Sol Sestancia 2

[Open Assets] Sol Sestancia 2 1.8

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
but he has no shirt and pants look at my scout Sonic
Post automatically merged:
Dunno, it's confusing when a seperate character looks a little too much like a main character.
 

Attachments

  • sigh.png
    sigh.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 81
Dunno, it's confusing when a seperate character looks a little too much like a main character.
THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! it looks great for the cameo character
Post automatically merged:

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! it looks great for the cameo character
to save your time i made my icon by myself (voicelines later)
Post automatically merged:

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! it looks great for the cameo character
Post automatically merged:


to save your time i made my icon by myself (voicelines later)
my voiceline transcript:
"man, eggman is a president of the city?, That's no good, hey you, you gotta stop it before everyone gets mind controlled by the eggman and his mind controlling juice,or something i don't know"
 

Attachments

  • Untitled12_20260621234415.png
    Untitled12_20260621234415.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
i forgot to mention the voice actor of scout sonic is ME
Yeah, you mentioned that.
I'll keep it in mind.
If he's given lines, it's not "hello player I am character" tough, I prefer characters play a part rather then just straight up break the 4th wall. ^^;
We'll see what I'll do.
 
Yeah, you mentioned that.
I'll keep it in mind.
If he's given lines, it's not "hello player I am character" tough, I prefer characters play a part rather then just straight up break the 4th wall. ^^;
We'll see what I'll do.
okay i will change the voice transcript
Post automatically merged:

my new voiceline transcript:
"man, eggman is a president of the city?, That's no good you gotta stop it before everyone gets mind controlled by the eggman and his mind controlling juice"
i changed the transcript now
 
Last edited:
Right, sure.
Upload your line on a googledrive or something and tell me in a DM, or I'll give you my email in a DM.
 
Some images, I guess
srb20010.png

Working on they computer
srb20012.png

I never really appreciated how good the art is in the city. I know it's just some copy pasted buildings, but DAMN. I feel like if we accidentally time travelled Roger to 2006 then he instantly would've become a animator or at least a background artist for some show like Invader Zim or any other 2000s show like that.
srb20013.png

Work.
srb20014.png

Why is there a microwave here?
srb20015.png
Yet again, stunning background work, Roger. This entire mod feels like that, actually. If not for the Sonic GUI, I could've mistaken this for an early 2000s game or a 2010s flash game parodying a early 2000s game.
srb20017.png

Hahahahahahahahahaflowers.
srb20018.png

CANNONBALL!!
srb20020.png

Showering.
srb20021.png
I can't believe it! He's done it again! The perfect.. pissing.. simulation. Actually, I'm going to pass on this one.
Also, no toilets, so it still wouldn't work.
srb20022.png

Uh. Is this some weird portal or geometry fuckery or is this ACTUALLY that place in game? Because if it is.. then wow. That'd be so cool!
Post automatically merged:

Some images, I guess
srb20010.png

Working on they computer
srb20012.png

I never really appreciated how good the art is in the city. I know it's just some copy pasted buildings, but DAMN. I feel like if we accidentally time travelled Roger to 2006 then he instantly would've become a animator or at least a background artist for some show like Invader Zim or any other 2000s show like that.
srb20013.png

Work.
srb20014.png

Why is there a microwave here?
srb20015.png
Yet again, stunning background work, Roger. This entire mod feels like that, actually. If not for the Sonic GUI, I could've mistaken this for an early 2000s game or a 2010s flash game parodying a early 2000s game.
srb20017.png

Hahahahahahahahahaflowers.
srb20018.png

CANNONBALL!!
srb20020.png

Showering.
srb20021.png
I can't believe it! He's done it again! The perfect.. pissing.. simulation. Actually, I'm going to pass on this one.
Also, no toilets, so it still wouldn't work.
srb20022.png

Uh. Is this some weird portal or geometry fuckery or is this ACTUALLY that place in game? Because if it is.. then wow. That'd be so cool!
Okay so apparently there's a image limit. So uh, continuing!
srb20024.png

This. This is another great background! It really makes the place feel alive.. but also.. HOW BIG IS ROYAL PALACE?! THIS BACKGROUND LOOKS BIGGER THAN UPTOWN. IT SCROLLS SLOWER THAN UPTOWN. WHAT. WHAT.
srb20025.png

Yet another good view. You know what, I've yet to see fanart of any of the Sol Sestancia 2 areas. Most likely because A. SS2 aint that popular, and B. No one draws backgrounds anymore.
srb20026.png

Uh.. bug report. No walls visible here. Is this intentional?
srb20027.png

How'd it turn day so quick? (Don't answer this, I know it's just classic 'Video Game Time is Faster Than Real World Time'.)
srb20028.png

Ummm.. Why is there a great unending desert in Knothole. What's down there? Hello?
Post automatically merged:

Some images, I guess
srb20010.png

Working on they computer
srb20012.png

I never really appreciated how good the art is in the city. I know it's just some copy pasted buildings, but DAMN. I feel like if we accidentally time travelled Roger to 2006 then he instantly would've become a animator or at least a background artist for some show like Invader Zim or any other 2000s show like that.
srb20013.png

Work.
srb20014.png

Why is there a microwave here?
srb20015.png
Yet again, stunning background work, Roger. This entire mod feels like that, actually. If not for the Sonic GUI, I could've mistaken this for an early 2000s game or a 2010s flash game parodying a early 2000s game.
srb20017.png

Hahahahahahahahahaflowers.
srb20018.png

CANNONBALL!!
srb20020.png

Showering.
srb20021.png
I can't believe it! He's done it again! The perfect.. pissing.. simulation. Actually, I'm going to pass on this one.
Also, no toilets, so it still wouldn't work.
srb20022.png

Uh. Is this some weird portal or geometry fuckery or is this ACTUALLY that place in game? Because if it is.. then wow. That'd be so cool!
Post automatically merged:


Okay so apparently there's a image limit. So uh, continuing!
srb20024.png

This. This is another great background! It really makes the place feel alive.. but also.. HOW BIG IS ROYAL PALACE?! THIS BACKGROUND LOOKS BIGGER THAN UPTOWN. IT SCROLLS SLOWER THAN UPTOWN. WHAT. WHAT.
srb20025.png

Yet another good view. You know what, I've yet to see fanart of any of the Sol Sestancia 2 areas. Most likely because A. SS2 aint that popular, and B. No one draws backgrounds anymore.
srb20026.png

Uh.. bug report. No walls visible here. Is this intentional?
srb20027.png

How'd it turn day so quick? (Don't answer this, I know it's just classic 'Video Game Time is Faster Than Real World Time'.)
srb20028.png

Ummm.. Why is there a great unending desert in Knothole. What's down there? Hello?
srb20029.png

Yet again, another great environment. Although it isn't entirely comic accurate, seeing as how Archie Knothole probably had less elevation..
srb20030.png

Gaming.
srb20031.png

Hey! It's Chef Palm Tree!
srb20033.png

Gotta say, this skybox is legitimately the best thing about Great Forest Wall. Actually.
srb20034.png

3 Layered Walls.
srb20035.png

I have a feeling that the pixel art in this skybox isn't original..
srb20036.png

And here we are in Robotropolis! This level always ACTUALLY felt smelly to me. I've been allergic to a lot of things my whole life, so my brain is just primed to feel this stuff. The colors make it feel a lot like an actual city!
srb20038.png

Another great view.
srb20039.png

I kinda ran out of things to say. I Screenshotted these last night, okay?
srb20040.png

[Trash Heap]
Post automatically merged:

Some images, I guess
srb20010.png

Working on they computer
srb20012.png

I never really appreciated how good the art is in the city. I know it's just some copy pasted buildings, but DAMN. I feel like if we accidentally time travelled Roger to 2006 then he instantly would've become a animator or at least a background artist for some show like Invader Zim or any other 2000s show like that.
srb20013.png

Work.
srb20014.png

Why is there a microwave here?
srb20015.png
Yet again, stunning background work, Roger. This entire mod feels like that, actually. If not for the Sonic GUI, I could've mistaken this for an early 2000s game or a 2010s flash game parodying a early 2000s game.
srb20017.png

Hahahahahahahahahaflowers.
srb20018.png

CANNONBALL!!
srb20020.png

Showering.
srb20021.png
I can't believe it! He's done it again! The perfect.. pissing.. simulation. Actually, I'm going to pass on this one.
Also, no toilets, so it still wouldn't work.
srb20022.png

Uh. Is this some weird portal or geometry fuckery or is this ACTUALLY that place in game? Because if it is.. then wow. That'd be so cool!
Post automatically merged:


Okay so apparently there's a image limit. So uh, continuing!
srb20024.png

This. This is another great background! It really makes the place feel alive.. but also.. HOW BIG IS ROYAL PALACE?! THIS BACKGROUND LOOKS BIGGER THAN UPTOWN. IT SCROLLS SLOWER THAN UPTOWN. WHAT. WHAT.
srb20025.png

Yet another good view. You know what, I've yet to see fanart of any of the Sol Sestancia 2 areas. Most likely because A. SS2 aint that popular, and B. No one draws backgrounds anymore.
srb20026.png

Uh.. bug report. No walls visible here. Is this intentional?
srb20027.png

How'd it turn day so quick? (Don't answer this, I know it's just classic 'Video Game Time is Faster Than Real World Time'.)
srb20028.png

Ummm.. Why is there a great unending desert in Knothole. What's down there? Hello?
Post automatically merged:


srb20029.png

Yet again, another great environment. Although it isn't entirely comic accurate, seeing as how Archie Knothole probably had less elevation..
srb20030.png

Gaming.
srb20031.png

Hey! It's Chef Palm Tree!
srb20033.png

Gotta say, this skybox is legitimately the best thing about Great Forest Wall. Actually.
srb20034.png

3 Layered Walls.
srb20035.png

I have a feeling that the pixel art in this skybox isn't original..
srb20036.png

And here we are in Robotropolis! This level always ACTUALLY felt smelly to me. I've been allergic to a lot of things my whole life, so my brain is just primed to feel this stuff. The colors make it feel a lot like an actual city!
srb20038.png

Another great view.
srb20039.png

I kinda ran out of things to say. I Screenshotted these last night, okay?
srb20040.png

[Trash Heap]
srb20041.png

Is this actually supposed to be the Science Fair? Because it sure doesn't look like it.
srb20042.png

Skybox bug? Why is the floor all black.
srb20043.png

And here we are! Modern Studiopolis..
 
Last edited:
Some images, I guess
View attachment 191000
Working on they computer
View attachment 191001
I never really appreciated how good the art is in the city. I know it's just some copy pasted buildings, but DAMN. I feel like if we accidentally time travelled Roger to 2006 then he instantly would've become a animator or at least a background artist for some show like Invader Zim or any other 2000s show like that.
View attachment 191002
Work.
View attachment 191003
Why is there a microwave here?View attachment 191004Yet again, stunning background work, Roger. This entire mod feels like that, actually. If not for the Sonic GUI, I could've mistaken this for an early 2000s game or a 2010s flash game parodying a early 2000s game.
View attachment 191005
Hahahahahahahahahaflowers.
View attachment 191006
CANNONBALL!!
View attachment 191007
Showering.View attachment 191008I can't believe it! He's done it again! The perfect.. pissing.. simulation. Actually, I'm going to pass on this one.
Also, no toilets, so it still wouldn't work.
View attachment 191009
Uh. Is this some weird portal or geometry fuckery or is this ACTUALLY that place in game? Because if it is.. then wow. That'd be so cool!
Post automatically merged:


Okay so apparently there's a image limit. So uh, continuing!
View attachment 191010
This. This is another great background! It really makes the place feel alive.. but also.. HOW BIG IS ROYAL PALACE?! THIS BACKGROUND LOOKS BIGGER THAN UPTOWN. IT SCROLLS SLOWER THAN UPTOWN. WHAT. WHAT.
View attachment 191011
Yet another good view. You know what, I've yet to see fanart of any of the Sol Sestancia 2 areas. Most likely because A. SS2 aint that popular, and B. No one draws backgrounds anymore.
View attachment 191012
Uh.. bug report. No walls visible here. Is this intentional?
View attachment 191013
How'd it turn day so quick? (Don't answer this, I know it's just classic 'Video Game Time is Faster Than Real World Time'.)
View attachment 191014
Ummm.. Why is there a great unending desert in Knothole. What's down there? Hello?
Post automatically merged:


View attachment 191032
Yet again, another great environment. Although it isn't entirely comic accurate, seeing as how Archie Knothole probably had less elevation..
View attachment 191033
Gaming.
View attachment 191034
Hey! It's Chef Palm Tree!
View attachment 191035
Gotta say, this skybox is legitimately the best thing about Great Forest Wall. Actually.
View attachment 191036
3 Layered Walls.
View attachment 191037
I have a feeling that the pixel art in this skybox isn't original..
View attachment 191038
And here we are in Robotropolis! This level always ACTUALLY felt smelly to me. I've been allergic to a lot of things my whole life, so my brain is just primed to feel this stuff. The colors make it feel a lot like an actual city!
View attachment 191039
Another great view.
View attachment 191040
I kinda ran out of things to say. I Screenshotted these last night, okay?
View attachment 191041
[Trash Heap]
Post automatically merged:


View attachment 191042
Is this actually supposed to be the Science Fair? Because it sure doesn't look like it.
View attachment 191043
Skybox bug? Why is the floor all black.
View attachment 191044
And here we are! Modern Studiopolis..
srb20045.png

Nice view.
srb20048.png

Hey look, it's Chef Palm Tree again!
srb20049.png

I've always been confused by this segment. The walls are scrolling DOWN.. when they should be scrolling UP, to give the illusion that you're falling.
srb20051.png

This is legitimately the worst part of Sol Sest 2. What happened to the sky?
srb20063.png

Ahh, another great skybox.. though, this mountain looks absolutely NOTHING like Mt. Terracentro.
srb20067.png

Speaking of.. how were you not able to see this place from below? I know it's just technical reasons, but it's real silly. Especially when, in SolSest 1, there was a view of the entire island.. yeah, you'd probably need to update that. Or not. I can't control people. (Well, except for Kris here, but..)
srb20070.png

Same for this place too. How were you not able to see this? Is Eggman implanting FNAF audio discs everywhere so that we can't see the weirdly giant canyon and the city inside a purple mountain?

Oh, and I guess that this marks the end of my little image series.
 
Last edited:
View attachment 191049
Nice view.
View attachment 191050
Hey look, it's Chef Palm Tree again!
View attachment 191051
I've always been confused by this segment. The walls are scrolling DOWN.. when they should be scrolling UP, to give the illusion that you're falling.
View attachment 191052
This is legitimately the worst part of Sol Sest 2. What happened to the sky?
View attachment 191055
Ahh, another great skybox.. though, this mountain looks absolutely NOTHING like Mt. Terracentro.
View attachment 191056
Speaking of.. how were you not able to see this place from below? I know it's just technical reasons, but it's real silly. Especially when, in SolSest 1, there was a view of the entire island.. yeah, you'd probably need to update that. Or not. I can't control people. (Well, except for Kris here, but..)
View attachment 191058
Same for this place too. How were you not able to see this? Is Eggman implanting FNAF audio discs everywhere so that we can't see the weirdly giant canyon and the city inside a purple mountain?

Oh, and I guess that this marks the end of my little image series.
OMG WHY IS THAT MESSAGE SO LONG
 
Right, finally stopped procrasinating and uploaded an update of Sol Sestancia with the Doughmeister's proper sprite re-instated.
I'm still utterly confused how that went wrong in the first place, but whatever.
Hope it didn't cause new glitches. These things tend to become unstable houses of cards where each change I make can cause a dozen other things to fall over again...


I feel like if we accidentally time travelled Roger to 2006 then he instantly would've become a animator or at least a background artist for some show like Invader Zim or any other 2000s show like that.

Yet again, stunning background work, Roger. This entire mod feels like that, actually. If not for the Sonic GUI, I could've mistaken this for an early 2000s game or a 2010s flash game parodying a early 2000s game.

You mean become a profesional animator? Since I have been an Internet Flash animator since the early 2000's, uploaded my first in 2003. I'm old.
Don't have the discipline to become a pro, or I'd be working for Hellovaboss or something at this point. Thanks for the compliment.


View attachment 191009
Uh. Is this some weird portal or geometry fuckery or is this ACTUALLY that place in game? Because if it is.. then wow. That'd be so cool!
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, you're really looking into the building at a later part in the level, where you have to find the blue key. If you could noclip inside, you'd be skipping to that part of the level.

And yeah, some visual glitches. Sorry, I've done what I can with trying to minimize them, but I don't really know how to fix everything, especially since every fix seems to cause 2 new problems again.
The blackness in the Eggtv stage in the background is intentional, tried something new since it always looks bad when you can see the bottom of the skybox when up in the air.


Ahh, another great skybox.. though, this mountain looks absolutely NOTHING like Mt. Terracentro.
View attachment 191056
Speaking of.. how were you not able to see this place from below? I know it's just technical reasons, but it's real silly. Especially when, in SolSest 1, there was a view of the entire island.. yeah, you'd probably need to update that. Or not. I can't control people. (Well, except for Kris here, but..)
View attachment 191058
Same for this place too. How were you not able to see this? Is Eggman implanting FNAF audio discs everywhere so that we can't see the weirdly giant canyon and the city inside a purple mountain?

I cheated a little with mount Terracentro and went with a different aesthetic. Problem with a decade long project, I'm starting to regret some of the earlier design choices. To my defence/ to explain the inconsistency away, you've only seen the island from one angle, let's say the wet angle where most of the rain hits the island, thus has more of a jungle feel to it. After Island cross where you run all across the island and end up on the other side, you got to the dry part of the island where the clouds don't reach over the mountains, hence the more desert looking envirement.

As for the final area in the game, perhaps you're no longer on prime Sol Sestancia?
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Back
Top