Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic Team's obsessed with the Sonic Unleashed model, gee, it's the fourth game in a row with the exact same design, also the fourth 2-words name game.

I say Sonic Adventure 2's Sonic with the grind shoes had a better look, same goes for Sonic 2006's Gem Shoes, wich people didn't care much about.

Well, the problem with the SA2 shoes is that they'd need to re-get permits from SOAP shoes. Which is a shame because, if nothing else, those shoes looked kick ass.

Sonic Team's obsessed with the Sonic Unleashed model, gee, it's the fourth game in a row with the exact same design, also the fourth 2-words name game.

I say Sonic Adventure 2's Sonic with the grind shoes had a better look, same goes for Sonic 2006's Gem Shoes, wich people didn't care much about.

Sonic in high heeled shoes specifically made for grinding? No thanks. That was one of the worst models we got, second to '06. Unless anyone wants to bring up that absolutely dreadful Sonic 3D Blast UK cover.... Ugh.

I don't know about you guys, but that Retro Sonic model is probably the best one I've ever seen. It still gives me the chills every time I watch the trailer. They quite simply did their work for once. And it paid off. This is my favourite Sonic model to come out for forever.

Interesting Sega wants to know how many people like this version or that version.
Why so? I know a BUNCH of people that prefer the modern Sonic! Actually, all of the friends I know that play/ed Sonic games and seen the old one prefer the modern. Now I'm not gonna say the reasons they said, 'cause that'll start a stupid arguement. I like the modern Sonic better than the old one as well.

I never played unleashed-- I tried to stay away from the newer 3D games D:

The SA2(B) was pretty good though.

Because when has Sega cared enough about how Sonic looked? I think this (like how Sega did the level poll, which could involve Generations) could be more than it looks, like maybe Sega is actually wondering how many people would want Classic Sonic to stay for more games then just Generations. :D

But hey, It's just baseless speculation, something completely normal for a Sonic game thread.

EVERYONE who owns a console knows about Sonic in my school. If I bring it up(Today we had MCA testing and I wrote a paper on Sonic's influence), they instantly remember the days of the Dreamcast, and how they loved Sonic Adventure and the Madden games on it.

Sonic didn't die off all the way yet, and even if he did he still left his mark on people.
Wow, your lucky. About 99 out of 100 people in my school say it's ridiculous and it's not good because it has no blood, guns, and gore.

Last edited:
Nearly my entire jr. high school talks about nothing but Call of Duty, while once in a blue moon someone mentions Halo.

My school sucks.

Yeah, because Call of Duty is a more fitting game for one's general likes and preferences. And despite the shitload of mistakes, it's addictive.

Yeah, because Call of Duty is a more fitting game for one's general likes and preferences. And despite the shitload of mistakes, it's addictive.

Meh, I never played CoD. *Waits for insults...*

Anyway, it's nice to see the classic Sonic come back in a messed up 3-D era. =/

Wow, your lucky. About 99 out of 100 people in my school say it's ridiculous and it's not good because it has no blood, guns, and gore.

That's the appeal factor. As our speech instructers say to us when we make a speech: "Input as many sexual and racial innuendos into the speech, people like a speech more when there's 'naughty' factor to it". This hasn't failed us as we're in the top 10 for state.

CoD is popular not because of the multiplayer only, but because the single player includes a lot of gore and blood, much more then multiplayer and real life.

But yeah, that facebook poll Sonic 2 talked about earlier was disturbing. Did they actually release that trailer just so people could decide what Sonic model was in the game? Or was it as big as a gameplay and storyline change too? Why not include both if that's the case?

It'll be interesting if Sonic Team will have both 3D remakes and the original 2D version. I find this debate between the two Sonics pretty silly. I can understand why Classic Sonic would be there, to provide a nostalgia purpose for the classic levels, but replacing Modern Sonic with Classic Sonic completely? That will never happen.
Also, this is just a personal question. Why do the "Classic Fans" believe Classic Sonic is a better design? The whole "It symbolises the good Sonic days" isn't the answer I'm looking for. I'm focusing more of the actual design. How is Classic Sonic better? Do eyes really matter that much?

Another reason CoD is popular is the fact it's different every time. That's why when you play games like HL2 over and over again, it's boring; yet when you play Tf2 or something, the opponents are different and you're constantly adapting. You're practically playing a different game each time you go on a server. The Sonic franchise on the other hand, is usually Single Player games and they doesn't focus on online multiplayer, so it's hard to keep things interesting without it being, um, "gimmicky".

But yeah, that facebook poll Sonic 2 talked about earlier was disturbing. Did they actually release that trailer just so people could decide what Sonic model was in the game? Or was it as big as a gameplay and storyline change too? Why not include both if that's the case?

Maybe they're wanting to see which is more well liked so they'll know what more to give us in the future? I mean, "Sonic Generations" always had Retro Sonic if the trailer is any indication, but the poll is to determine who we really love the most.

I'm glad to see old Nike Smiler getting a good what's for in the poll, regardless if the game is good or not, either way. For SEGA to see which is more aesthetically pleasing (please rid of that anime human in a mascot costume you've had for over a decade already) is the icing on this cake my group is eating. After Sonic 4, this is pleasing to see. Now let's hope the three years in development gives us an incredible game. This time, they don't have a Werehog, a sword, the power of teamwork, or monsters and they've been working on this title for 3 YEARS. How can I not expect the best out of this game?

Because my feelings for the franchise are getting in the way of course, obviously. If I was to think about this realistically, even with the development time, this is still Sega. However, this also isn't Dimps developing the game (I hope!). The trailer was incredibly vague to begin with with possible hints at the anniversary to come but we just don't know. I mean, the lack of a developer logo is beyond vague. Unless, it really is another studio working on the game and it just so happens to be Artoon. No one I hope has forgotten that eventful beer induced meetup with Iizuka, Naka, and Oshima, right? Of course, this is speculation, but the sudden (though admittedly already known appearance) of classic Sonic seems to fuel the idea that Oshima and Naka just might be involved.

I was reading some reviews about Sonic Colors on Amazon.com:

D. Bonilla says:
My 7 year old wants this.. do you think this game is easy to play? He doesn't do well with the controllers and such yet?? What game would you compare this gameplay to? thanks..

V. S. Romero says:
I have a 9-year-old sister who isn't the best with controllers. In truth, she struggles with Kirby's Epic Yarn (a fairly easy game). I personally wouldn't recommend this to your son, as even I have sometimes trouble adjusting. He may just become frustrated.

Mommy says:
I have a 6 year old who is better than I am on the New Super Mario Brothers game and we are looking to get him a game for Christmas. Would you recommend this game? We have never played Sonic Unleashed, is it better, the same or not as good as this one? Any recommendations would be great. Thanks!
By chance, Wouldn't I be the only one who thinks advanced Sonic games are designed only for kids? Because I either feel so unfit or a retard every damn time I watch a playthrough or video review of these stuff, specially when we have an arrogant character who thinks he's a cool hero which I can't stand so much (this means I don't have much to say besides what SSN and Mystic have already said).

Yesterday I finished watching a complete playthrough of Donkey Kong Country Returns (16 videos), it's really worth watching, there are some scenes that made me jaw-drop [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] and [6]. It's a game that has an appealing audio-visual effects without being so shallow and futile... If I had a Wii, I had already bought it, surely.

You know when Sega will make a Sonic game right? When they stop adding external influences and start creating their own damn Sonic game from original concept.

About 99 out of 100 people in my school say it's ridiculous and it's not good because it has no blood, guns, and gore.

Just for some lulz.

EDIT:

Links [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] and [6] added.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back