Retro Monitors

Retro Monitors 2.2

i am still wondering how to activate the specific monitor sprites
If you're talking about the different eras of the Final Demo monitors, there's an object field in the "Edit Thing" window in Zone Builder called "Parameter" (renamed to "Behavior" for these monitors) that chooses which era the monitors should emulate. The README included in the PK3 has details for which era each parameter emulates.

If you're talking about the actual sprites themselves, the monitors for each era (besides Final Demo-2.0) of SRB2 have their own object types, all categorized under the "Monitors" list in the "Edit Thing" window in Zone Builder. You should be able to find them there.

"MIDIMan" updated Retro Monitors with a new update entry:

Shield and UDMF Update

This update brings a couple of new features, including era-appropriate shields!

CHANGES:
  • Shield monitors now give the player an era-appropriate shield, instead of a 2.2 equivalent!
    • This behavior can be disabled by setting the "Extra" flag on the monitor's map thing in Zone Builder.
    • Additionally, Demo monitors can now have their "Parameter" field set in Zone Builder to give players an XMAS shield (displays below the player instead of on top).
  • UDMF...

Read the rest of this update entry...

i am actually kinda shocked they put the old shields in the game, i commend you for somehow working them out
i did notice that the force shield from 2.1 looks purple, might just be me or 2.2.13 though...

2.1 Shield Update

This update changes two shields from 2.1 whose sprites were changed in 2.2.

CHANGES:
  • Updated the 2.1 Armageddon and Force Shields to use their 2.1 sprites.
  • Made changes to the "era-swapping" code (LUA_SHLD) to be more modular.
    • Modders should now be able to pick and choose which shield orb objects they want in their mod(s) without worrying about SRB2 spitting out errors for "unknown object types".
Special thanks to...

I like that addon, and wanna make his better.
and well of course, the glitch report!

srb20112.gif

Recycler Bugfix and Improved UDMF Support

This update brings better UDMF support, as well as a bugfix for recycler monitors.

CHANGES:
  • Improved UDMF support!
    • Arguments are now properly labelled in Ultimate Zone Builder.
BUGFIXES:
  • Fixed a bug where the recycler monitors wouldn't transfer any shield's era between players.
    • A_RecyclePowers has been re-programmed from the ground up in Lua to handle this, so it may cause conflicts if used with other addons that re-write...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back