Retro Monitors

Retro Monitors 2.2

"MIDIMan"

MIDI Enthusiast
"MIDIMan" submitted a new resource:

Retro Monitors - Monitors of the past, ported to 2.2!

This addon consists of monitors ranging from the TGF era all the way to the 2.1 era. Please make sure to read the README.txt file included in the PK3 for information on how to set these up properly.

"THE GAMES FACTORY" MONITORS:
Being the most unique out of all the other monitors, these "relics" can simply be walked into to break them. They will not bounce the player back up when jumped on, however.

The Special Stage power-ups are also included to make this a...

Read more about this resource...

NOTE: The author will most likely correct their post later to clarify, but the Blue monitors for the Demo monitor set gives the green shield, while the green monitor gives the Water shield, which is apparently how it used to work back then, so this is intentional.

Last edited:
Really good, but why are the elemental shield monitors giving bubble shields when the water shield only existed in 1.09.4?

If I recall correctly, the water shield existed up until 1.09 as the green shield. 1.09-1.09.4 replaced the green shield with the blue shield, but it kept the same water protection behavior.

I just did a double check with a test map and you were right about the function. Though I don't think it was called the liquid/water shield until 1.09 when it turned blue. When Green it would had been called the elemental shield.
Still, excellent work.

Are you getting any errors in the console? In latest-log.txt? It sounds like something could be wrong with the Lua code.

"MIDIMan" updated Retro Monitors with a new update entry:

TGF Monitor Bugfix

This update fixes a bug where 2-player bots could steal the first player's shield and speed shoes power-ups when breaking TGF monitors. Whoops!

This update also fixes a 2.2.10 bug where the game would display a message stating that the player was hurt or killed by "Eggman's nefarious TV magic" whenever they were hurt by anything in a ringslinger game mode. This fix was incorporated into SRB2TP, but not in this mod. Again, whoops! (This is only a temporary fix until the HurtMsg hook gets...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back