SRB2JTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason the Echidna said:
I don't particularly like Silver. If you had said "Silver Sonic" in refrence to the Sonic 2 robo-Sonic boss, I would tell you that he was mine, first appearing in SRB2 in "JTE's Pad" but help anyway... But Silver? As in the "next generation" lame recolor? No. Just no, man. :|

You do like Shadow, but not Silver? well, lets say Silver is way less a recolor of Sonic then Shadow is.

Because at least silver has differen't abilities and a differen't head then Sonic.

How many times has that been asked? Do we need to, like, put an SRB2JTE FAQ or something so people will stop asking? :\

I happen to have noticed that everytime you reopen srb2JTE through the launcher, you have to start a new character., and I find that particularly annoying! It also dislikes srb2TBE (No offense.).

I already painfully wrote up a STARS page on SRB2JTE by myself a while ago and somebody added the supervirus to it. I removed it stating that I didn't intend for the supervirus to be public knowledge and seriously regretted telling the few people I did already. You only make me regret it more, Flame.

It will be removed/renamed in the next release, don't worry. :|

What do you mean that you have to start a new character every time you start SRB2JTE through a launcher? You mean loading a savegame doesn't work or something?

Released version 1.69.9...

Specific to this release:
  • Fixed bot AI, they're a hell of a lot smarter now. Still no ability use or new gametypes or anything like that, though.
  • Extended co-op bots slightly, made them cheat more to keep up with you, not be able to accedentally steal monitors from you, and spindash in the right direction...
  • Added OpenGL sprite-based object shadows, SSNTails and Shuffle could guess how with just that bit of information, I'm sure. :E
  • Added automatic loading for the SPMoves-enhanced characters (shadow.wad, amy.wad, and metalsonic.wad), no perameter to turn this off yet, sorry. :?
  • Fixed Super Shadow and Super Metal Sonic's flashing colors... Unfortunately, Super Shadow still only has flashey streaks, his actual body color currently remains unchanged. :(
  • Added SPMoves abilities for hypermysteriousshadonic123, but no autoload for it. Yes, I know you just shouted "THANK GOD!" at that. I think the neighbors heard you. Hypermysteriousshadonic123 has multihomingchaoscontrolarmageddonthoks, every flashy extra you've ever seen, etc... :| It's really quite something to behold, especially how I combined normal thokking and chaos control into a single thing... Oh, and he's ALWAYS super, only death pits and crushers could kill him.
Any questions? No. I'm still not taking any requests. :|

Jason the Echidna said:
Released version 1.69.9...

Specific to this release:
  • Fixed bot AI, they're a hell of a lot smarter now. Still no ability use or new gametypes or anything like that, though.
  • Extended co-op bots slightly, made them cheat more to keep up with you, not be able to accedentally steal monitors from you, and spindash in the right direction...
  • Added OpenGL sprite-based object shadows, SSNTails and Shuffle could guess how with just that bit of information, I'm sure. :E
  • Added automatic loading for the SPMoves-enhanced characters (shadow.wad, amy.wad, and metalsonic.wad), no perameter to turn this off yet, sorry. :?
  • Fixed Super Shadow and Super Metal Sonic's flashing colors... Unfortunately, Super Shadow still only has flashey streaks, his actual body color currently remains unchanged. :(
  • Added SPMoves abilities for hypermysteriousshadonic123311, but no autoload for it. Yes, I know you just shouted "THANK GOD!" at that. I think the neighbors heard you. Hypermysteriousshadonic123311 has multihomingchaoscontrolarmageddonthoks, every flashy extra you've ever seen, etc... :| It's really quite something to behold, especially how I combined normal thokking and chaos control into a single thing... Oh, and he's ALWAYS super, only death pits and crushers could kill him.
Any questions? No. I'm still not taking any requests. :|

Fixed. :P

Mirror for those that eternally hate Sendspace: http://gcfreak.sepwich.com/downloads/SRB2JTE.zip

The hypermysteriousetcetcetc ability is cool, but it seems to crash any time I thok.
It seems to spawn a Sonic every time you thok. That's probably what's making it crash.

Edit: Argh. Same thing happens when I do chaos control with Shadow.
Edit2: Here's a fun bug. If you become transparent from smashing the camera into a wall and having the player too close, your shadow is colored.
Edit3: More bugs! Super Sonic's corona doesn't appear sometimes. It is replaced by a shadow. Wouldn't be too much of a problem, but it seems to randomly switch between the two.

No, I did mean hypermysteriousshadonic123 because in the wad the 311 is never added to it anywhere if you didn't notice.

Shuffle said:
The hypermysteriousetcetcetc ability is cool, but it seems to crash any time I thok.
It seems to spawn a Sonic every time you thok. That's probably what's making it crash.

Edit: Argh. Same thing happens when I do chaos control with Shadow.
These bugs are one and the same and I added it just before release to spite you.

Shuffle said:
Edit2: Here's a fun bug. If you become transparent from smashing the camera into a wall and having the player too close, your shadow is colored.
Oh, I know about that. It's not a bug, actually, and I won't bother to fix it: The camera coming too close to your player makes your player semitransparent, so it draws your shadow as if it were from a semitransparent object. You know, light passes through semitransparent objects, leaving some color...

Shuffle said:
]Edit3: More bugs! Super Sonic's corona doesn't appear sometimes. It is replaced by a shadow. Wouldn't be too much of a problem, but it seems to randomly switch between the two.
That's certainly odd, and the only one of the bunch I don't know the cause of...

You also missed turning offsetshadows off causing immobile objects with their heights set by instafloorlower have shadows set as if that floor were still there, due to their floorz being outdated. :| Another one of those "bugs" I don't particularly care to fix.

I never saw the 311 part in the picture, so I didn't include it. I don't think I am going to change something as small as that.

That's nice, Super Mystic Sonic. I don't care. At least sendspace has a download counter. 206 people downloaded 1.69.8 in total.

I have fixed the Chaos Control and object shadow errors and discovered that the Super Sonic corona doesn't appear when bots are in the game or the game is splitscreen or a netgame. I have fixed Super Sonic's corona in netgames so that only super players have it. Because I rock that damn much. :| 1.69.9.2 has been released.

SRB2-Playah said:
The launcher dislikes SRB2TBE?

Madness.

... By the way, what in some random diety's name is SRB2TBE?

I think it "dislikes" TBE because it loads 2 wads, instead of 1, normally no one knowing what the second wad is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back