SRB2 Heroes (Real superpower of TEAMWORK!)

Really nice to see all the positive feedback!... and all the bug reports/pointing out design flaws, actually. I've fixed most of them, so once I fix the rest it'll be released soon-ish-I-hope (tm).

Also, this:
I'm not too fond of having lightdash on the spin button.
Please change this.
Changing that would make it the only move in the entire pack that uses a custom key (other than switching team members if that even counts...)
So I'd rather change it to double jump than custom 1.

And sorry for posting this so late, should've posted something a week ago :V
(And also sorry for not posting an image and making it way bigger than it needs to be)

I have a bit of a nitpick about the update. I'm not too fond of having lightdash on the spin button. There are several times ive died, due to trying to do a spindash or rocket accel, and lightdashing into a pit...or in a direction i didnt want to go. Please change this.

By it not working and being mapped to the action button (which in this case is spin), it's much more accurate to the source material *shot*

I agree that it could be a bit better, but most of the time I rarely notice it because I always jump before lightdashing and haven't used rocket accel up until recently.

In all honestly, i just want it something other than spin or double jump (how would that work?) I've died too much from it or flung into too many enemies.

Well you are not supposed to do lightdash on every single trail of rings, some rings are JUST there. And I dont see the problem with the spin dash button being for lightdash, but yeah, we are more used to use the custom action button, me included.

There aren't that many other characters that could be teamed in 3 with similar powers to STK. Especially for Power Characters, since they have Glide and Climb, not many custom characters have that ability.

I'm stuck

I've tried everything. You have stumped me with the Mystic Castle emerald. Any hints on how to get it? I've been retrying the level over and over exploring every inch of the castle.

There is a circular hallway with a turquoise colored door, destroy all of the badniks i n that room.

The Emerald Button in Egg Fortress is bugged, I think. If you die at any point in the level after pressing it, then the door resets and you have to press the button again, which is no longer possible after a certain point.

The Emerald Button in Egg Fortress is bugged, I think. If you die at any point in the level after pressing it, then the door resets and you have to press the button again, which is no longer possible after a certain point.

You need to press it and dont lose a life. It s a bit hard but I recommend to use fly formation to get it!

That's not good design. Resetting a level just to get an emerald isn't fair, especially since there are really difficult sections that are much harder than any other level, it doesn't help that you can't backtrack to that button to press it again, especially in the second portion of the stage.

That's not good design. Resetting a level just to get an emerald isn't fair, especially since there are really difficult sections that are much harder than any other level, it doesn't help that you can't backtrack to that button to press it again, especially in the second portion of the stage.

Well its the last emerald. And now with the team mechanics implemented, its actually easy not to lose a life.

10cqjip.png

you... did not disable the MD2s good enough.
it's really weird seeing 3D tails on a sprite.

Last edited:
ok ok, geez! I didn't know it wasn't a thing he could fix. I just assummed since he seemingly blocked all the other MD2s, he could block that too. My bad.

ok ok, geez! I didn't know it wasn't a thing he could fix. I just assummed since he seemingly blocked all the other MD2s, he could block that too. My bad.
Um, he didn't disable md2s, the skins he made for the mod are never going to be in your md2.dat because they're brand new skins no has made before. Open the wad in SLADE or a wad editor and check the skin names of the characters. Then add the name of the skin with the md2 you want to choose from. If I bother to remember to do this, I'll make a list of characters and md2s I can recommend for this thread so 3d players can play as a 3d Sonic Heroes, with a few models missing since Omega, Rouge, Big, Charmy, and Vector don't have actual 3D models for SRB2.

Hooray I didn't forget

Code:
h_sonic Sonic.md2 3.0 0.0
h_tails TAILSCD.md2 3.0 0.0
h_knuckles Knuckles.md2 3.0 0.0
h_amy amy.md2 3.0 0.0
h_shadow shadow.md2 3.0 0.0
h_cream cream.md2 3.0 0.0
h_espio espio.md2 3.0 0.0

These recommendations were made with Jeck's MD2s in mind, so yeah.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back