SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also like to know how to add additional Things to the Thing list. I'm using an additional spring set provided by another member of the forum, but the springs in question don't show up at all in Doombuilder.

Knowing how to fix the problem would also let me add my own Things once I create them.

Also can someone explain to me why every time i sue the make stairs function if i mka etoo many the whole thing closes out?

fawfulfan said:
When 1.1 comes out, will you release a new CFG file for SRB2 Doom Builder?
Yes. SRB2 Workbench will also be out by then, and will have better 1.1 support than SRB2DB, but Workbench's 3D mode won't be ready by 1.1's release, so SRB2DB isn't going to become entirely obsolete quite yet.

Drake Spyker said:
I'd also like to know how to add additional Things to the Thing list.
The file Srb2ex.cfg contains all the information about the significance of all the types of objects. Take a look at the things subsection.

verifiaman said:
Also can someone explain to me why every time i sue the make stairs function if i mka etoo many the whole thing closes out?
The Convert to Stairs function is broken. I'd suggest that you not use it.

Drake Spyker said:
I'd also like to know how to add additional Things to the Thing list. I'm using an additional spring set provided by another member of the forum, but the springs in question don't show up at all in Doombuilder.

Knowing how to fix the problem would also let me add my own Things once I create them.

Either make a new CFG file or use the MAP number of the Thing.

Ezer.Arch said:
Where SRB2 Workbench's bug reports can be posted? Because I found two bugs.
There's no thread here because I deliberately haven't posted the RC on the boards -- it's not ready for general release. Bugging me on IRC is probably the best strategy.

Parental Controls!

Could u put up a ".rar" or ".zip" download option, i cant install anything. (asks me for password, which idk)

Re: Parental Controls!

Sohio said:
Could u put up a ".rar" or ".zip" download option, i cant install anything. (asks me for password, which idk)
Unfortunately not, I'm afraid. One of the system registry hives needs to be modified.

It would be great if it could automate the creation of thok barriers, and adding rooms which branch off or changing the shape without needing to change both sectors.

Another thing I would like is to be able to use the FOF wizard to edit FOF's which are already created, or to add more than one FOF on a single sector.

Yet another thing: I would like to be able to create linedefs close to existing linedefs, or things on top of other things, without having to put it somewhere else first (like a modifier key which, when held down, would make it so it would create a new linedef instead of opening properties.)

Another feature which should be simple to implement is the creation of scripts (for the Run Script linedef executor) within the level editor, instead of needing to quit the level editor (since it locks the file...) and load a separate lump editor.

There are also some bugs in certain dialogs, like if you click the button to change the water colormap in the FOF setup wizard, and click Cancel on the color dialog, it crashes.

Yes, I know I've said a lot.

flarn2006 said:
It would be great if it could automate the creation of thok barriers, and adding rooms which branch off or changing the shape without needing to change both sectors.
That's kind of awkward to automate. It would maybe be feasible in Workbench, which can handle sector references better, but still I think it's not worth it, since the big-square technique makes making thok barriers pretty painless.

flarn2006 said:
Another thing I would like is to be able to use the FOF wizard to edit FOF's which are already created, or to add more than one FOF on a single sector.
You should already be able to edit existing FOFs. Remember that it's the target sector you select, not the control sector. Multiple FOFs per sector are supported in Workbench.

flarn2006 said:
Yet another thing: I would like to be able to create linedefs close to existing linedefs, or things on top of other things, without having to put it somewhere else first (like a modifier key which, when held down, would make it so it would create a new linedef instead of opening properties.)
Press Insert! My map-making productivity soared when I discovered that key.

flarn2006 said:
Another feature which should be simple to implement is the creation of scripts (for the Run Script linedef executor) within the level editor, instead of needing to quit the level editor (since it locks the file...) and load a separate lump editor.
That's not technically too difficult, but I'd rather not. Map editors shouldn't get involved in lump-editing tasks. I'm not even keen on having MAINCFG editing in there, frankly.

flarn2006 said:
There are also some bugs in certain dialogs, like if you click the button to change the water colormap in the FOF setup wizard, and click Cancel on the color dialog, it crashes.
Noted. Thanks.

Personally. I think that having Main Config capabilities works out fine. That way I don't have to switch out to XWE.

I'll Begin said:
Try a different Level Editor.

DUH! i tried that, otherwise i uldn't be asking!

Oogaland said:
Unfortunately not, I'm afraid. One of the system registry hives needs to be modified.

System Registry...WTF?! whats that got to do with this?

And how come u CAN'T upload a zip file, if i had the files it would be drag 'n drop, then upload to mediafire. easy, but i need the files, not the exe. And i dont have files so, ya. Rar OR Zip will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back