SRB2Khaos

[Open Assets] SRB2Khaos 1.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

EeveeEuphoria

a pikachu irl
EeveeEuphoria submitted a new resource:

SRB2Khaos - Can you and your friends survive this onslaught of chaos?

View attachment 62448
Welcome to...
SRB2Khaos!

This is a port of SRB2: Chaotic Edition to SRB2Kart! This will turn SRB2Kart into a game of endurance, seeing how long you can last with many effects being applied to you and everyone else! Every player has their own timer, where effects get applied to each individual player, ranging from helpful, to neutral, to flatout evil.
Although...

Read more about this resource...

I playtested this mod in a server I am in and wanted to give some feedback. You should probably adjust the black hole modifier to ignore certain objects such as springs as it can render maps unplayable like here. This mod doesnt really work in replays so I cant show it in action but fortunately I have a screenshot of the aftermath of the black hole misplacing some vital red spring panels.
kart0313.png

Among other things there were complaints about the earthquake being nausiating and skyboxes being turned off to migitate the nausea so I would recommend toning it down.
I do like the pizza though, very tasty.
EDIT: Also it breaks if someone decides to leave or spectate.

I playtested this mod in a server I am in and wanted to give some feedback. You should probably adjust the black hole modifier to ignore certain objects such as springs as it can render maps unplayable like here. This mod doesnt really work in replays so I cant show it in action but fortunately I have a screenshot of the aftermath of the black hole misplacing some vital red spring panels.
View attachment 62514
Among other things there were complaints about the earthquake being nausiating and skyboxes being turned off to migitate the nausea so I would recommend toning it down.
I do like the pizza though, very tasty.
EDIT: Also it breaks if someone decides to leave or spectate.
Ah, for some reason my checks for springs were removed; there is supposed to be a check for that and I guess it didn't work?
Also I've been trying to pick at why this script fails in spectator, I have no clue how to detect for it since there isn't something like "player.spectator" that regular SRB2 has, and everything has player.mo checks, so... no clue why it's still acting like that lol.
I'll also see about toning down earthquake!

EeveeEuphoria updated SRB2Khaos with a new update entry:

Minor bug fix update!

Hey everyone, releasing a quick lil bug fix update!

CHANGELOG
  • Made "Earthquake" a little bit less intense.
  • Fixed "Black Hole" causing springs to be affected too, which made some maps unbeatable.
  • Fixed Khaos not applying new effects if one player goes spectator.
  • Fixed errors filling up a player's screen if they are in spectator.

Read the rest of this update entry...

It would be great to have a c-var or command that disables the add-on while it's still loaded. I play this game with a randomizer where more add-ons and gamemodes are enabled randomly, but this add-on does not have any way to turn it off until I need it!
I want to use this add-on as a hell-gamemode

EeveeEuphoria updated SRB2Khaos with a new update entry:

v1.1 Released, new effect, new option, and a fix!

Hello everyone, been a lil while (again) since I've updated one of my mods, this time I'm updating SRB2Khaos because SRB2Kart got a shiny new update! It has shiny new interpolation which makes it feel smoother!

...anyways, changelog time!
  • Added "I WAS FROZEN TODAY!" from SRB2 Chaotic Edition. Unfortunately the other effects I have planned for this won't work yet, possibly until SRB2Kart v2, or Ring Chasers, or whatever the heck it is that will be the next iteration of this game...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back