Random dude steals a whole bunch of mods and packs them into 4 different pk3s without credit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporwaveboi

"lua scripter"
One day i'm just chilling out on Discord and playing a couple of netgames when I get a DM from a friend of mine...
1617033255376.png

Apparently, someone by the name of "Master from srb2" made a mod called "SRB2TLDX." God knows what that stands for.
So I decide "It's an SRB2 mod, how bad can it be?"
Very, very bad.
I download the file (which BTW was 139 MB)
1617032544189.png

Huge red flag. Big, bright, waving red flag.
I decide to go through with it anyway.
Upon download completion, I look into the zipped file and-
1617032720547.png

I don't know what he was trying to accomplish here, but he didn't even take out the wad backups to conserve file space.
There's also a build of SRB2 Uncapped (missing ALL of its dependencies, minus the RPT file) and an SRB2 Mod Management copy.
"Okay, i'll just sift through the backups and move the complete files over to my own SRB2 folder," I thought to myself.
So now I had 4 SRB2TLDX files sitting in my SRB2 folder.
1617033806803.png

He couldn't even be bothered to combine the 4 mods...
I add the mods one by one.
oh.
The title graphic is offset, and the titlemap camera is in the ground (seeing as how the titlemap uses the Player 1 Start as its position.)
I go into the character menu, and meet a nasty surprise..
1617034020672.png

SILVER?????
WHAT THE-
LAST TIME I CHECKED SILVER WASN'T REUSABLE
HE DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO CHANGE THE SOC HEADER
ALL HE DID WAS GIVE SILVER KNUCKLE'S SPRITES AND CHANGE THE PREFCOLOR
1617034251147.png

I AM 99% SURE VOLT IS ALREADY A CHARACTER ON THE MB
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???
1617034430556.png

The character select is just as confused as I am.
Anyway, I pick "Water" and move on to the levels.
The second I start, my screen is BOMBARDED with graphics and messages from miscellaneous Lua.
1617034550189.png

The only one I can recognize is Terminal. Why was Terminal added? Was someone going to host a netgame with this mod?
I play a bit further into the level, and then..
1617034750777.png

A WHOLE BUNCH OF ENEMIES EVERYWHERE (great level desgin, 15/10 bro!!11)
Not only is the Lua stolen, but the maps aren't the best.
And to top it all off...
srb20688.gif
AL
THE FIRST LEVEL IS INCOMPLETE (Well, it is a demo after all, so i'll cut it some slack there)
And.. That's about it.
I don't know if this "Master from srb2" person is an active member in the community or if they've posted anything, but I hope they start doing original things.
There's no chance the mod will show up here, thankfully.

Edit: ALRIGHT SO HE HAS A WEBSITE AND HE ALSO CLAIMS TO HAVE MADE SEVENTHSENTINEL'S SRB2 MAPPING TUTORIAL VIDEOS WHAT THE-

Last edited:
Don't forget that the mod creator (master from srb2 guy) says that he created srb2 like if hr really did, although is doubtable since that dude has a damn broken grammar

Met this "Master" character. Not the type of guy to interact with. He has a separate website where he puts his mods. He's not planning to submit anything but watch out. He claims that he's 13, and then the next day he says 15. His oldest discord got banned for being underage. I wouldn't talk to him if I were you.

Don't forget that the mod creator (master from srb2 guy) says that he created srb2 like if hr really did, although is doubtable since that dude has a damn broken grammar
I could never forget that lol, he claimed to have made SRB2 as if STJR was merely a cover story

I also met the so called, "Master." First thing they did was try to get me to code Lua for them, then when I tried to explain to them I was working on something at the moment, they tried to bribe me.

I also met the so called, "Master." First thing they did was try to get me to code Lua for them, then when I tried to explain to them I was working on something at the moment, they tried to bribe me.
Funny enough, he actually tried to get me to make Lua scripts for him as well.
1617036688017.png

Oh yea, I know of this. One of the maps included isn't half bad for a beginner map, especially for someone who's underaged. But I won't condone theft of stuff.

There's more, just use $noclip you dingus, he added terminal into a mod, so why not go the extra mile and use devmode?

Also load the .pk3's from bottom to top to pass glich hill. (yes, G-L-I-C-H)

>Someone by the name of "Master from srb2"

i only need to hear that name to know he stole a lot of mods.
This guy not only stole this, he stole too SRB2 Destructive Ilusion, and claimed the mod as theirs, what a idiot. :blink:

>Someone by the name of "Master from srb2"

i only need to hear that name to know he stole a lot of mods.
This guy not only stole this, he stole too SRB2 Destructive Ilusion, and claimed the mod as theirs, what a idiot.
I think he also claimed the creator was his brother, and that he had permission to use Destructive Illusion.

I've never met the guy personally yet but after seeing all of this, I don't think i want to.
I really don't want him taking ownership of the map packs i host with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back