• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2: Generations

update

-still working on section
-we have new title design hooray!! ((still black and white i do not know color theory whoops)
-hmmmm, i need to buy more coffee soon..,,.....

-debating if i should just outright put emeralds in secret places instead of putting tokens in secret places........,,gimme thoughts about it?

View attachment 124505

View attachment 124506
Are you required to be Super Sonic at the end? If you are, then I would say put emeralds in secret places and if you aren't going to do that, put tokens cuz it would take long if you need to be Super at the end and need all tokens

Are you required to be Super Sonic at the end? If you are, then I would say put emeralds in secret places and if you aren't going to do that, put tokens cuz it would take long if you need to be Super at the end and need all tokens
nope, not doing that, the mod will just be a modern-version of the main campaign levels, no special gimmicks whatsoever because the only thing im good at is making linear maps with loads of trees lol

ehh, i guess im heading for the just find the emeralds route, the tokens do take long yeah.

another updouat in just a day?????

-still working on that same section, lmao
-added two things from community assets
-yeah

really, i suck at making platforming sections so im mainly aiming for visual appeal instead (at least i think it looks good? i dunno,

srb20002.png

hello

updit

-two sections done, working on another
-secret spot for the first emerald is made OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH
-i love playing jak 2 in opengoal, its so cool
-began to play dr robotnik's ring racers to get more ideas on level design
-i should get myself a snack im hungry

srb20006.png

srb20007.png

Post automatically merged:

alright so my mood is happy, so i didnt really find any problem working twice today woah

updaete number

-one new section, and part of a bigger section is added/being worked on
-the second section i mentioned took a reference to the earliest parts of vanilla gfz act 2
-the weather's pretty rainy today, i like that, it's strangely comforting to me
-still thinking about modern sonic v6, hes so cool:wonderful:(one particular thing i kind of dislike thats so small that it doesnt really matter and that its just a small opinion; his idle, why does he not just stand straight like he does in the main 3 boost games????????? im probably just the one thinking about it, yeah minor nitpick and all or something idk)

srb20009.png

srb20008.png

Last edited:
hello

updit

-two sections done, working on another
-secret spot for the first emerald is made OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH
-i love playing jak 2 in opengoal, its so cool
-began to play dr robotnik's ring racers to get more ideas on level design
-i should get myself a snack im hungry

View attachment 124594
View attachment 124595

alright so my mood is happy, so i didnt really find any problem working twice today woah

updaete number

-one new section, and part of a bigger section is added/being worked on
-the second section i mentioned took a reference to the earliest parts of vanilla gfz act 2
-the weather's pretty rainy today, i like that, it's strangely comforting to me
-still thinking about modern sonic v6, hes so cool:wonderful:(one particular thing i kind of dislike thats so small that it doesnt really matter and that its just a small opinion; his idle, why does he not just stand straight like he does in the main 3 boost games????????? im probably just the one thinking about it, yeah minor nitpick and all or something idk)

View attachment 124601
View attachment 124602
Hope you update Techno Hill Modern as well.

Hope you update Techno Hill Modern as well.
no worries, the next level im working on is an overhaul for technohill yeah 👍

I love this mod so much
thankss :threat:

-new small section doneee!! still gotta work on the big one..........
-aw FUCK the stuff from vimm is GONE aw mannnnnn where am i gonna get my sonic unleashed and sonic colors for the wii and sonic rush for the ds roms :dramahog:
-oh yeah im definitely addicted to drrr

srb20010.png

hey

update of todate

-fixed brightness to 232, i genuinely thought gfz had 192 but apparently no. finally, the sun exists :threat:
-new sections
-we've reached roughly one minute in average gameplay, and yet the map is twice as huge as the original version
-did you guys see the new sonadow gens trailer yet? that was pretty cool, and terios too im def gonna get the deluxe edition to see a proper model for him!! also damn they really just turning shadow into a symbiote thats so cool-

srb20012.png

Last edited:
Tricks and boost aren't needed that much cuz it's mainly platforming
yeah, the current idea im following is "srb2 but long", basically im taking a weird fusion of sonic generations and srb2's platforming, and by srb2's platforming i mean the entirety of srb2 levels--from vanilla to modded (at least the ones that dont do so much gimmicks).

I love how this project is going so far!
same, im also surprised by how its still going right now, originally thought it'd die out in like a month but no we're still here :wonderful:

upd

-current time of entire stage (fastest) is roughly a minute,
-i might end this stage in 1:40, similar to original version, i'll head straight to working on a new white world hub as a break and then go back to full thinking mode for technohill modern remake

srb20020.png

replaying sonic and the secret rings after finishing jak 2, woo!

would you guys considering sonic and the secret rings a boost game? I mean Speed Break is pretty much the same thing as boost, y'know?

updoootoaotoet

-two new sections, one is still being given a bit of work yeahh
-hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coconut

srb20024.png

srb20023.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back