• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2CD

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I have an Idea.

Shadow Hog said:
As for your proposition (proposal?), it's a good idea, but how do you intend on doing the time warp? I don't think there are any linedef executors that check if you're running at 88 MPH or anything.
You could just create an area within a separate thok barrier, along with a combination of sky and music changing linedef execs. Or if you wanna get complicated, use JTE's Darkworld system.

Now, as for actually traveling between timezones, you could... I dunno. There aren't any speed-checking linedefs at the moment, but you could always have a teleporter carry you between areas. The teleporters, of course, would be marked with Past and Future signs or summat.
<Brainstorm Alert>
Or you could have some sort of linedef exec that activates a 'warp' sector for a set period of time. Or if you can't make your own linedef execs (And you can't), then you could have a room with a teleporter to the next timezone, hidden behind a pair of doors, which would be activated by a pair of linedef execs near the timezone sign; one which opens the first door, and the other which slowly lowers the second door.

I'll shut up now.

Great! It seems like this will be done! I just need texture artists to make past, and Good and Bad (I know it's a run on sentence, and I don't care. This means you, Shadow Hog) future textures. I don't really know anyone good with that. Anybody know someone?

I'll have to see some examples of your work.

By the way :

image4ix.jpg

"Robo Blast 2" looks a bit out of place, IMO. How about a more Sonic-y font?

Oh, and don't use JPG. Good for photos, not good for pre-PS1 video game shots such as this.

It's meant to be centered with the "Sonic", not the Logo.

Try replacing the BG to that title screen, make the "Robo Blast II" much bigger (Like for intance, it can be part of the TTWING image in the IWAD) and you have yourself a reasonable title screen.

Maybe instead of just stealing the image from another game, you should make your own.
Maybe make it say SRB2 CD instead of Sonic Robo Blast 2 CD..

That's just a little joke, not a final title screen.

If you want to be a part of this project, feel free to PM me.

...posting here, saying you want to be part of this isn't enough?

Oh well. I've said all I needed to say here. Expect a PM saying nothing more than "I want to be a part of this project" soon. :P

Yes!
Thats right Bigboi!
FEED SRB2JTE...
Feed it your very soul!
So it will grow more powerful then anyone could of ever imagined!
And then Kroze will be hailed as a GOD!
Muahahahah!!!!!!!
<.<
>.>
Err....
I mean JTE will be hailed as a god... yeah, thats what I meant....

I'm obviously gonna be extremely late in replying in this
topic, but oh well! o_o`

My idea, as Ritz explained, was to make a Sonic CD Remix
mod for SRB2. I was using new zones based on the overall
feel of the original levels just taking place on Little Planet's
tiny moons instead of the planet itself. But I scrapped some
of it and decided to go in another direction by using slightly
different gameplay as well. So it's even more of a remix now
than before... but it's not gonna get done anytime soon if
ever. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back