• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic X (X-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd want BattleMod to rely on himself, not accessories.
Yeaa!!!
also I think You should be able to (At atleast 3-5 Emeralds) Access Shadowlookalike Dark Soxic: And or buy em at the shop.

But to activate Dark... You gotta die!
Let me rephrase: You gotta Get hit with 0 rings, This Will activate A small cutscene (Can be skipped with [Button] (Doesnt happen when you fall into a bottomless pit or get crushed into powder.)
This is just a suggestion.
Post automatically merged:

No, we can't let another thread spamming crisis happen. :dramahog:
We must, :worry:
Its the fate of all Highly promising Threads that (Almost) everyone wants.

Why not a three emeralds super form? Using only 50 rings and no emeralds would be ridiculous.
oo and i also got an idea i dont know if this is possible with srb2 modding but if you get all the emeralds and get 50 rings you can choose which form you want to be in ( idk what spelling mistakes i made lol )

oo and i also got an idea i dont know if this is possible with srb2 modding but if you get all the emeralds and get 50 rings you can choose which form you want to be in ( idk what spelling mistakes i made lol )

Read

Guys! I already know how to solve the problem of the Sneakers! It's ez

You can unlock them by getting the emeralds (they are unlocked for each emerald you get)

To use them, simply change them by using NEXTWPN or PREVWPN, Or also using the numeric keypad (I relied on the Gem Abilities mod for this option)

(I had several ideas for DarkSS, both gameplay and how to get it, but I hadn't read the above until now :sadthumbsup:)

Last edited:
Guys! I already know how to solve the problem of the Sneakers! It's ez

You can unlock them by getting the emeralds (they are unlocked for each emerald you get)

To use them, simply change them by using NEXTWPN or PREVWPN, Or also using the numeric keypad (I relied on the Gem Abilities mod for this option)

(I had several ideas for DarkSS, both gameplay and how to get it, but I hadn't read the above until now :sadthumbsup:)
yeah maybe we'll have to use a combination of custom buttons cause Nextwpn and Prevwpn is needed in some other addons like BuddyEX where you have to press nwpn and pwpn to switch. Seven shoes per emerald? how many shoes was there in Sonic X? using numeric keypad would be problematic for mobile users that wants to play it too

But i think we should try making a menu instead, like pressing custom1 and 2 will make a menu appear which is the shoe selector, using the directional buttons will navigate you on what shoes are available/unlocked and using the jump button will accept it, spin is for decline and turning off the menu

(Another) but what would even the shoes do if they have no abilities? cosmetics? design? and besides it will just literally add more work for BlueBlur to resprite and code, it will make the character file fatter. He'll need to resprite every single sprite of regular sonic with different shoes which means more delay

please remember that respriting every frame is hard and i know that since i animate in adobe and tried to make cosmetics for a test game i worked on, it literally took me a week just to finish one shoe resprite for every frame that contains the regular one

BlueBlur obviously has a life of his own outside in the MB which means he can't just waste his time over the addon, he'll have to take constant breaks sometimes to not let the addon die and just be remembered as a disappointing cancels since I know a lot of people like X-Sonic to be in SRB2 (mainly my friend group but obviously there is more of them that i don't know, SonicX is literally a classic for adult to younger Sonic fans), We all don't like dogwater addons since it just doesn't feel the same vibe we used to on whatever character it is so please don't put a lot of ideas, Adventure Sonic had a lot of stuff packed onto it since GoldenShine took his time working on it, BlueBlur then needs time since he (i think) has only a decent amount of coding knowledge while Shine has (arguably) the best coding knowledge in SRB2 based on what i've seen in SMS, SA-Sonic, Metroid and other stuff he was part on

BlueBlur please don't let this addon die out and take your time

Anyway thats the end of my long ted talk :worry:

yeah maybe we'll have to use a combination of custom buttons cause Nextwpn and Prevwpn is needed in some other addons like BuddyEX where you have to press nwpn and pwpn to switch. Seven shoes per emerald? how many shoes was there in Sonic X? using numeric keypad would be problematic for mobile users that wants to play it too

But i think we should try making a menu instead, like pressing custom1 and 2 will make a menu appear which is the shoe selector, using the directional buttons will navigate you on what shoes are available/unlocked and using the jump button will accept it, spin is for decline and turning off the menu

(Another) but what would even the shoes do if they have no abilities? cosmetics? design? and besides it will just literally add more work for BlueBlur to resprite and code, it will make the character file fatter. He'll need to resprite every single sprite of regular sonic with different shoes which means more delay

please remember that respriting every frame is hard and i know that since i animate in adobe and tried to make cosmetics for a test game i worked on, it literally took me a week just to finish one shoe resprite for every frame that contains the regular one

BlueBlur obviously has a life of his own outside in the MB which means he can't just waste his time over the addon, he'll have to take constant breaks sometimes to not let the addon die and just be remembered as a disappointing cancels since I know a lot of people like X-Sonic to be in SRB2 (mainly my friend group but obviously there is more of them that i don't know, SonicX is literally a classic for adult to younger Sonic fans), We all don't like dogwater addons since it just doesn't feel the same vibe we used to on whatever character it is so please don't put a lot of ideas, Adventure Sonic had a lot of stuff packed onto it since GoldenShine took his time working on it, BlueBlur then needs time since he (i think) has only a decent amount of coding knowledge while Shine has (arguably) the best coding knowledge in SRB2 based on what i've seen in SMS, SA-Sonic, Metroid and other stuff he was part on

BlueBlur please don't let this addon die out and take your time

Anyway thats the end of my long ted talk :worry:
Well the mobile port is dead anyway so you don't have to worry about the number pad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back