Sonic & the Black Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't proving anything I was asking a question.

So is the answer yes? I don't quite understand what you said there.

After looking at the footage, it seems they put more control on sonic's running speed. And looking at battle scenes. I'd say it's less like kingdom hearts and more basic sword play with some flare involved.

The knuckles boss looks entertaining so I can't wait to fight my favorite character ^^

Wiki said:
Gameplay for Sonic and the Black Knight differs from traditional games in the Sonic series by mixing in the new element of swordplay, along with the traditional Sonic platforming and speed. Swordplay is implemented through the Wii Remote. Gameplay will no longer be like Sonic and the Secret Rings but will be free movement like Sonic Unleashed. The gameplay will mainly be 3D, but occasionally the camera will shift to a side-scrolling perspective for traditional 2D gameplay.

Swordplay will be implemented so that players can slice through enemies without slowing down, but when faced with more formidable enemies, players will engage in advanced swordplay, able to thrust, parry, and perform other maneuvers. The sword will not be used just for combat; players may thrust it through a wall while falling to slow their descent.

The stages will feature civilians that the player can choose to help or smite; these actions and the player's deeds will be judged at the end of each stage, updating the player's "knight ranking" accordingly. By helping out citizens, players will be able to purchase new items from them, such as gauntlets, magical tomes, and new swords. There will be about 200 items in the game, some of which can be gained by opening treasure chests in the stages. An online mode will allow treasures to be traded.

The game changes the traditional level items, such as springs and speed pads, into "elements". These elements come in varying colors; red elements will be used as springs, yellow elements will be used as speed boosts, and purple elements will be used to fill up the "special gauge". This gauge is filled by defeating enemies, and is used to unleash a powerful combination attack. Additionally, instead of the rails from previous games, players will fire a ballista and then grind across its rope.

The mission-based system from Sonic and the Secret Rings will also return, but the missions will be easier to complete. Each stage will consist of multiple missions which feature different stipulations. The skill system from the aforementioned game also returns, but will be reviewed to adjust any problems that were present in that game; the skill system is also being designed so as not to interfere with the game's tempo.

I like where this game is going. It's old news, but if people don't Google, then people won't look at Wiki.

Also, my inner love for Sonic took a huge leap for joy when I heard Crush 40 was doing the theme for this game.

The theme kicked me in the face as I listen. Yea it's that good.
Now for someone to leak the entire song now >>.....

Sega: We repeat, this is NOT based off any fan based characters or anything if the sort. It is our original idea to try and make a classic gamplay but include more variety. And and all designs, attacks, moves, and gameplay are copyrighted by us.

I think this game will be way better than people say and i dont care if you think sonic games have gotten crap i think they are getting better and better (but you obviously can't beat sonic 3 and knuckles).

This Is awesome. how much you want to bet there is now a homing attack variation called Homing Slash? or what about SpinSlash? (okay I'll stop with the corny jokes.) but this opens so much possibilities! LIGHTSLASH!!!!!!!!!! *shot with a rocket*
I'm sorry. I HAD to. but still the game looks awesome.

well the game could be good or it could be a complete faliure if I spelled that right but they should put knuckles and shadow in there reason one Shadow can fight and Knuckles can fight. It would be cool if they had something like dragonballz tenkaichi and have like a 2p battle mode not know find the treasure crap or know shake the box and see who has the most rings I mean some swords slicing at each other and stuff! Now that would be cool but thats just my opinion and my other opinion would be if they had Sonic and other characters level up cause that would be pretty cool.

well a Vs. mode would be added, but we would have to play a demo first to see if it's acceptable. Hey I mean, im all up for that, but unless it can be better than "Sonic: The fighters" then i'll go out their and buy it.

Which is old news...but I'll say all the old news..some

Blaze,Shadow,Knux as playable characters/And in battle mode(4 players)
Amy is lady of the Lake
Tails is a Blacksmith
Calibur(SP?) is Sonics talking sword
Will not be using motion plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back