• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2CD

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose you could make the colors slightly different from the originals. Like make the purple hue a slightly different purple. But yeah, add water and it's pretty pointless.

Hah, SRB2CD? Been there, had that idea... This dates back to SPMoves, even. Never started it, though.

Using the Dark World system here would be a bad idea, as it would result in the maps being literally four times as huge, possibly even breaking the new BLOCKMAP limit. However, making them each seperate maps is entirely possible... The only limit on it is that players must all be in the same map at once, so you're taking everyone else with you.

I would gladly help out by putting it under SRB2JTE's umbrella, but then you'll have to deal with me being lazy on occasion and stopping work for a few weeks at a time... And new beta releases are getting to be as scarce as SRB2 demo's, you know.

It's a limit on how big and detailed that maps can be or something like that. BLOCKMAP is a lump in the MAP structure which contains this seemingly random compilation of data, and if it is above a certain limit the game will not be able to load the map.

hmm... i wonder what limit that is... ive been planning a near enough replication of spira from final fantasy X, but just cant due to laziness :roll:

http://chaos.foxmage.com/AkuKitsune/GFZGoodF.wad

That's an unfinished job of Greenflower Good Future. It has no colormaps or palettes or anything like that, but has texture replacements. There's still some things I need to add, like brighter fences, fix the top of that water column in GFZ2, make some new flowers maybe, and possibly redo the grass edge image.

its nice, but i think it could use a bit less enemies, mabye a more...nicely industrilized background...
(remember, it is the future)

That WAD only changes the textures and the MAINCFG lump to play different music. There is no edit of the map in it.

Also, I don't have a new background because it's currently unfinished. I still have some textures to edit or redo.

http://www.sepwich.com/srpgp/GFZGoodF.wad

A slightly modded version of GFZ1 using Foxblitzz's textures. It's not very much...nor is it complete. I just didn't feel like wadding today so I didn't do as much as I normally would. I'll do more when I get the inspiration to. (Which might be along while depending on what happens, I've been like this for 2 weeks now x_x)

That first tunnel on the left seems to be messed up. It's got redwall on both sides and the height doesn't seem to be right. The little village is interesting though.

Yeah, I had fun in that "village." Plus, the "CD" made out of flowers was nice.

The good future thing looks really nice.. but isn't having good future and bad future kinda.. complex? You'd need to have four maps per level: Past, Present, good future, bad future.

And who KNOWS how you'd make the game determine if you should go to bad future or good future.

Six maps, actually.

Present that sends you to Past with machine unbroken and Bad Future.
Bad Future.
Past with machine unbroken upon entry.
Past with machine broken upon entry.
Present that sends you to Past with machine broken and Good Future.
Good Future.

Of course, it'd be a whole lot easier if/when evaluation functions get put into the console (if boolean suchandsuch is true...), but since that isn't the case right now, six stages is a foolproof way of getting it to work. Foolproof, that is, with the exception of the absurdity of, well, six stages for one level. Yeesh.

Now, if we DID do the DarkWorld thingy that made the stages 4x as big, it wouldn't actually be a problem, because then all the warps could be modified then and there, so Present would send you to Good Future and the machine in Past would remain destroyed... but that could easily murder the BLOCKMAP, so...

Nice levels, guys. I'm looking for machinary in the greenery (Look at Palm Tree Panic GF and you'll know what I mean) and the level should be a modification of GFZ. It should somewhat resemble GFZ, but be different.

As for how to move between the levels, I think I'll make only a Good Future, and make it only available once you destroy the thing in the past. And make the only exit in the Good future, so you have to do it. Anybody else have any ideas?

thats good, but you could use a city in the background, since at the beginning of srb2 eggman destroys GFZ city, and its the future, it would've been rebuilt, would'nt it?

and ive got route 99's background from SA3.

ree-c said:
thats good, but you could use a city in the background, since at the beginning of srb2 eggman destroys GFZ city, and its the future, it would've been rebuilt, would'nt it?

Good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back