Resource icon

SRB2GB: A gameboy emulator 0.4

Lamibe

Lamibe submitted a new resource:

SRB2GB: A gameboy emulator - A gameboy emulator

Now SRB2 can run Pokémon.

Just a random GB emulator I did. Lack a lot of features and far from polished but usable.

How to use:
  1. Put your rom in the luafiles/rom directory(with a supported extension like .dat)
  2. Run the mod and use emustart <file>
  3. Have fun
Some commands and variables:
  • emustart <rom>: Start the emulator
  • emustop: Stop it
  • emuspeed <value>: Change max speed
  • emubind...

Read more about this resource...

Hey this is awesome! it was only a matter of time till someone got something like this working. One question though, doesn't srb2 natively support gameboy sound files? maybe theres a way to make use of that to get music working with some hacky workaround like extracting the sound files and then playing them when theyre called. Not sure if that's even possible though, just spitballing.

Hey this is awesome! it was only a matter of time till someone got something like this working. One question though, doesn't srb2 natively support gameboy sound files? maybe theres a way to make use of that to get music working with some hacky workaround like extracting the sound files and then playing them when theyre called. Not sure if that's even possible though, just spitballing.
The problem isn't emulating the sound but outputting it. The solution you are proposing may work but too complex

i wonder its work on hacks
Actually some people tried and it wasn't working that great(due to how badly they are programmed). Currently trying to fix(or find workaround for) the mentioned games.

A lot of people don’t know that Pokemon Gold & Silver are compatible with normal Game Boys. (Crystal is not.) The GIF in the overview reminded me of that little fact.

I can't believe this is real.

QhYyanE.gif

So I keep getting a error that access is denied to the client folder and it won't work, does it only work for 2.2.9? or is it a scripting bug?

So I keep getting a error that access is denied to the client folder and it won't work, does it only work for 2.2.9? or is it a scripting bug?
it does work for 2.2.10, and you will want to make a folder named rom, and then, put all of the roms there, and add the file extension when loading the roms

This is VERY surprising, even if it doesnt have sound or gbc its AMAZING someone was able to make an emulator in srb2!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back