Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not it either. The spin attack was when you rolled while running. While they're basically the same move, one is called "super sonic spin dash" while the other is just called the spin attack in the old genesis manuals.

If every stage will have both Modern and Classic areas and they come from varying parts of Sonic history; will that mean a Classic styled Eggmanland will appear?

That's not it either. The spin attack was when you rolled while running. While, they're basically the same move, one is called "super sonic spin dash" while the other is just called the spin attack in the old genesis manuals.

Oh... Well, I still miss the double jump flash(?) attack from Sonic 3, and I hope to see that again someday.

Excellent! This game will be a mix of Unleashed Style and Sonic 4 Style, this time done right. And even better, unlike the prequels to the game, this will actually include Shadow, Knuckles, and more! (But no multiplayer :/)

I really hope they do this right, I know, perhaps too well how hard it is to get 2 totally different styles of the same franchise to work, and what happens when it isn't done right... For the first time in years, I'm excited to see what comes up from a Sonic game.

Also: "Sonic Generations doesn't only focus on the classical events of the character, neither on the latest changes, but in it's history as a whole" Yeah sure, since you're totally not using the exact same style that was implemented the past year, and not playing on the first stage of the series' history, and are paying so much attention to the "other" eras.

If they really, really have to put Shadow in (seriously, what), they better bring back the Colors writers. Then again, I don't know if even they could end up making him bearable.

Surprised, though. I thought Shadow had basically become the Waluigi of the series, the guy who only shows up for the spin-offs and such.

The 3D sections look like a step BACK from Sonic Colors. I have a feeling there will be a lot of hate for the "Spam boost and hold forward" 3D sections. At least Sonic Colors changed it up by putting those Wisp powers. (Oh, and Sonic Colors was mostly 2D)

Hmmm, I've seen comments like this on youtube, it seems people havn't realized that this trailer is actually Green Hill, Emerald Hill and Angel Island, all at once.

That's because it isn't Green Hill, Emerald Hill, and Angel Island all at once.

It's just Green Hill.

There are certain elements that are from Emerald Hill obviously, such as the corkscrew, which is what he's meaning. The Green Hill evel is a combination of level design between Green Hill, Emerald Hill and Angel Island.

T The Green Hill evel is a combination of level design between Green Hill, Emerald Hill and Angel Island.

At least on the trailer, it either means that Sonic will have a level mixup or that he will go trough these 3 zones as the game goes on, knowing SEGA this much, I can imagine they'll go for the second option.

Remember guys, it's still a teaser. CGI footage doesn't completely guarantee that it will be included in the final game.

EDIT: LOL OOPS DIDN'T SEE PREVIOUS POSTS.

Well, it looks pretty damn sweet in my opinion. I liked Sonic Unleashed and, of course, the old games. This just seems perfect for me. :>

[12:49] <~Inuyasha> http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p3/s/o/sonic-generations-playstation-3-ps3-1303141917-005.jpg
[12:49] <~Inuyasha> If I hear zero cries of "REHASH"
[12:49] <~Inuyasha> I'm crying foul
[12:49] <~Inuyasha> and I'm just going to tell the collective Sonic community to go fuck itselves

"Modern" Sonic looks just as stupid and boring as before, unsurprisingly.

"Classic" Sonic might be good if they don't take a SFR-like approach to it. Hopefully they didn't get it in their heads from all the people gushing over that stupid remix that something designed along those hideous lines is actually good.

I believe Classic and Modern Sonic are the only playable characters. The others are just going to be a part of the story. Hopefully they might add some other classic characters as well. Also levels are going to come from the 3 eras: the originals, Dreamcast, and the current modern era. Hopefully the modern era will only include levels from Unleashed and Colors. I sure do hope we get Ice Cap remake.

犬夜叉;705643 said:
[12:49] <~Inuyasha> http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p3/s/o/sonic-generations-playstation-3-ps3-1303141917-005.jpg
[12:49] <~Inuyasha> If I hear zero cries of "REHASH"
[12:49] <~Inuyasha> I'm crying foul
[12:49] <~Inuyasha> and I'm just going to tell the collective Sonic community to go fuck itselves

"Modern" Sonic looks just as stupid and boring as before, unsurprisingly.

"Classic" Sonic might be good if they don't take a SFR-like approach to it. Hopefully they didn't get it in their heads from all the people gushing over that stupid remix that something designed along those hideous lines is actually good.

Dear god, is that what it looks like? It looks like sonic colors style graphics!

Delicious, isn't it, Inyuasha? We get a good game and you're the one bitching now.

I can give a shit if this is rehashing old levels. The Retro portion looks like it plays like the games it was based off of unlike a certain sequel.

You're mad, bro.

images

Please? I mean... we're getting a good game. Something people like me helped achieve. Stop raining on the parade, Debbie Downer.

I believe Classic and Modern Sonic are the only playable characters. The others are just going to be a part of the story. Hopefully they might add some other classic characters as well. Also levels are going to come from the 3 eras: the originals, Dreamcast, and the current modern era. Hopefully the modern era will only include levels from Unleashed and Colors. I sure do hope we get Ice Cap remake.

I dunno, that one City level in 06 actually looked like it could have been fun (but of course, its 06). I'm actually hoping for Aquatic Ruin, City Escape, and Hang Castle.

Delicious, isn't it, Inyuasha? We get a good game and you're the one bitching now.
The game isn't out yet. How is it good? It's not even DONE. Clearly this means that Duke Nukem Forever is the best game ever made. After all, I haven't played the final version of it; it has to be. While you're free to speculate as to whether or not this will be a good game or not and discuss the previews that we have been given, it's impossible for you or anyone else to know how it's going to turn out in the end, so stop stating this shit as fact.

I can give a shit if this is rehashing old levels. The Retro portion looks like it plays like the games it was based off of unlike a certain sequel.
Cool! This is the only appropriate part of your post. Try posting like this in the future.

You're mad, bro.

images
Yes, let's turn this topic into flaming and lunacy. Any more of this and I'll show you to the door.

Please? I mean... we're getting a good game. Something people like me helped achieve.
This is single-handedly the most arrogant thing I think I have ever seen posted onto these forums. You had absolutely nothing to do with this game that we have not seen the quality of first-hand, and trying to take the credit for if SEGA somehow manages to make a good game is completely offensive.

Stop raining on the parade, Debbie Downer.
Sure, I'll rain on the parade. Of the last decade of the Sonic franchise, of the massive amount of Sonic games released in that period, two of them have gotten significant critical praise. This is a really bad metric for the odds that this game will be any good. That doesn't mean it is going to be bad, but it means you shouldn't get your hopes up from pretty pictures.

This thread is for the CIVIL discussion of the previews of Sonic Generations and eventually for the final copy of it. It is NOT for you to post horrifically offensive flamebait aimed at the other members of the forums, and if you or any of the rest of these forums continue with this tone of discussion you will simply be banned.

You know.. Not taking sides or anything, but people seem to push their own opinions like it's perfectly right and all. It's just a damned opinion. No wonder I left this place.. I support GTF when I says this, but why put down a game when you've only seen just screenshots and trailers of it? Just give it a chance when it comes out. Don't like after you play it? Well you just don't like it. You like it? Simple enough. But Ranting over something that you haven't even given a chance is just stupid.

That's like taking Mario and putting him in Blue and Red clothes and put Sonic's shoes on him and saying "It's totally not Mario, It's clearly Sonic, look at the shoes, N00b."

Then again... I can tell who is like this... I'm not a damned retard.

Edit: I say the same idea basically that you said in your last sentence Mystic.

0.0 Anyways... Yeah, from what I've seen so far, it seems like the only playable characters'll be the "Old" and "New" Sonic, no Multiplayer, Shadow and others will make a comeback, the game will be divided on 3 eras, and one half will be 2D only and the other will be 2D plus 3D.

As for the skills, I can imagine old Sonic gets the Spindash and Jump Attack, while the new one gets (Ring Energy) Boost and Homing Attack.

All these could turn out to be extreamly good or horribly bad, only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back