• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic the fighters honey.wad help please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that when I said I got some plushies, this turned into the "What I got for X-mas" thread. BACK ON TOPIC!!! I DON'T WANT THIS TO GET LOCKED!!!!!

Chao Freak 1 said:
BACK ON TOPIC!!! I DON'T WANT THIS TO GET LOCKED!!!!!
Don't worry, I'll save ya!

... so... yeah... Honey... good on toast...

I fail at saving threads from being locked...

Chao Freak 1 said:
Why is it that when I said I got some plushies, this turned into the "What I got for X-mas" thread. BACK ON TOPIC!!! I DON'T WANT THIS TO GET LOCKED!!!!!

Because as soon as someone says the slightest thing off topic, it's like a magnet, and it becomes an epidemic. Ontopic: This looks very promising, as I have been interesting in the "Secret of Honey" for a while now. Chao Freak 1, the topic won't get locked if a couple of people go off topic for a while. I will admit that I contributed, though. If it went on for a few pages though, it would get locked.

Coolness. I didn't know that she had a gun atack! Also what is it like playing as her? Is she a good character to be, should I add some of her stuff to the sprites?

Honey is fun to play with. It's humorous when she is squashed by Bark and she has her head with Amy's body. Also, It's wierd when you attack, she mainly attacks with other character's attacks.

COOL! when I get access to a Windows computer, I will try to play as her.

Also, Biggestsonicfan, I read through the forums again, and I read that you wanted to know what Kinoko means, for level values or something. Well, Kinoko means Mushroom, so that's the MUSHROOM HILL value thing.

I had an Idea, though it won't happen for a long time. One of My friends is learning how to make levels. What I was thinking is have 2-D boss levels of all of the StF stages. Each boss would be a character boss as one of the StF characters. All of the levels would be boss levels, so It would pretty much be SRB2 the Fighters. Once my friend can level Wad, I will ask him to work with me on that.

Ok. I'm almost done with the runing sprites, and I'm done with the dyeing sprite. I have 2 more angles of her flying in her super form.

Uh, lemme clairify something...

Cory the Hedgehog said:
Oops...Sorry :oops: . Well this is becoming really nice by the way. Was that picture of her with the gun real?

(I believe http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/172/stf09282006112853jf7.png is the image he is talking about)

No, that image is not real. I had created that mock-up before realizing characters could steal Nack's gun, Bean's bomb and Espio's tongue using a special move. A gun is not in Honey's native moveset.

Arctic Fox said:
Yes, it is, i've played as Honey in Sonic the Fighters/Sonic Championship, and she has that gun attack.

You sir, don't know what you're talking about. The only way to make any character play with another character's moveset is by freezing the head and body data of player 1 to different characters at the character slect screen. For example, if you use Sonic's body value, and Bark's head value, you will have Sonic playing with Bark's moves. In fact, Sonic will even stand like Bark, all hunched over with long arms and such. HOWEVER, if you take Nack's head vaue, and Honey's body value, you will play as Honey with the unused character's moveset, not Honey's. This is due to her unique (cat-like) stance,which cannot be altered like Sonic's can. Unless you play as Honey normally, and use the move to steal Nack's gun for a second, Honey cannot always have a gun attack.

Chao Freak 1 said:
Coolness. I didn't know that she had a gun atack! Also what is it like playing as her? Is she a good character to be, should I add some of her stuff to the sprites?

Again, she does not have the gun attack. You can see her list of attacks in the recently updated Sonic the Fighters section of Sonic CulT: http://www.sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?catid=4&gameid=2&subid=1&artid=6.

Honey is a very good fighter, but lacks any real special abilities, like a Spindash, flying, hammer, ect.. There is currently no video available that shows Honey's REAL moveset, even the one on Sonic CulT (All of the ones on YouTube are just that same video), and I have yet to make another one.

What you can add to the sprites, is hair and a tail, as seen in the Honey section of Sonic CulT, because what we normally see Honey as is actually a glitch in the emulator. Some say she looks "cuter" without the pigtails, but this makes her less accurate to her Fighting Vipers counterpart.

Arctic Fox said:
Honey is fun to play with. It's humorous when she is squashed by Bark and she has her head with Amy's body. Also, It's wierd when you attack, she mainly attacks with other character's attacks.

All of this is true, however, I had posted this information which was available in this topic as of December 24th. So, I don't know weither to believe you or not. Also, if you are playing as Honey, you must be using the trainer I co-developed that is available from the Sonic CulT forums.

Shu said:
the gun attack probably contributed to her being left out of the final version.

Even if she did have a gun attack, I couldn't see how that would contribute to it. A lot of fighting games had special characters which only had attacks that other characters had, especially around the time Sonic the Fighters was being developed. I just believe that the developers were going to try to make an outstanding storyline to a simple fighting game, and it was decided to only make it a simple fighting game because it was just going to be released in arcades.

Other than that, keep up the good work all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back