Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic doesn't come to a complete stop after going off a spring and not holding a direction.

...Did SEGA actually learn something from complains about 4 other than "ARG GREEN EYES"?
I'll keep my eye on this.

Sonic 4 just as you imagined it...

My mind exploded, too much nostalgia...

Shut-up-and-take-my-money-300x187.jpg

EDIT: Oh, and...

10sc2ue.png

holyshitthisisawesome.jpg

EDIT 2: Sorry... was this posted yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmN0Z6GAfj0&feature=player_embedded

Green Hill released again for the 50th time, how original, altrough if they end up mixing the 3 original zones, I'm sure many people will get a nostagiagasm... Including me.

Mixing Green Hill, Emerald Hill and Angel Island Zone (As probably seen on the trailer) would be an excelent touch from Sonic Team, but knowing how different the trailer from the final product tends to be with Sonic, I'll just wait.

Modern Sonic's levels look boring as all get out... But Classic Sonic looks promising. Lucky for me my brother has an XBOX360, so I'm definitely getting this. I don't suppose a release date has been... Umm... Released?

Hmm, this was pretty much what I was expecting, I've got to say. I'm a little bummed that Classic and Modern aren't alternate skins/costumes like I was hoping for. I guess it would be kind of weird having Classic boosting everywhere, and Classic grinding on rails everywhere would just be... yeeeeeah. The 3D sections seem a bit empty, so that's a bit worrying, but I like how they expanded out Green Hill, like the cave section.

And... wait, hold up... was that... momentum?

(in before Inuyasha complains the shit out of this game :V)

but I like how they expanded out Green Hill, like the cave section.

Hmmm, I've seen comments like this on youtube, it seems people havn't realized that this trailer is actually Green Hill, Emerald Hill and Angel Island, all at once.

I noticed that when Sonic went into the tunnel in classic style sonic, he suddenly gained a whole bunch of momentum...
also this part looked a little weird. No, I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out some things that I thought seemed different than the original trilogy's physics. I definitely want to play this...

Classic Sonic levels win. New Sonic levels are Unleashed/Colors wannabes. I wish SEGA would go back to Adventure 2-style level design, instead of just curves and square platforms...

Why are both of those CG Renders strangely like some other 2D Artwork?

EDIT: I can't find the one of Modern Sonic, but there was 2D artwork in that exact same pose.

Thats the intention, Virt.

OH LOOK INTERVIEW

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/04/sonic-generations-previews-and-interview-with-iizuka/

-IGN give the impression that this game embraces the classic Sonic games better than Sonic 4: Episode 1 did.
- Takashi Iizuka responds to IGN’s criticism of Sonic 4: Episode 1 and says this game will have different physics to that game...

If this is true, I will take back half the shit I said about Generations in IRC. Modern Sonic can go ahead and keep the other half, though.

I'm really surprised people haven't complained about the insta spindash while moving and the sudden boost when going off a quarter pipe. :\

I'm really surprised people haven't complained about the insta spindash while moving and the sudden boost when going off a quarter pipe. :\

I remember doing Quickspins easily in the Genesis games. Just tapping the button once was enough to get going. Yeah, Fat Sonic didn't really stop to spindash, but its probably mapped to its own separate button and can be done if you're walking slowly enough. As for the sudden QP boosts, I have yet to see them.

>Retro Sonic doesn't have homing attack.

Guys... Do you know what this means?

This means Retro Sonic gets to use Elemental Shields in the Sonic 3 levels.

>Retro Sonic doesn't have homing attack.

Guys... Do you know what this means?

This means Retro Sonic gets to use Elemental Shields in the Sonic 3 levels.

“meaning the spin dash and spin attack for classic Sonic and the homing attack and sonic boost for modern Sonic.”

I'm not sure what they really mean by Spin Attack, but I dunno if he'll have shield powers. They're probably aiming for a Sonic 2 feel.

I remember doing Quickspins easily in the Genesis games. Just tapping the button once was enough to get going. Yeah, Fat Sonic didn't really stop to spindash, but its probably mapped to its own separate button and can be done if you're walking slowly enough. As for the sudden QP boosts, I have yet to see them.

The first gameplay video had a quarter pipe at the start. As soon as he reaches the tip, he's launched into the sky even though he's going a slow speed.

Why are both of those CG Renders strangely like some other 2D Artwork?

EDIT: I can't find the one of Modern Sonic, but there was 2D artwork in that exact same pose.

While it's just nitpicking, I'm sad that they used Classic Sonic's brow from the Sonic 1 boxart rather than following Oshima's original character sheets and doodles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back