it to you all, i may have to make a free webs website for the moment......

HUGE REPORT (sorta): I DID IT! I HAVE DONT THE MUSIC CHANGE! unfortunatly, im not doing well with free webs, so i cant have you download it just yet... it will be soon.........

Heh... No help = Even less chance of success. However, Ritz and Mecha Knuckles are very good. At least it won't suck COMPLETELY now... :roll:

we'll see what you think soon...... M.....W.....A....HAHAHAHAH

no seriously, you dont have to be a jerk about it. :?

Why don't you just put it on cheese.com? XD. Seriously, though, I can put it on my site, if you want. DCC me on IRC, and I'll put it on my site. I need stuff on it anyway.

JTE, You don't have help for SPMoves, and it's turning out pretty good... so even though Zash doesn't have much help, his still might turn out playable...

I can help with testing and bugfixes for this, but that's all I can give right now.

cool, btw, the thing i did with the music was only a simple music exchange.

hotdog003 said:
JTE, You don't have help for SPMoves, and it's turning out pretty good... so even though Zash doesn't have much help, his still might turn out playable...
I have a little help. Mostly converting all new music into ogg format. a441 also helps me with some programming issues, but I rarely have problems anymore. Basicly, I don't have help for SPMoves because I don't want or even need help. The only help I want is for everyone to make cool character wads of themselves and little descriptions of their special moves so I can add them, but noone can even do that it seems, as all I have gotten are requests that I do all the work of creating new characters for every freakin person in the community all by myself. :|

PUT ME IN SPMOVES! :D! i made a char.wad, and my special ablility.... you do that.... i dunno what i want as a sp ability......................

-_-' Char.wad? And "I don't know what my special ability is"?
See what I am faced with every day? Oy.

If I can't host the music on my website, can someone else? Tell us if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back