Pokemon Heartgold & Soul Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, got 3 Flailchus

Same here. What is the use of a pikachu that knows flail? God damnit the pokewalker isn't as good as I hoped. Why didn't they put something in that lets you see genders and levels? That is probably the worst thing to leave out.

28377 steps so far, got 442 watts right now. No Fly/Surfachu yet, but on the slightly more positive side I have 44 more tries and I found a Light Ball.

Wooooh, I beat the 8th Gym Leader, lucky for me Gyrados learns Ice Fang, or I would've been screwed. Anywho, after trading with my Pearl for a while I made a few adjustments to my team (still didn't get my Flying/Surfing Pikachu though).

Team as of now:

Meganium
Lvl. 41
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Petal Dance
-Magical Leaf
Item: Choice Specs
-I really like my Meganium, he's fun to have around. I like the set-up of Choice Specs since if I use Petal Dance, he's forced to use it anyways for 1-3 turns before becoming confused.
-------
Gyarados (Red)
Lvl. 36
-Surf
-Ice Fang
-Aqua Tail
-Thunder
Item: Nothing
-He was nice to have at the 8th Gym. Probably going to replace him with Swampert; or a Whischcash. On of the two.
-------
Lucario
Lvl. 50
-Force Palm
-Aura Sphere
-Close Combat
-Drain Punch
Item: Big Root
-Got this guy from Pearl. Big Root is on him so he can get more HP out of his Drain Punch. Needs more variety in his move types though.
-------
Magnezone
Lvl. 37
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Flash Cannon
-Magnet Bomb
Item: Zap Plate
-Zap Plate added for extra electrical power. Had to trade my Magneton from SS to Pearl to get my Magnezone. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with his move-set yet.

Farfetch'd (Flying Slave)
Lvl. 15
-I honestly don't care; you shouldn't either.
-He's a filler until I get my Murkrow.

My final Pokemon will probably be a Glaceon or a Flygon, I'm still deciding.

Can't wait to take on the Elite 4 :D

Last edited:
Defeated all the Kanto Gym Leaders, and went to take on the Elite 4 v2.

I have to say, once you get to Lance, be ready, because even with the Lv.100's I had, some of them got KOed within 2-3 Turns.

I also got that Item in the game, not going to tell what it is because it might be a spoiler.

All I can say is... it's been a long time since I played this on the GBC.

I wonder what's in store for me once I get to Red... any tips?

Oh, and I manage to EV train a shiny MYSRTY Mew while I was at it, just have to find the details I wrote down to get it's IVs. (Yes, I did write this on paper.)

STAT: ### - EV: ### - IV: ##
HP: 320 - EV: 0 - IV: 10
ATK: 209 - EV: 0 - IV: 28
DEF: 229 - EV: 8 - IV: 22
SP.ATK: 309 - EV: 252 - IV: 13 (Or 19, because it somehow changed upon EV training it, maybe I just wrote it wrong. Can't really say.)
SP.DEF: 229 - EV: 0 - IV: 24
SPEED: 296 - EV: 250 - IV: 29

Yeah, for some reason, ATK has more IVs than SP.ATK, even with a Modest Nature, SP.ATK is left out with just 13(Or 19) IVs.
-----
Anyway, there's been something going about whether or not MYSTRY Mews can be shiny or not. Some say they can, some say they can't so yea... I don't know if this one I have is a hack or not. >_>

Here was some info saying that if you went to Toys R Us and downloaded it first, it would be a shiny, some say that only employees were given the shiny MYSTRY Mews... but why would they keep a secret?
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=416886

Not really a 100% answer, but who knows?

All I can say is... it's been a long time since I played this on the GBC.

SPOLIER

I wonder what's in store for me once I get to Red... any tips?
Red shouldn't be too hard, I almost killed his Pikachu with one Petal Dance from my lvl. 54 Meganium (although Pikachu is his worst Pokemon despite its level). If you have a team around lvl. 70ish I think you'll be fine.

But God damn, I'm having a terrible time training my Pokemon, and after I beat Red; I going to breed them so I can the specific natures I want for them and EV train them a little more properly.

Though to help me train my Pokemon faster I'm catching Chanseys like no other for a Lucky Egg (which will raise my exp. gain by 50%), so far no luck. It doesn't help much either that the Safari Zone only has lvl. 42 Chanseys that are a complete pain in the ass to catch. Anywho, quick team update.

Meganium: Lvl. 54
Item: Choice Specs
Petal Dance
Cut
Safeguard
Body Slam
-I'm thinking of making Maganium more of a defensive player, since its Special Defense is it's highest stat. Might go for a move set like this: Toxic, Leech Seed, Protect, Giga Drain. Though in order to get Leech Seed I'm going to have to breed and get a female Chikortia, and then breed again to get a Chikorita that knows Leech Seed *sigh*. Or maybe what Serebii suggests and have something like this: Hidden Power, Leech Seed, Synthesis, and Counter.

Magnezone: Lvl. 52
Item: Zap Plate
Discharge
Flash Cannon
Thunder Wave
Magnet Rise
-I'm pretty satisfied with Magnezone's moveset. Magnet Rise eliminates his most powerful weakness, Ground Attacks. Not the best right now; but it's realiable. Discharge replaced Thunderbolt for some reason or another *smacks self*

Lucario: Lvl. 57
As sad as I am to say Lucario will be replaced by a Blaziken when I beat Red. Magnezone is taking up my Steel type spot, and I rather like the combo of Electric/Steel over Fighting/Steel. Lucario will have a place in my Heart though.

Swampert/Whischcash/Quagsire: Lvl. ???
-I'm rather confused on what to do with this. Swampert and Wishcash have similar stat gains according to my Emerald Guide (although it's frequently wrong), and quite frankly I like the way Quagsire looks. Swampert is probably the best to have, but his sprite is so damn ugly in HG/SS, I can't stand looking at him.

Honchcrow: Lvl. 50
Fly
Night Slash
Nasty Plot
Haze
-First off, I going to want an item that gives it the first strike (Quick Claw); or something that raise its Critical Hit Ratio. Super Luck + Night Slash + Item = Very good chance for Critical Hits. I'm going to give him Heatwave as a move also to deal with pesky Ice types. Overall I think Honchcrow has potential to be a good Sweeper on my team.

Latios: Lvl. 38
Item: Nothing (Dammit give me my Soul Dew!)
-Physic
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-(Thunderbolt)
-Ever since I figured out that Latios was in this game; I made it my duty to catch him. Favorite Pokemon from Gen. 3 I tell you. I think that's a good move set for him, since his Special Attack can destroy practically anything, and Surf prevents him from getting walled by a Steel Pokemon for the most part. Soul Dew is nice since it makes Latio even more of a pain to deal with (50% increase in Special Attack and Defense? Yes please). I'm going to stop training Latios for now, and wait until I get an item from the Battle Frontier to raise his Special Attack when he levels up.

Got a lot of work to do *goes back to hunting Chanseys*.

The original soundtrack is as dated as you would expect from something that was on the original Game Boy hardware, but the nostalgia factor can't be overlooked. Using the GB Sounds takes me back a decade to a simpler time when I would never have believed I'd be playing a remake of this years later =P

Well, first post in a small while, I may as well say about how far I've got on Heart Gold.

Lv 55 Feraligatr
Surf
Avalanche
Crunch
Hydro Cannon

Lv 54 Victrebell
Cut
Leaf Storm
Giga Drain
Leaf Blade

Lv 54 Ampharos
Strength
Rock Climb
Thunder Punch
Discharge

Lv 53 Red Gyarados
Surf
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Waterfall

Lv 52 Pidgeot
Fly
Roost
Quick Attack
Wing Attack

Lv 22 Shiny Onix (Random Encounter in Rock Tunnel at Lv 16)
Rock Tomb
Bind
Stealth Rock
Screech

Got all 16 Badges and haven't caught any of the legendary pokes yet apart fro Ho Oh. Most of the gym fights are pretty easy, though Whitney was annoying at times with her Uber n00by Miltank and grrr, Lance can go f*ck himself. Te 1st time round, he was annoying as anything and I know what to expect for the 2nd time, other from that, this remake is Awesome.

I managed to get a Flying Pikachu in the Yellow Forest course after about 30 tries when I first got it, though I need a surfing pika soon. Other from that, it's time to train against you know who, catch some legends and try to find more shiny pokes in random encounters.

Edit: As soon as I finished this post, I just captured Moltres. So that's 2 legendary pokemon caught now. Expect me to return within 2 weeks time.

Last edited:
I got myself a flying pikachu after several surfing ones. I have 5 surfchus. Anyone have anything interesting they'd wanna trade for them? I'd like some SS exclusives or high evolved pokemon, trying to complete my dex.

Last edited:
List of anything from RSE back, and I'll send you a shiny for a Surferchu.

Last edited:
I have a lvl. 14 Shiny Ditto I got from the little Giveaway I mentioned above, it's the perfect breeding machine it seems. It came with a lucky egg if that makes you feel better. Although it's hacked, the lucky egg is well worth it. I don't have any SS exclusive Pokemon as far as I know, or high leveled ones (well besides my lvl. 100 Arceus, but I'm keeping him).

I sent in a request for a 10th Anniversary Latios a little bit ago; hopefully I'll be able to get one of those soon.

Last edited:
I actually prefer pink ditto over shiny, sorry. and I'm not needing high leveled, just evolved. The only pokemon I'm missing from the johto dex are the ones that need evolved or are SS exclusive

Ah ok, I can walk to get a Fly/Surfchu anyways (probably be better for me too).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back