Slime

Slime v1.3

JonBaxter submitted a new resource:

Slime - A bubbly little slime is here to help

When the world needed a hero the most, one brave critter rose to the challenge!

View attachment 61446

...and now the world isn't so sure about this hero stuff anymore.​

A bubbly little slime is here to help!

The Slime started out as an inside joke among the members of the Brazilian SRB2 community as a character with very few animations, but a lot of squash and stretch in its movements. I decided to keep pushing the idea of a character...

Read more about this resource...

Here's a neat little idea i came up with: When going super (not that he has a super form in the first place, that is), he becomes more structurally sound, per say? Like, instead of being as solid as Jell-o, he'd be more like rubber?

So far I'm having fun with this mod, it's pretty cute and well done.
One thing though! The Continue sprite doesn't have proper Offsets, so it looks like this:
Captura de Pantalla 2022-01-30 a la(s) 13.37.17.png

I've not yet done a full playthrough with the little guy, so much else I can't say until then. It's pretty fun so far though!

glad to see our little squishy boy release! playtesting this guy was super fun

im gonna miss his peter griffin character select sprite though...

I found this mod on some server and lost it, was looking all over the internet for it or something like it, glad to see it made it.

Here's a neat little idea i came up with: When going super (not that he has a super form in the first place, that is), he becomes more structurally sound, per say? Like, instead of being as solid as Jell-o, he'd be more like rubber?
sorry, there aren't really any plans for a "proper" super form for the slime right now. But if I ever go back on that decision I'll keep your idea in mind for the super transformation's squash and stretch

JonBaxter updated Slime with a new update entry:

v1.2 - More fixes, ring slinger compatibility and projectile reflection

Changes:
  • The slime can spin metal sonic out by simply jumping into him even without being in spike ball form
  • The grounded spike ball's tackle should no longer overwrite your speed entirely when it's launched, meaning the faster you are running, the faster you will be boosted forward!
  • Changed the hold button to request a slime shield from TOSS FLAG to CUSTOM 1. Players now need to hold CUSTOM 1 for a slime to become their shield.
  • The slime shield can now reflect almost...

Read the rest of this update entry...

now there's one problem,what about the characters that have abilities on custom 1?
I've been mulling over this, but I ended up deciding that C1 was a key a lot more people were familiar with compared to TOSS FLAG. the former is a key way more people have bound compared to the latter, and I didn't want to force anyone to bind a key just for the slime shield. If there are problems with this implementation I can always just have the slime shield on both C1 and TF instead of just one or the other

I've been mulling over this, but I ended up deciding that C1 was a key a lot more people were familiar with compared to TOSS FLAG. the former is a key way more people have bound compared to the latter, and I didn't want to force anyone to bind a key just for the slime shield. If there are problems with this implementation I can always just have the slime shield on both C1 and TF instead of just one or the other
To be honest, I would prefer the option of either button.
The reason players may have C1 bound is because, well, exactly because characters kind of need those buttons in order to use abilities.
Toss Flag always tends to be the straggler in case of an unnecessary yet fun detail, such as a taunt or letting yourself be picked up by Silver.
Restricting it to JUST C1 solely because it's the most used button aside of Jump and Spin doesn't really feel right as a result when that clashes with the abilities.
Think of it this way! The Slime Shield is not necessary for the full experience, yet it's there as a fun detail that has intricate details to add a bit of spice to the gameplay.
If a player REALLY wanted to get a Slime Shield, they always have that lone button that has a better chance of not clashing with the ability.
I do apologize if I happen to be stepping out of line with the criticism though. I've played the mod and I loved it! Definitely hoping to see what you'll do in the future.

To be honest, I would prefer the option of either button.
The reason players may have C1 bound is because, well, exactly because characters kind of need those buttons in order to use abilities.
Toss Flag always tends to be the straggler in case of an unnecessary yet fun detail, such as a taunt or letting yourself be picked up by Silver.
Restricting it to JUST C1 solely because it's the most used button aside of Jump and Spin doesn't really feel right as a result when that clashes with the abilities.
Think of it this way! The Slime Shield is not necessary for the full experience, yet it's there as a fun detail that has intricate details to add a bit of spice to the gameplay.
If a player REALLY wanted to get a Slime Shield, they always have that lone button that has a better chance of not clashing with the ability.
I do apologize if I happen to be stepping out of line with the criticism though. I've played the mod and I loved it! Definitely hoping to see what you'll do in the future.
nah there's no need to apologize. you and metal both make valid points. I'll go ahead and include both buttons as options, it's not a big deal to push a new update for that

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back