• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Rush Advance Hedgehog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaSRB2

Average Vanilla Ice Cream
Rush advance hedgehog is here! Sorta. This is WIP, and don't worry! I'm still working on Modern Tails and Knux. I just need a break from those projects. Anyways unto the GIFS and screenshots! One of the GIFS show him using dash mode, and one is showing him running on water. The lonely screenshot is his css slot, the text hasn't been updated and is directly taken from sonic, ack sorry! You might be asking, move set? Well the planned moveset is;

Double jump = pressing jump again during a jump equivalents to a double jump, I mean duh! (Jump, duh)
Boost = Boost as usual! But this time instead of draining energy, it drains your rings. (C1)
Dash mode = Dash mode can only be activated if not in a boost state, when entering dash mode state you'll start to attract nearby rings. (Passive)
Boost trick = same as Modern Sonic, press a button to refill boost energy. But this time it refills rings. (C1 in spring state)
Sonic advance 2 trick system = Press c2 in a spring state then get thrusted forward retaining momentum! Press c3 in spring state gain great height but lose a fair bit of momentum. (C2 and c3)

Attachments

• srb20225.gif
    srb20225.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 232
  • srb20221.gif
    srb20221.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 240
  • srb20245.png
    srb20245.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 350
>A Boost Mode and a Dash Mode

Kinda pointless to have two at once hm

Pick one

And not only that, not a good idea to be starting multiple projects at once don't you think?

Yeah I know you're taking a break but that's a quick way to get burnt out

>A Boost Mode and a Dash Mode

Kinda pointless to have two at once hm

Pick one

And not only that, not a good idea to be starting multiple projects at once don't you think?

Yeah I know you're taking a break but that's a quick way to get burnt out
Damn you're quick:P
Also, dash mode, boost mode. It's for the player to choose on survivability or speed

>Dash mode - I should stop using boost mode so that I don't drain my rings too much, further increasing my survivability
>Boost mode - Should I risk losing all my rings in favor of speed? further lowering survivability.

Boost mode can't be activated without rings btw, so the ring attract from dash mode can help here.

Damn you're quick:P
Also, dash mode, boost mode. It's for the player to choose on survivability or speed

>Dash mode - I should stop using boost mode so that I don't drain my rings too much, further increasing my survivability
>Boost mode - Should I risk losing all my rings in favor of speed? further lowering survivability.

Boost mode can't be activated without rings btw, so the ring attract from dash mode can help here.

I think the better thing is doing what Modern Sonic does, where if you refrain from boosting for a bit you get energy back to the certain threshold

Honestly like

Look at every other mod that has a Boost or a Dash Mode, they don't have both at the same time

I really feel like you should just stick to one or the other

I think the better thing is doing what Modern Sonic does, where if you refrain from boosting for a bit you get energy back to the certain threshold

Honestly like

Look at every other mod that has a Boost or a Dash Mode, they don't have both at the same time

I really feel like you should just stick to one or the other
You're right but, it wouldn't hurt to try something different.

Sometimes it does:P

You are aware that Boost in the Modern games like attracts rings and why it's drains a separate resource right

Not only that, it's kinda not like the Rush games to have it drain rings for that matter, just stick with a meter

You are aware that Boost in the Modern games like attracts rings and why it's drains a separate resource right

Not only that, it's kinda not like the Rush games to have it drain rings for that matter, just stick with a meter
First of all the boost of R.A.S will not attract rings and also rush advance is like me just trying to create a hybrid of the advance and rush gameplay.

I, personally, like the idea of dash+boost, mainly because it's different. I also like the idea of merging advance and rush gameplay. I do wonder how the sprites will look in the end, if they're not an expanded vanilla sonic set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back