SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sohio said:
System Registry...WTF?! whats that got to do with this?And how come u CAN'T upload a zip file, if i had the files it would be drag 'n drop, then upload to mediafire. easy, but i need the files, not the exe. And i dont have files so, ya. Rar OR Zip will do.
An ActiveX component needs registered. If you don't mind crashes, you can extract the files from the installer using 7zip. Probably the only thing that won't work is the script editor.

Speaking of crashes,using 3D Mode very often seems to make the SRB2DB to crash. I am unsure if it is using the nodesbuilder so many times or what, but it seems to crash often when I go into 3D mode the nTH time. I wish I could be more descriptive on how it happens. Maybe I can send you an errorlog the next time it happens? If you are still supporting SRB2DB of course.

Torgo said:
Speaking of crashes,using 3D Mode very often seems to make the SRB2DB to crash. I am unsure if it is using the nodesbuilder so many times or what, but it seems to crash often when I go into 3D mode the nTH time. I wish I could be more descriptive on how it happens. Maybe I can send you an errorlog the next time it happens? If you are still supporting SRB2DB of course.
Yes, a crash log would be helpful, thank you. I am at least nominally supporting it, although what spare time I have is being spent on other things at the moment. We'll see what the summer brings.

Hi Oogaland,

I would like to present you some suggestions:

1) Ortho mode: When I'm moving a thing, sector, linedef or a vertex, I'd like to constrain the movement along X, Y-axis and along 45° angle, like when you hold Ctrl upon drawing a linedef.

This would be very useful for me and others; I've created some maps with orthogonal design, I've missed an Ortho-mode feature in DB.

2) Ruler: I'm always needing to measure distances, dimensions and spacings. I've used linedefs to measure, but this is a tad "dangerous", and the grid.

Thanks.

Has anyone ever suggested porting Doom Builder over to over operating systems?

I know there are quite a few users (myself included) in the SRB2 community that use some form of Linux machine. It'd be nice to see an SRB2DB running natively on an OS like Ubuntu. Of course, it does run fine under WINE so far, so maybe it's not necessary.

Well, I just recently got a crash, this time I know it was trying to get into 3D mode, but I can't find the crashlog. Is there some manual parameter to put in, like -debug?

Torgo said:
Well, I just recently got a crash, this time I know it was trying to get into 3D mode, but I can't find the crashlog. Is there some manual parameter to put in, like -debug?
No, there's no way to get it to generate a log. Depending on the sort of crash, it might have been recorded in the system's event log. I'm unlikely ever to get around to fixing it though, so you're probably better not wasting your time... but thanks anyway. :)

yeah i keep getting this problem everytime i save "Zennode.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I don't know if this is a config issue or a program issue, but when I have the things visible under the 2.0/1.1 config, 3d mode really slowes down to a snail's pace. Under the 1.09.4 config this does not happen.

EDIT: My bad, I had to do a lot of crazy things to get it to work but it does. =P

EDIT AGAIN: Oh man, now there's a new error. "Error 380 while creating map: Invalid property value"

Last edited:
I think I know why the things mode slows down - it has to check the refrence for the thing, and imagine how many more things are in 2.0.x than 1.09.4

Thank you, Oogaland! However, whenever I close, it says 'Doom Builder has stopped working, we are searching for a solution to the problem'. This isn't really a problem as I've already intended to exit, it's just annoying.

Last edited:
I have 2 questions. Do you know where I can find a guide to building levels?

Also, does it still crash and corrupt data on Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back