• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Paper Bros [HIATUS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a pretty cool feature
Post automatically merged:

me either
By the the first who made it was Sonic1983 then i just made it for player
Post automatically merged:

Alsi maybe use 10% transparent?(because paper is a little transparent)

If Paper Mario uses the ring system for Health Points, then I don't see that as a bad idea. You could keep leveling up for FP (Flower Points) only, and maybe figure out how to give the player badges, maybe replacing the chaos emeralds with badges? They aren't too well hidden and I'd have a reason to look for them after the first 2 zones. (Of course i'm more experienced) but the game shouldn't require badges, they would only make the game easier, like for example imagine having fire drive or hammer throw vs. Brak.

If Paper Mario uses the ring system for Health Points, then I don't see that as a bad idea. You could keep leveling up for FP (Flower Points) only, and maybe figure out how to give the player badges, maybe replacing the chaos emeralds with badges? They aren't too well hidden and I'd have a reason to look for them after the first 2 zones. (Of course i'm more experienced) but the game shouldn't require badges, they would only make the game easier, like for example imagine having fire drive or hammer throw vs. Brak.
Honestly, I'd keep it simple and have him use moves from the Mario RPG games. I don't think giving him all these otherwise unnecessary mechanics would be a good idea. Giving him moves like Hammer throw or an airplane fold should be a given

Honestly, I'd keep it simple and have him use moves from the Mario RPG games. I don't think giving him all these otherwise unnecessary mechanics would be a good idea. Giving him moves like Hammer throw or an airplane fold should be a given
The entire gimmick of Paper Mario is
1. His partners
2. The badges
3. TTYD is good, but I like 64 more, I don't think it's necesarry to include any of his curses.

His partners would be alot of work to add, and I think his badges would make more sense to keep as a character in SRB2. His badge mechanic is like his main gimmick.

I don't know what you mean by "his moves from the RPG games", all he could do is jump, hammer, use items, and special moves (which are badges). I think Paper Mario in SRB2 should reflect how he works in the games, so I think somehow implementing a badge system would be great, the developer said they wanted to include a level up system. What would leveling up do? The HP system looks like it may stay the same, so I think leveling up Badge Points and Flower Points would work great with the leveling up system.

The entire gimmick of Paper Mario is
1. His partners
2. The badges
3. TTYD is good, but I like 64 more, I don't think it's necesarry to include any of his curses.

His partners would be alot of work to add, and I think his badges would make more sense to keep as a character in SRB2. His badge mechanic is like his main gimmick.

I don't know what you mean by "his moves from the RPG games", all he could do is jump, hammer, use items, and special moves (which are badges). I think Paper Mario in SRB2 should reflect how he works in the games, so I think somehow implementing a badge system would be great, the developer said they wanted to include a level up system. What would leveling up do? The HP system looks like it may stay the same, so I think leveling up Badge Points and Flower Points would work great with the leveling up system.
I mean just make him an amalgamation of moves from the Paper Mario and M&L games. They're both very similar

Also, the gimmicks you've listed are exclusive to the first two games. While those ones are much more appreciated than the latter 3, it would make sense to combine or streamline elements from the entire series. Partners detracts from Mario himself and badges aren't necessary for pulling off basic moves

MS Pain huh

imean maybe try a more advanced thing? the spriteslook fine but with the speed your goin at here i think it really will make this mod go by faster

I mean just make him an amalgamation of moves from the Paper Mario and M&L games. They're both very similar

Also, the gimmicks you've listed are exclusive to the first two games. While those ones are much more appreciated than the latter 3, it would make sense to combine or streamline elements from the entire series. Partners detracts from Mario himself and badges aren't necessary for pulling off basic moves
1. How dare you put Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi in the same sentence. They are NOT similar. Now if you said give him Paper Jam moveset, i'd still disagree with you but no they are not similar.
2. The first two games are the best ones and what I personally think of when I think of Paper Mario. Again, need I mention the creator is making a level up system.
3. No, hammer throw was always a badge move that costed FP.

Guess we can agree to disagree since you REFUSE to agree with me, and I think i'm right, you probably think you're right. It's their mod, not ours. We can both suggest different ways we think Paper Mario could be like.

You’re talking about making him 1:1 with his home series, yet there’s two problems with that. The first is that you’re ignoring the rest of his legacy and the second is that SRB2 is first and foremost a platformer. You can add RPG elements such as a level up or upgrade system (which we actually see working in Metroid: Vanguard) to fit his RPG upbringing, but you can’t do everything exactly the way it was in his games. Sure, hammer throw was a badge move, but how do we incorporate badges into SRB2? You suggested to replace the Emerald Tokens with badges, but now you can’t have Chaos Emeralds. There are certain liberties that you have to take when taking a character from one type of game to another.

Here’s what the ideal Paper Mario should look like when bringing in RPG Elements while also prioritizing movement. You start off with a basic move set: Jump and Hammer. Jump allows you to stomp on enemies and hammer allows you to defeat spiked enemies and destroy breakable walls. After getting a certain amount of points for defeating enemies, collecting rings, and breaking monitors, you’ll be provided with a Level Up prompt that can be opened up at anytime and lets you pick from an array of stats like jump, hammer, speed, etc., similar to the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. mechanic from the Fallout games (which are FPS games that include RPG elements because the first few games were RPG games). After picking a stat to upgrade, you’ll be provided with a new move. If you select to upgrade Jump, you could be allowed to use the Spring Jump from TTYD/Luigi’s Super Jump from SPM or fold into an airplane like in TTYD and Paper Jam. Selecting to upgrade hammer would allow you to unlock new hammers with new abilities. Taking inspiration from TOK, you can have access to hurlhammers (which would also act as the hammer throw move), the spin hammer from TTYD, the burnhammer and chillhammer, a big hammer (Could possibly use the trio hammer's design from Paper Jam) as well as all of their shiny and flashy variants. As for the Chaos Emeralds, those would act as they already do, only granting a super form and the good ending. When it comes to the health system, using either the already existing ring system or having them grant you health like in Metroid: Vanguard would be okay in my book.

tl:dr By allowing Paper Mario to get new moves that he can cycle through by using an exp system, he would be allowed to have a ton of movement options while also stay true to his origins

Why are you modding paper into srb2? And why does a piece of paper have a hammer? Man, this mod is wild

I would think the jump height should be similar to Super Paper Mario, since that's a platformer-RPG mix. Of course, the flipping ability wouldn't make sense for SRB2, since the entire vanilla game is in 3D. Maybe the levelling system could be based on score, like that game?
Hrm. On second thought, how would one level up from the score given upon finishing an act?

Captura de pantalla (249).png

Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back