Sonic & the Black Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a few seconds of gameplay..... And it got me hyped.

Look how fast Sonic's running with sword! Look how realistic the backgrounds are! Oh my god, I'm gonna' have a spasm!

OK, overhyping over... But yeah... Pretty impressive. Now where's the non-rail sections? Is this on-rails? I mean... we do get to control him with the nunchuck, so don't we get free exploration?

Black Knight Trailer

There's finally a trailer out for Sonic and the Black Knight along with what sounds like its another Crush 40 title music. The intro sounds like it veers a bit from what the songs normally start with, probably a first hint to the alleged marriage between Celtic influences and SA-rock. I've always held that the more game-y songs fit Sonic better, but I still like this one.

The trailer looks good but it doesn't show much gameplay outside of what's already been peeked at with screens. The Black Knight looks awesome though, and there is some pretty frenetic slashing going on (no slow calculated dueling)... Sonic with a sword wouldn't make sense outside a spin-off series, but I wonder if it can actually be done?

It does look promising, I'll probably be as cautiously optimistic as I am with Sonic Unleashed, but I have a weak spot for sword combat... no matter what it creeps into. >_> Let's hope the Sonic and the Secret Rings team can work another unexpected miracle.

(the Hyrule Field footage partway through looks awfully expansive, more so than I've seen in a Sonic game yet at least... I wonder how much of the game will be like that)

JEV3 said:
It does look promising, I'll probably be as cautiously optimistic as I am with Sonic Unleashed, but I have a weak spot for sword combat... no matter what it creeps into.
Same here, although I am sure everyone has a soft spot for sword swinging combat

Knight of the Wind...wonder if that will be that song's name. It looks like it could be fun. I would like to know more about the stages-like it that large open field is an adventure field or level specific.

That trailer was EPIC!!! *Punched.* Oh.. Sorry for overhyping....

Song was fantastic, graphics were gorgeous, and the gameplay looked pretty decent. I love the new direction SEGA's going with the new Sonic games.

Silent_Snipe said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
I hate the new direction SEGA's going with the new Sonic games.
Fixed

First, You cant fix somones own opinion, Second, Thier have been Good new sonic games recently, such as sonic rush adventure and sonic chronicles *from what I've herd*.

I'm pretty anticipated about this game coming out.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Draykon said:
Could be cool if done right.

Speed combined with a large sword? AND a hedgehog? It will be interesting to see.

Really, becuase to me it's really weird. And plus to that, there copying off of Kingdom Hearts.

superflip96 said:
First, You cant fix somones own opinion, Second, Thier have been Good new sonic games recently, such as sonic rush adventure and sonic chronicles *from what I've herd*.

I'm pretty anticipated about this game coming out.
First i was simply rewording his opinion to make my opinion, second those was like 2 games out off all the other games sonic team have made and failed with.

Yes i might as well to avoid all this.

Anyways back on topic i have seen the trailer and the game play side looks okish but i just hope they don't pull an 06 on us at last minute

SuperSonicStar* said:
Chrome the hedgehog said:
Draykon said:
Could be cool if done right.

Speed combined with a large sword? AND a hedgehog? It will be interesting to see.

Really, becuase to me it's really weird. And plus to that, there copying off of Kingdom Hearts.

How is that copying Kingdom Hearts in any way?

Ontopic: Will it be on rails? Or will there be some free roaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back