SRB2 Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos said:
Damnit. No you don't. Click on the link; it never says a thing about Twilight Princess.
You will need:

* 1x Wii
* 1x SD card, formatted as FAT16 (There seems to be a problem with formatting an SD card as FAT 16 in OS X, try to format your card in Windows.)
* 1x copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that has been run at least once
* 1x Computer
* 1x Some way to read SD cards on a computer
* (Optional) 1x or more GameCube controller
* (Optional) 1x USBGecko

As far as I know, the newest versions of the Twilight hack also work with other Zelda games (moreover, I'm not sure if Twilight Princess support has been dropped). So there you go :P

Sik said:
As far as I know, the newest versions of the Twilight hack also work with other Zelda games (moreover, I'm not sure if Twilight Princess support has been dropped). So there you go :P
I'd like to point to the post above you.
Also, it's a Twilight Princess gamesave, which means it'll only work with twilight princess.

Wii Linux is looking better all the time and now has USB Keyboard support. I also believe there is a version of SDL made for it or maybe that has been ported over from the GC yet but will soon. Anyway that may be something that would help. I think there should be enough RAM also.

R.U.B.I.K. said:
Sik said:
Also, it's a Twilight Princess gamesave, which means it'll only work with twilight princess.
Savegames for other Zelda games were made too. It seems the bug is on all the games, if they can find a way to exploit it in several versions. The name "Twilight hack" remains because it's how it was originally called, but really now it's more like a "Zelda hack".

Sik said:
R.U.B.I.K. said:
Sik said:
Savegames for other Zelda games were made too. It seems the bug is on all the games, if they can find a way to exploit it in several versions. The name "Twilight hack" remains because it's how it was originally called, but really now it's more like a "Zelda hack".
I'm sorry Sik, but you need to do some more research... There are no other Zelda games for Wii and yeah...

akirahedgehog said:
Sik said:
R.U.B.I.K. said:
Sik said:
I'm sorry Sik, but you need to do some more research... There are no other Zelda games for Wii and yeah...
WTF, I'm quite sure there are some out there... Oh, well, maybe I've just got confused with another kind of hack... I'm quite sure of having seen something like that :/

It's not like Zelda games have to have 'Zelda' in the name. I don't really know the names of any of them, let alone play them...

And besides, what's all this about Zelda games got to do with SRB2 on the Wii??

Well, MI, talk of SRB2Wii flowed to Wii homebrew, which flowed to this "Twilight Hack", which flowed to the discussion of Zelda games on the Wii.

I love following topics! :D

It's not the name that matters, it's the engine.
The 3D Zelda engine, was used to create Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. Most other Zelda games were created with the 2D Zelda engine, Links Crossbow Training was an original engine.

Iestyn, everything, as currently the only gateway to Wii homebrew is a glitch in the 3D Zelda Engine.

Draykon said:
The 3D Zelda engine, was used to create Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. Most other Zelda games were created with the 2D Zelda engine, Links Crossbow Training was an original engine.

Iestyn, everything, as currently the only gateway to Wii homebrew is a glitch in the 3D Zelda Engine.

And not really a engine glitch. It will only work on games with a nameable horse. So, it might work on Wind Waker, but only if you can name your horse. On N64 games, the hack, if it even works, is useless.

FSX said:
Draykon said:

And not really a engine glitch. It will only work on games with a nameable horse. So, it might work on Wind Waker, but only if you can name your horse. On N64 games, the hack, if it even works, is useless.

Well, I think it's something to do with the horse name (Length?) that overflows a name buffer of some sort, and enables the exploit.

FSX said:
Draykon said:

If you get those ng4 games from the Wiis virtual console.Would it work?

FSX said:
So, it might work on Wind Waker, but only if you can name your horse.
What horse?

Anyway, yeah, this is getting way off point. It only works with the Wii version of Twilight Princess. End of that side-discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back