Sonic Robo Blast 2 the Past Version 2.0

[Open Assets] Sonic Robo Blast 2 the Past Version 2.0 2.0.17

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
me when i discovered glaber got banned:

moral of the story: please don't get on kart krew's nerves.

Have you ever considered for a singular moment that maybe this is why I don't like you?
I was right. Take the fucking L.
Mods, get him grounded.

1714575590830.jpeg

with Glaber's ban, well...

Someone will have to maintain their mod as eventually Srb2 patches/updates will break the code used by this addon.

I would talk about DRRR but it's just not the right thread or time to talk about it.

Have you ever considered for a singular moment that maybe this is why I don't like you?
I was right. Take the fucking L.
And I ask you: why do you think this is a valid response? All it makes it look like is that you hate people who don't just conform to your wishes and, god forbid, criticize you.

I personally agree to the fact that the original tutorial was indeed too long and that certain unlock criteria were not in the best light, but 2.1 rectified these concerns in large part by making the race to skip the tutorial no longer super hard and by tuning down the requirements for Online Play and Add-ons. This, imo, fixed in large part my main issue with the game, and I've been enjoying it, despite being having never played SRB2Kart.

What didn't help or fix anything was you taking Tobi's own posting of an OoC message (that may or may not be fake), that we had in private already been telling him off for, and using it to justify your hatred for change. (We being RadiantNexus)

In other words: You have no room to talk, given that this is far from your only speech in a similar manner that day.
Screenshot_20240425_151410_YouTube.png

You're allowed to have your opinions of people, but this goes beyond just not liking people and into being the worst possible embodiment of the group of people hesitant about the New Guard's capability to do things, because beyond just sheer skepticism, you are outright hostile to a point that ought to embarrass others in that camp.

Last edited:
You know, that makes me want to point out that while he does raise a good amount of valid points in his videos, I don't like his tendency to be toxic towards the New Guard (Or in his terms, "Nu-Sonic Team Jr.") and it feels unfair to me. Of course, there are times where a decision made isn't the brightest (The old unlock requirements for Online and Addons in DRRR being an example), but that doesn't mean you should trash on them like they've done something way worse. I even pointed out his toxicity in a comment I made on one of his videos.

As for Ring Racers, the tutorial being lengthy is the only thing I'm not a fan of. Aside from that, I enjoyed it, I liked the charm put into it (Especially with Tails and Eggman working together of all things). I did have a little trouble with the Tricks segment, but I managed to get through it. I also found the fact that you have to unlock the ability to play online and load addons to be quite frustrating, but hey, at least they made them easy to unlock which gets rid of that feeling.

You know, that makes me want to point out that while he does raise a good amount of valid points in his videos, I don't like his tendency to be toxic towards the New Guard (Or in his terms, "Nu-Sonic Team Jr.") and it feels unfair to me. Of course, there are times where a decision made isn't the brightest (The old unlock requirements for Online and Addons in DRRR being an example), but that doesn't mean you should trash on them like they've done something way worse. I even pointed out his toxicity in a comment I made on one of his videos.

As for Ring Racers, the tutorial being lengthy is the only thing I'm not a fan of. Aside from that, I enjoyed it, I liked the charm put into it (Especially with Tails and Eggman working together of all things). I did have a little trouble with the Tricks segment, but I managed to get through it. I also found the fact that you have to unlock the ability to play online and load addons to be quite frustrating, but hey, at least they made them easy to unlock which gets rid of that feeling.
Yea, I can definitely understand some skepticism in general! There have been cases of mistakes, with DRRR being a notable example with it's tutorial, but that's natural given it's a dev team of humans, not robots, and my time away from the community allowed me to better understand why certain people may be hesitant to just accept the radical alterations of 2.3.

However, I also will still defend the general ideas with 2.3, and believe that DRRR, discounting the tutorial, is a good example of why this is justified, since the only real actual game design issue I found with the core game is just the Insta-Whip being useless due to it requiring you to have no items and no rings. This, however, is something you can easily rectify! This is the sort of thing I've grown to be well-familiar with during my (now over) time as lead designer for Sonic 1: South Island Definitive, and I believe that 2.3, despite being so different from 2.2, is likely to prove different in ways that enhance the game itself in it's efforts to be a SONIC game. However, we can only find out in due time, and I'm accepting of critique as a fan who also wants these things to go well.

I am, however, not accepting of toxicity. Toxicity does nothing but makes things worse for everyone.

P.S, btw: DRRR is far from failing. I've seen it spread like absolute wildfire in regards to people playing it. Anyone who says it is focuses too much on negativity.

Anyways, unless SandwichFace decides he wants to do something to dig his own grave, we should probably move onto the thread topic, aka:
It is not abandoned. The former dev team will be taking over.
Hysteria about Glaber's ban is unwarranted, since it was a relatively minor offense stemming from a breakdown he regrets.

For anyone wondering why Glaber was banned, it was because he acted very rudely towards Kart Krew because of how frustrated he was with
Ring Racers' tutorial.
That feels like a bit of an overreaction. I haven't played DRRR, but I've seen a video of the tutorial. Yeah, it's long, but it's not meant to be a struggle, especially when it was made by Kart Krew, who should be very well respected in this community due to making a fan game equally as brilliant as it's source game, THEN making a sequel that could be better than the original.

I have nothing but praise for Kart Krew, despite me not being able to play Kart or Ring Racers. I'm a mobile user, and afaik, there's no way of playing either kart racer on a mobile device. It makes sense, though, as SRB2 itself is no longer officially supported for mobile devices.

And I ask you: why do you think this is a valid response? All it makes it look like is that you hate people who don't just conform to your wishes and, god forbid, criticize you.

I personally agree to the fact that the original tutorial was indeed too long and that certain unlock criteria were not in the best light, but 2.1 rectified these concerns in large part by making the race to skip the tutorial no longer super hard and by tuning down the requirements for Online Play and Add-ons. This, imo, fixed in large part my main issue with the game, and I've been enjoying it, despite being having never played SRB2Kart.

What didn't help or fix anything was you taking Tobi's own posting of an OoC message (that may or may not be fake), that we had in private already been telling him off for, and using it to justify your hatred for change. (We being RadiantNexus)

In other words: You have no room to talk, given that this is far from your only speech in a similar manner that day.

You're allowed to have your opinions of people, but this goes beyond just not liking people and into being the worst possible embodiment of the group of people hesitant about the New Guard's capability to do things, because beyond just sheer skepticism, you are outright hostile to a point that ought to embarrass others in that camp.
We found out the post in question was fake after some investigation in my server and I deleted the post because it was misinformation.
I really can't help you with anything else.

Pretty sure this was confirmed to have been faked by somebody in the Kart Krew discord.

Pretty sure this was confirmed to have been faked by somebody in the Kart Krew discord.
Yep, and sandwichface also deleted that community post when he realized it
The image itself:
1714626046345.png

Even if her statement is fake, SandwichFace did, in fact, not delete it when he was told it was fake.
Edit: I see his response. It is possible this happened later.

Again.
Drop it before mods forcefully steer this conversation back on course.
As I said, we no longer need to discuss this topic, and all we're doing is making the chances this thread outright gets locked higher and higher.

Last edited:
Back