[Open Assets] [SRB2 Riders] D00D Kart 64 - Mario Kart Level Pack!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly inspiring work here! One day, I hope I gain the skills required to create kart levels like the ones gathered together in this pack, though I know it's not just gonna happen overnight. If only...

Anyway, I look forward to your next update man!

Edit: Not sure if you're aware of this, but Monochrome Road seems to be missing from the pack.

Last edited:
Edit: Not sure if you're aware of this, but Monochrome Road seems to be missing from the pack.

Oh, I forgot to mention: I cut that due to the level generally not being fun, except for people who pick it just to see the others fall off or get hit by any of the numerous things about. I tried to go for an easy version, but the track just felt too bland because of it.

Also, anyone who says there are never people to play against is a liar.

GPNHb.png

WBild.png

a56I1.png

Not shown: Players past 9. I think we hit 12 at max.

Good times...

Last edited:
Really good times...except that I was being trolled by two people in those screenshots (It's not D00D. So no. And the 2nd person got in last every time so he's not there).
Also, there were actually like, 12 people playing. So fun. By the way, when playing this online with a music wad, will the music play for other people? I did something like that, but the custom music wasn't playing for my friend.

It wont play, you need to...

A: Add it manually.
2: Type "loadup" in the console, which will load both music wads. I added that script myself. You DO need to go into a race to actually trigger the alias though.
III. Play the music in your head.
Four: use the SRB2Net launcher to add it before you load up Riders.

Gotta say, those were some fun races. Too bad someone kept messing us up by crashing the whole server, but I think the last one was caused by me because I fell into the oil in Oil Ocean.

I have my doubts that it was you. If it was, then there's probably something wrong with Oil Ocean...I've never fallen in the oil, though, so I wouldn't know wither way.

I have my doubts that it was you. If it was, then there's probably something wrong with Oil Ocean...I've never fallen in the oil, though, so I wouldn't know wither way.

Well, SRB2 Riders is a godawfully crashy program, so I'm pretty sure that the map itself might have had something to do with it.

When playing as a flying type at Thunder Piston, you will eventually reach a part with a whole lot of springs that help the player jump over death pits, most of which flying types are too slow to clear. So, they'll keep falling.
It starts here:
scaled.php

And is very problematic here:
srb20116j.png

Just in case you don't already know...

Why the fuck are you playing as a flying type? In a gametype about SPEED?

Regardless, this is an issue of the source Riders mod; whenever CZ updates it all racers will be made the same speed.

Why the fuck are you playing as a flying type? In a gametype about SPEED?
Because I want to. It's not supposed to happen, so it needs to be fixed anyway, no matter who you play as.

And I'm not sure all racers being the same speed is very...creative.

Lemme rephrase that.

If you're playing as a slower character, you're going to lose the race anyway. And I don't care what your excuse is.

Lemme rephrase that.

If you're playing as a slower character, you're going to lose the race anyway. And I don't care what your excuse is.

n+ocPgqsW04PAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Look at D00D's pictures.
Note the speed types in the first two races that ended up BEHIND me when I was playing as a POWER type.
If some characters can't clear the gap, it NEEDS to be fixed. You need to know that not EVERYONE is going to play as a speed type. And I'm certainly not about to stop playing as Silver (Or Rouge, Wave, Eggman, Cream, Tails, or Knuckles or anyone else) because you tell me too, capice?

Last edited:
I usually play as Tails, and I do just as good as I do if I use a speed type. Is there a difference in handling between the characters? It sure feels like it sometimes. I can always pull of awesome drift maneuvers with Tails, and somehow I always screw them up as any speed characters. Not to say that the handling evens it all out, but heck. Tails is cool.

Lemme rephrase that.

Because you're going to lose the race anyways, you should automatically be stuck and not be able to pass. Really?

Not everyone plays to win, and some people even play by themselves. There ARE Tails/Knuckles players is SRB2's race mode. If people want to play as a slower character, let them.

Lemme rephrase that.

"You shouldn't be playing as these characters even though they are in the game for your intended use!"

Whether or not you're going to win or lose is irrelevant. If the track cannot be cleared with vanilla characters, this is a genuine bug that you need to fix. If there was a bug with the standard circuit levels that somehow prevented Tails or Knuckles players from finishing, you wouldn't hear the developers saying "WHY DOES IT MATTER YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING AS SONIC ANYWAYS".

Your excuse sucks, especially since it would take less than a minute to fix this in SRB2DB.

I've got everything here, and for some reason when I try to load the mine file, it tells me "R_LoadTextures: Missing patch in texture BALLBRD"

Does anyone know why this is? (I've tried with loading all of the music files and without loading the music files by the way)

"You shouldn't be playing as these characters even though they are in the game for your intended use!"

But they AREN'T intended (as they are) for kart use. THAT'S THE THING.

In fact
, Race mode is being dropped from SRB2official for this very same reason (or this reason is one such factor, anyway). They are slow, and while their abilities are flashy and cool, they're ultimately going to lose a majority of races. And I don't care if you can say you beat someone else in an online match; skill and course knowledge are going to beat out anyone, and being the fastest PC available is going to drive this further home.

And with kart mode, they don't even have said flashy cool abilities. They are a mechanically BAD character, favoritism or not. And they will remain as such until sourceSRB2Riders updates and fixes this problem by having them all an equal speed -- meaning, therefore, I've absolutely no reason to fix the problem when there WON'T BE A PROBLEM in the future.

Last edited:
But they AREN'T intended (as they are) for kart use. THAT'S THE THING.

I assume by "Intended", you mean "meant" for the game mode.

By that logic, every person should play as Sonic in any mode, as he was the only character originally intended for SRB2.

Or, take it this way. No characters were intended for any of the multiplayer game modes, so why should they have such a disadvantage? Saying what you said would be like saying "Tails and Knuckles aren't meant for Capture the Flag so they shouldn't be able to capture the flag", or "Tails and Knuckles weren't intended to have super modes so let's not give them the ability to go super in Match even if they get all 7 emeralds". A minor edit to a track shouldn't be a problem anyways. If you don't want to accept a person's criticism and work to fix problems, then you might as well just lock this topic.

By that logic, every person should play as Sonic in any mode, as he was the only character originally intended for SRB2.
This isn't SRB2, it is a mode that takes after MarioKart. This is an irrelevant statement.

If you don't want to accept a person's criticism and work to fix problems, then you might as well just lock this topic.
This isn't even my topic. In fact, if D00D, the owner of this topic, wants to change the level a tad to appease the people above, he can go ahead and do so. I really don't care. At all. Either way.

I said I'm not fixing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back