Sonic & the Black Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEGA has lost all it's thoughts. Were doing sonic with a sword now! Watch this kids, its better than before. SONIC-SPEED, with a SWORD! New fun is heading your way, because we made a new character. And he turns supersonic with a sword two at the end. Were going to make a fortune*.

Personaly, Sonic unleashed wasn't that fun or creative. Now, who knows what the base of this game will be.

Blue Warrior said:
I don't understand what's wrong with Sonic holding a sword.
I'm asking the same thing about Werehog. What's wrong with it? Fanboys complaining that SEGA wants to do something new.

The fear was that sword gameplay would interfere with the speedy gameplay of Sonic games. Of course, those trailers proved me wrong...

Also:

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Blue Warrior said:
I'm asking the same thing about Werehog. What's wrong with it? Fanboys complaining that SEGA wants to do something new.

What was wrong with Werehog was the radical change between daytime gameplay and nighttime gameplay, not the character in person (or at least that was my opinion).

Since it looks like the swordplay won't screw around with the speed formula too much, it's not as much of a harassment.

If you replaced Were-Hog with some guy from God of War reviews would change I bet.

Yeah,the were-hog did change gameplay..A LOT.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Blue Warrior said:

Thank Starblazer

Nintendo: "Here's some classic Mario!" Gamers: "Damn! Give us something different!"
Sega: "Here's Sonic doing something different!" Gamers: "Damn! Give us some classic Sonic!"

Picky picky. We taste the pizza; half want something extra while others want it simple....

Look at it this way: Srga's got two audiences of their choice to appeal to, the hardcore fanboys who are the Genisis fans, are nit picky and want something traditional and fast, and the newer fans who really don't care what they get, as long as it has Sonic in the title, they'll buy it. Now, don't you think it would be a lot easier to develop a lousy title for the latter group and get away with it? That's the path Sega's taken, unfortunately, Nintendo starts targeting their games at little kids and grandmas, and all of a sudden, Sega's jumping the bandwagon of developing for the casual gamer.

Now, that might not have made much sense, I'm really bad at phrasing what I want to say.

Around 2006, Sonic Team was forced to do Sonic titles under serious restrictions, and as such didn't have the drive or passion that they did pre-Sonic Heroes. That summarizes what I've read, anyway.

At any rate, it's the reason that many recent Sonic games suck. Ever since Sonic '06, a lot of the old hardcore Sonic fans haven't trusted SEGA since, and it seems to me that it's caused the stubborn attitude that "If it doesn't resemble Sonic's Genesis titles, it sucks". I looked at the first few pages of the Black Knight thread at Sonic Retro, and practically everyone blatantly bashed the game just because they saw Sonic holding a sword in a Nintendo Power magazine; they didn't even know how the game was going to play, but Sonic had a sword for some reason, so it had to be bad. It's disgusting to know this is what certain Sonic fans are like.

I suppose the game is worth giving a chance, judging by the videos, but I really don't have high hopes for it either way.

I hope I'm proven wrong, anyways.

I Just don't see sonic cuting somthing In half with a talking sword. I meanlook at this:

Shadow = guns?
now
Sonic = sword?

When will it end? They never needed wepons from 1991-2003.

The boxart we'll never get

51pjGPo9uiL._SS500_.jpg

suoersonicknightqn4.jpg

I showed people at school this image, they said Sonic looked Corny, I think they're jealous because This looks so much cooler than any of their games out.

Autosaver said:
Eh,Chissun.

Its just the SATSR Art promotion flipped with a sword in his hand. XD
Wait a minuet... How did I not see that before.
You have good eyes Autosaver.

Autosaver said:
Eh,Chissun.

Its just the SATSR Art promotion flipped with a sword in his hand. XD

Wow, I didn't catch that.

The link goes to Amazon, so I thought it was legit.

Eliwood said:
suoersonicknightqn4.jpg

I showed people at school this image, they said Sonic looked Corny, I think they're jealous because This looks so much cooler than any of their games out.

The armor is well made, though waaay too flashy for my blood and sonic. Im not a fan of fancy looking stuff. Which is the reason why I would understand why they would say it looks corny. But from what im looking at so far from trailers, this looks like it would work better on the 360. But if they can fix the delayed timming on the responsive controls then it would be Wii's best game (well sort of...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back