Pokemon Heartgold & Soul Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
Why isn't there even a topic about this? Anyway...
-----
19b46.png

Pokemon Heartgold and Soul Silver are the remakes of Gold & Silver for the Gameboy Color.

I think this might explain more... (WARNING : May contain spoilers! Read at your own risk.)
LINK : http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Heartgold

Anyway, I picked Chikorita as my starter Pokemon because in the GBC Gold version, I had that Poke as a Starter. (My version is Heartgold, as I just got it today.)

In the box, it has a item called a Pokewalker, basically you just put it on your belt or something, and walk around with it to get Watts. (I think I recall this from somewhere... ahh yes, those small Pokemon Pal things which look like tiny Gameboys, where you can just shake it and gain Watts, however, I don't think you can do that with the Pokewalker...)

Anyway, Discuss.

Last edited:
Pokèmon HG & SS sound like great games, but too bad they're not in Europe yet. Oh well, when it reaches the US it's gonna be here pretty soon too.

I'll deffo buy it when it gets to the UK. I think I'll choose Cyndaquil as starter since I always have water starters, and fire Pokemon are kinda rare in the wild.

These are completely awesome. I've already gotten all 16 badges, underleveled heavily. Probably going to need to level up to even have a chance against Elite Four Round 2 and Red ^_^()

I wonder if one of the trainers on the route to The Lake of Rage still calls somebody in Team Rocket a jackass like in the originals... If they did, I would be LMAO.

I sometimes wish I didn't spend the rest of my Christmas money on the Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, now I can't get this (AAI:ME was worth every damned penny though). Bah, I'll buy this with my Easter money

Anyways, I'll definitely get Soul Silver with A Chikorita as my starter. I also have some ideas for the rest of my team (not exactly final though): definitely will have a Water-Ground Pokemon (more than likely I'll breed a new Mudkip from my female Swampert), and a Dragon pokemon (always gotta have one of these; I'll probably get my Flygon from Emerald).

Oh, that reminds me; I still need to rebeat Pearl (gotta go back and grind at Victory Road again). I wuv my Pikachu colored Pichu though, sparkle, sparkle (Heh, that's a good nick-name for him; Sparkle it is!).

Oh, this. Heck yeah, this looks awesome.

I'll prolly nab one of these little titles over the summer, when I have the time to devote to it. Hopefully, they'll go down in price just a little by then.

But still, this is honestly the most excited I've been over a videogame in a long time.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Are the Kanto region boss leaders levels adjusted?

Don't want to fight Brock's level 7's. :p

Well, actually you can rechallenge Kanto's gym leaders this time 'round, at the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City, I believe. They're supposed to be a lot harder (like in the 60's and 70's level ranges). I don't know if you can rechallenge Johto's gym leaders too, but that'd be sweet. I'd actually like to see Falkner when he's a threat.

I started out with Chikorita.
It has to be the worst started ever for any of the pokemon games. I mean, 6/8 of the gyms either have a super effective hit on it, or Chikorita's main (and nearly only) form of attack is not very effective.
Overall though. this game was awesome. The Pokewalker is neat, but unless you are actually going to go out and exercise, it's pointless. No one should sit shaking it for 5 minutes. You'll level faster in game.
Also, can't wait for the surfing/flying Pikachu path for the Pokewalker.

These are completely awesome. I've already gotten all 16 badges, underleveled heavily. Probably going to need to level up to even have a chance against Elite Four Round 2 and Red ^_^()

You might want to hurry up and beat Red, once you do you can obtain one of the Kanto starters from Oak. And apparently Seven(if you played RSE you'll know who he is) gives you the one of Hoenn the same way, but no Sinnoh starters?
Oh, well thats what trading is for... >_> Anyone know if the acid rain glitch is in these versions?

I wonder if one of the trainers on the route to The Lake of Rage still calls somebody in Team Rocket a jackass like in the originals... If they did, I would be LMAO.

Wait, what? I though Nintendo was really strict on things like that.

Anyway, considering I was a real fag for Pokemon Crystal, I'm am going to get this game sometime soon. Probably for Easter. My starter Pokemon will be Totodile, becos water Pokemon are handy, and it's an alligator. You can't go wrong with a friendly alligator.

Wait, what? I though Nintendo was really strict on things like that.
Funny thing really. You see, after I beat one of the two pokemaniacs that where
right near the exit to The Lake of Rage I talked to him again, and I remember him saying something about Team Rocket and part of the sentence included the words "That jackass (or those jackasses)" and something about his Slowbro or Slowpoke. I loled SO HARD that a ALMOST fell off the bed! I wonder who didn't erase that part...

I've had it for six months, done 136 hours, the US launch is nothing special to me. =P Trying to find a copy in Japan was the hardest thing I've EVER done in my history of video games....

I got soulsilver with a Feraligatr in my team. I'm at the part where I have to go and catch Lugia, but I can't get to the right ladder sadly. I will not beat the game until I get mah Lugia! (Even though I have a shiny and a spiky-eared Pichu, a level 100 TRU Arceus, and a lvl 1 Origin Giratina from the Arceus event.)

Do you have the Jirachi with Draco Meteor? Transfer that into HGSS, and you can unlock a PokeWalker course. (The Pokemon in there are less than impressive, but it's an FYI thing.)

Do you have the Jirachi with Draco Meteor? Transfer that into HGSS, and you can unlock a PokeWalker course. (The Pokemon in there are less than impressive, but it's an FYI thing.)

Yes, I have the Japan one and the USA one. (Although I got the USA one on the last day they were holding the event at Gamestop, which was March 13th, 2010.)

I am aware of the transferring one part, I have the Pikachu colored Pichu as well. (If I recall it unlocks a event in Ilex Forest.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back