• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic X (X-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's almost plain impossible unless STJR decides to add it, though I had an idea where we just grab the code of knux latch and climb code without the glide command, the climb sprites is replaced with "wall running" sprites then edit the speed to be more fast so that it actually feels like you are running, problem is that I have literally no idea on how to sprite and code so it never existed outside my mind
I don't think it's plain impossible! Take it from the Espio mod, who had a pseudo "wall running" these guys could probably base the code from the Espio mod! Or hek, even edit them with permission. Even if they don't use the Espio mod as a basis, they could start of with a small detection code (Just like the Espio mod) and build of from there. (Sloperollangle would look good here)

Already planned out!
The goal is to make it as accurate to the show as possible, whilst also making it fun and optimal for SRB2.
If you plan on doing it, (and that's a big if) I feel like a challenge would be music syncing.
One of my favorite things about the spindash in SX was how it would always "work together" with the music for lack of a better term.
Post automatically merged:

If we're talking about Custom themes/remixes,

Gotta Go Fast should be for Speed Shoes, and Sonic Drive (Japanese OP) should be Super Forms.

I think Sonic's theme in the Japanese version would work for an Invincibility theme.
Oh so the JP ver. got a released score but the US ver. didn't?
Very sad. Sonic X's music is so good.

Attachments

• RPReplay-Final1575782045.mp4
    5.5 MB
  • RPReplay-Final1593269139.mp4
    678.2 KB
Last edited:
I'm back again at the thread, WALL RUNNING IS POSSIBLE. Take it from Wido The Wild! The mod isn't reusable but I'm sure Plushima would be nice enough to lend the Lua or SOC.

I'm back again at the thread, WALL RUNNING IS POSSIBLE. Take it from Wido The Wild! The mod isn't reusable but I'm sure Plushima would be nice enough to lend the Lua or SOC.
I apologize to everyone if I'm stepping out of line, but a discussion about Wall Running was already had; there's no need to start it again.
Yes, it's possible because both Wido and Espio exist, but it's not pleasant to see people constantly press the issue again and again.
Someone even made a reminder of this discussion already happening (EDIT: It was near the end of the very last page too!), but got completely shoved aside in a manner similar to saying "I'm gonna talk about it anyway".

I apologize to everyone if I'm stepping out of line, but a discussion about Wall Running was already had; there's no need to start it again.
Yes, it's possible because both Wido and Espio exist, but it's not pleasant to see people constantly press the issue again and again.
Someone even made a reminder of this discussion already happening, but got completely shoved aside in a manner similar to saying "I'm gonna talk about it anyway".

will modern sonic have spindesh moment

But yeah we really shouldn't bring up that can of worms again

I think a Momentum Homing Attack would be good for this mod.
And maybe a Lightdash?
I think it would not really benefit him since his most powerful weapon is his speed, we all know and saw that he can literally outrun Sam's Rocket Car which literally can almost reach/match Sonic's supersonic speed so I theorized that he would have a LostWorld-Sonic/Werehog situation where holding a button while running let's him run without his speed being locked

Though a light speed dash might benefit him in terms of traversal and keeping momentum

I think it would not really benefit him since his most powerful weapon is his speed, we all know and saw that he can literally outrun Sam's Rocket Car which literally can almost reach/match Sonic's supersonic speed so I theorized that he would have a LostWorld-Sonic/Werehog situation where holding a button while running let's him run without his speed being locked

Though a light speed dash might benefit him in terms of traversal and keeping momentum
Well, that's another ability for him!

A Super Dash Mode!

Super dash mode, like crystal/alt sonic?
Honestly, I like the idea, reaching the super dash mode is always really satisfying to me.

Guys, before debating on what you think will "benefit" X-Sonic, I suggest you should take a look at page 6 (post #118).
It has the moves planned for him already.
The description for jump ability mentions homing properties, removing the need for any sort of Homing Attack or Light Speed Attack.
And the the spin ability seems to remove the need for any sort of dash mode...

I gotta say, even all this time later, it's impressive how you managed to take the Sonic X spin attack, which, in my opinion, seems to do whatever the plot needs it to, and find a way to make it usable in game while still retaining all the ridiculous shit it does. Super excited to see more of it!

Where's Chris Thorndyke?
1644879585709.png

I could see potential for a tutorial level similar to Meta Knight’s crew on the Halberd, but I doubt Blur would want to do that

I gotta say, even all this time later, it's impressive how you managed to take the Sonic X spin attack, which, in my opinion, seems to do whatever the plot needs it to, and find a way to make it usable in game while still retaining all the ridiculous shit it does. Super excited to see more of it!
I love how accurate this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Back