SRB2 Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not unless there's a mass of Wii code staring me in the face that I'm not noticing in the SRB2 source code. SRB2 with a Wiimote on a PC using Glove Pie and a Bluetooth adapter? Yup. SRB2Wii? No, as far as I know.

From what I know, it's not, but you can use a Wii remote/Nunchuck to connect to your computer, that is if your computer has bluetooth technology embedded within it. Your Wii remote would then become like a joystick, and I'm pretty sure I saw an image of a control set for the Wii remote on Alam's server.

Basically what Cueball said.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
that is if your computer has bluetooth technology embedded within it.

bt_dongle.jpg

:< Dongle = Adapter = not embedded = you don't have to have a computer with embedded bluetooth.

We haven't even seen the first generation of Wii homebrew, so there's no way SRB2 would run on it.

Ok I think your getting a little off topic here
And by the way I'm pritty sure that I've see a few home brews on google video.... Just use a serch engine and find one. And also, mabey, and call me crazy, but I'm pritty sure if you poke around enough you'll find a way to make srb2 wii...
Again call me crazy.

The controllers are easy for me. If SRB2 was on the Wii, I'm guessing you'd use either the GCN controller, or the Classic Controller.

csmgiw said:
And by the way I'm pritty sure that I've see a few home brews on google video.... Just use a serch engine and find one. And also, mabey, and call me crazy, but I'm pritty sure if you poke around enough you'll find a way to make srb2 wii...
Again call me crazy.
It's likely to be either gamecube homebrew running on modchipped Wiis or flash games designed for the Wii.
I've yet to see a single native homebrew title for the Wii.

tails92 said:
csmgiw said:
Again call me crazy.
It's likely to be either gamecube homebrew running on modchipped Wiis or flash games designed for the Wii.
Brilliant work! Who wants to start on SRB2 Flash, then?

Technically, it IS possible to get SRB2 on a Wii, provided you have an SD card with the free space for it.

However, once you do get it on the Wii, what do you expect to do with it? Let it rot there? :V Wii can't execute C* code, so that type of homebrew isn't available quite yet.

By the way, the thought of SRB2 on a Flash player makes me rofl so hard.

How is it funny? Of course, I know nothing about flash, and thus don't know any limitations it may has that makes SRB2 go all brokey-brokey.

JJames19119 said:
By the way, the thought of SRB2 on a Flash player makes me rofl so hard.
Thinking of this just gave me a crazy idea: Stream video of SRB2 being played live on a Flash video player. Then send all of Wii Opera's inputs to SRB2 through said Flash applet. Crazy, huh?! :D

The delay between sending the video, recording said video, and playing multiple copies of SRB2 itself would be horrendous, though. But it is just horrendously crazy!

I know, I'll use my Javascripting skills which-cannot-make-even-a-simple-puzzle to make a web SRB2!! [/joke]

I have a suggestion.

Maybe you can use a Wii mod disc thingy to run a Dreamcast emulator. Then, you would be able to run SRB2DC. I don`t see how you could use a Wii controller, but you might be able to use a USB or Gamecube keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back