Sonic Adventure Genisys

Sonic Adventure Genisys 2021-04-10

Rogerregorroger

Animator
✨ Collaborator ✨
Rogerregorroger submitted a new resource:

Sonic Adventure Genisys - Knuckles travels back in time to stop a Sonic Adventure reboot.

So every year for April fools, I let my fans send in requests and I'll do a bunch of them, usually in the form of a cartoon or a QnA. However since I started modding SRB2 since last year, I got a few SRB2 requests this time. Enter Sonic Adventure Genisys, a monstrous collection of several requests i got in one mad package.

View attachment 41721

Rumors of a Sonic Adventure remake or floating around in the Sega offices and Tails created a Knuckles Terminator robot to be send back in time...

Read more about this resource...

Better than the actual movie heh.

Well, ain't that a big standard to beat? lol
Post automatically merged:

Really enjoyed this surprise. Very nice.

I spotted one visual error In the Development Room, the monitor with Sonic 3 & Knuckles on it seems to have transparency on it, making what's behind the monitor visible. Also, this was something I noticed with previous levels, but Big changes directions when you view him from the other side. A mirrored version of his sprites for the other end would keep him facing the right way.

Last edited:
He said Muscles, yeah, altough him referring to himself would have been funnier in hindsight.
Observe the incredible Knuckles!
Oh well.

I don't have a particular objections to any hypothetical Sonic Adventure remakes in general.
Everything I might be concerned about with them screwing up a Sonic Adventure remake is an equally valid concern they'll screw up any other type of game they might attempt. My concerns are entirely on Sonic Team and their abilities, rather then what specific flavor of game they're making.

Either way, don't take this gamepack too seriously when it comes to critism. For the most part I'm just furfilling requests and making things fit into the Terminator plot rather then making any kind of big statement. So no, I don't think Sonic Boom ruined Sonic or anything like that, it just made sense to make Boom derail Knuckles' plan because of his obsession with being muscular. Not to mention Knuckles Vs. Boom Knuckles was one of the requests I received. Just puzzle pieces falling into place rather then a grand statement.

Granted, level 5 is a highlight reel of everything I dislike about the past decade of Sonic games and level 6 is what the series feels like at this point, disjointed out of control ideas trapped in a corporate mandate maze. But that's more the state of things in general rather then any kind of pro/ anti Classic/Adventure/ Boom/ Modern thing. Every incarnation of Sonic is trapped in the same maze.

Last edited:
wait, so someone finally shares my opinion that Sonic Adventure Remakes are a bad idea?
I also agree (as much as I agree that Terminator stopped with 2 and everything after is just a fever dream).
I don't have a particular objections to any hypothetical Sonic Adventure remakes in general.
Everything I might be concerned about with them screwing up a Sonic Adventure remake is an equally valid concern they'll screw up any other type of game they might attempt. My concerns are entirely on Sonic Team and their abilities, rather then what specific flavor of game they're making.

Either way, don't take this gamepack too seriously when it comes to critism. For the most part I'm just furfilling requests and making things fit into the Terminator plot rather then making any kind of big statement. So no, I don't think Sonic Boom ruined Sonic or anything like that, it just made sense to make Boom derail Knuckles' plan because of his obsession with being muscular. Not to mention Knuckles Vs. Boom Knuckles was one of the requests I received. Just puzzle pieces falling into place rather then a grand statement.

Granted, level 5 is a highlight reel of everything I dislike about the past decade of Sonic games and level 6 is what the series feels like at this point, disjointed out of control ideas trapped in a corporate mandate maze. But that's more the state of things in general rather then any kind of pro/ anti Classic/Adventure/ Boom/ Modern thing. Every incarnation of Sonic is trapped in the same maze.
I also agree that Sega isn't able to pull a FF7R and that they shouldn't waste their time and money on that remake (because let's be honest, Sonic Adventure doesn't even deserve one to begin with because the problems are beyond the janky camera and controls).

I'd rather have a modern port of Colors and Generations then an actual mobile remaster of S3&K over them.

I love this mod but... how do I get up here? I'm stuck.
(Wee noises)
srb20088.gif

It should be reachable.
I pull it off in my video here:

But yeah, there are some mistakes, particularly the springs in the final stage.
Should probably make an update soon, even tough I wasn't really planning too.
Could make that jump easier too, stage 5 is probably annoying enough without precision jumping.

Last edited:
This Mod is cool, I like so much the Sonic Adventure stages and the Mickey Mouse reference! Good job Roger!

It should be reachable.
I pull it off in my video here:

But yeah, there are some mistakes, particularly the springs in the final stage.
Should probably make an update soon, even tough I wasn't really planning too.
Could make that jump easier too, stage 5 is probably annoying enough without precision jumping.

I made the jump just fine, but if you place a Wind or Lightning Shield there, it would make the jump easier, and it would require no realignments. Not sure which springs you mean.

Rogerregorroger updated Sonic Adventure Genisys with a new update entry:

Seperate from birth

Update. Arknux and the levle pack are now seperate, so unleash Arknux in your other favorite maps, now with NiGHTS sprites.
Make other characters go trough Sonic Adventure Genisys.
Including several other updates including emblems, minor fixes, new NPC's to make Station Square feel less deserted and some level modifications to make them playable for non-Knuckles characters.
(Warning, Level 5 is still a nightmare to play without a flying or climbing type)

I changed the save file, because the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I like how you based Windy Valley off of the prototype version of the level. I assume that's because it takes place when the game is still in development?

Back