• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SA1 Emerald coast SRB2 remake WIP thread.

hey uh im not sure what to do about custom objects when i get to that point. cause i need palm trees, beach chairs, umbrellas, and probably various plants and stuff and its one thing to learn how to make a custom object, but its another thing to learn how to make them do special stuff like for the umbrellas to bounce the player or if they have a homing attack let them homing attack it then bounce! and its another thing entirely to sprite them! i want all of that to be objects for 2 reasons 1: they are too hard to make as fof's and such, and 2: so that gamma can destroy some of them yes im still thinking about him c'mon he was in this level too and he was able to destroy the chairs and umbrellas but they dont give him time but stiiiilllll. im wondering if anyone would be up to help out with objects if they want cause i really dont know how im gonna do that, maybe i should wait until i actually get to that point idk but just thought i'd share this if anyone wants to help.
I have an idea but it requires the knowledge to make an enemy that doesn't move at all once you've made an enemy that doesn't move you can make sprites by ripping the lawn chair via screenshots from the actual sonic adventure

i guess thats possible but it might give Gamma extra time since its an enemy and technically Sonic could destroy it too which is what i dont want. i did just find out Gamma has a wiki page going over his custom hooks and stuff so maybe i could learn how to do that or get someone who actually codes to do that idk. and thanks for the screenshot idea, idk how well it would look but it might be easier than drawing everything since im not a good at that.

I can share my umbrella sprites if you want (you don't have to credit me)
hey uh im not sure what to do about custom objects when i get to that point. cause i need palm trees, beach chairs, umbrellas, and probably various plants and stuff and its one thing to learn how to make a custom object, but its another thing to learn how to make them do special stuff like for the umbrellas to bounce the player or if they have a homing attack let them homing attack it then bounce! and its another thing entirely to sprite them! i want all of that to be objects for 2 reasons 1: they are too hard to make as fof's and such, and 2: so that gamma can destroy some of them yes im still thinking about him c'mon he was in this level too and he was able to destroy the chairs and umbrellas but they dont give him time but stiiiilllll. im wondering if anyone would be up to help out with objects if they want cause i really dont know how im gonna do that, maybe i should wait until i actually get to that point idk but just thought i'd share this if anyone wants to help.

I can share my umbrella sprites if you want (you don't have to credit me)
may i see what they look like either through here or a conversation?
Post automatically merged:

Wait, was it the chairs or the umbrellas that were possible to homing attack
umbrellas. im using a video by Zoom zike called "Respect Emerald Coast" as reference since i dont wanna reinstall the game and the dreamcast mod just to waddle around the stage to see what does what and where what go. it takes too much storage space on my PC but he demonstrates that you can homing attack the umbrellas and they bounce you up, it doesnt help in the only area they appear in which is the beginning but he thinks it might be just an extra tutorial for the homing attack if you didnt quite understand it in the first Chaos battle.

Umbrella.png
Parasol.png

may i see what they look like either through here or a conversation?
Wait, was it the chairs or the umbrellas that were possible to homing attack
↑ Umbrellas, tables and table chairs

I'm not the type to "copyright" my work, so this is like in public domain now, everyone can use it in any work :>
Alright thank you so much! I know you said I don't have to credit you but I'm gonna credit you so hard alright cause I was genuinely at a loss on what I was gonna do with the sprites so for you to lend them is so cool thank you so much!

srb20185.png

i put the sprites over the bushes for now as a test to see how they look and they look great thanks again!

Last edited:
Also gonna share more sprites (they don't exitst yet, I'm too lazy so I use placeholders)

Alright thank you so much! I know you said I don't have to credit you but I'm gonna credit you so hard alright cause I was genuinely at a loss on what I was gonna do with the sprites so for you to lend them is so cool thank you so much!

View attachment 109573
i put the sprites over the bushes for now as a test to see how they look and they look great thanks again!
:D (also how did you do the roof on the scaffolding)

Also gonna share more sprites (they don't exitst yet, I'm too lazy so I use placeholders)

:D (also how did you do the roof on the scaffolding)
made an X through each square then gave each triangle a unique tag except for the west ones they all had the same tag same with the east ones then made 4 sloped FOF's one set of two to the east and one set of two up north. i only made one set of sloped FOF's for the north side since it was a straight line and i could use the same tags but i couldnt do the same for the east side i had to make 3 extra copys of those but yeah. it was long and tedious (my messy sector job at the beginning didnt help) but i ye! idk if i explained that well im not good at explaining things.

srb20032.gif

ok so ive decided to just go full replacing objects cause like i dont think i have the energy to learn how to make custom objects at least right now so heres what ive come up with. umbrella is a bush and on top is a invisible bumper. it cant be destroyed but at least you can homing attack it like i wanted. and destroying it with gamma doesnt give you time anyway so its fine if its not destructible i think.

this is why there should be a wiki page on the palmtree. I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO RAISE THE HEIGHT OF THE OBJECT TO GET THE FULL TREE!!!
srb20187.png

and here i was thinking only the top half of the tree existed. idk if it fits with the style of the level though idk if i should keep it. ill think about it.

Last edited:
levels pretty much done at this point, im just adding some extra stuff to distract me from learning how to make a custom save data thing for emblems- i mean because i think its cool :] idk when its gonna all be finished but... its gonna get finished at some point!

Last edited:
hey uh so im making an update for my Emerald Coast map and record attack isnt showing up on the main menu. i added it to the soc with all the condition sets and stuff and i unlocked it and it says i unlocked it but its not showing up on the main menu. am i doing something wrong?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back