• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Paper Bros [HIATUS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
It's me! The same guy that made those Animaniacs Sprites
Animaniacs lmao.png

But no, this will not be a Animaniacs Character Mod, no.

This is a..
Paper Mario Mod!
XTRAB0.png

I'm gonna do all the sprites by myself!
All by scratch, No more 2.1 Paper Mario sprites!
And i have some beta testers that will help me!
And all of the sprites were made in MSPaint!
srb20330.gif

srb20332.gif

srb20331.gif

srb20307.png

srb20313.png

srb20361.png

Attachments

• XTRAB0.png
    XTRAB0.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 803
  • srb20331.gif
    srb20331.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,822
Last edited:
Yes, Paper Mario for 2.2
♪Nooooo mooooorrreeee Portleeeeeeeeeeeeeggggssssssssssssss~!♫

Glad to see Paper Mario from 2.1
Question: Will he have the same abilities or new ones?
New ones, we are thinking of new stuff like a level up system.
Post automatically merged:

Captura de pantalla (170).png

Here is a mock-up of a level up system.

Last edited:
Probably in the minority here, but while I suppose it's on model to the actual paper mario, it looks... off? Like, I don't think it's shaded quite like the typical srb2 artstyle if that makes any sense. I think a wiser decision would have been to use the 64 sprites like the other mod (or, if you wanted to be unique, the ttyd sprites with hiresscale)

Probably in the minority here, but while I suppose it's on model to the actual paper mario, it looks... off? Like, I don't think it's shaded quite like the typical srb2 artstyle if that makes any sense. I think a wiser decision would have been to use the 64 sprites like the other mod (or, if you wanted to be unique, the ttyd sprites with hiresscale)
Thanks for the feedback, but if i used the Paper Mario 64 Sprites, it would have been called a portleg, and i originally gonna use the Thousand Year Door sprites as placeholders but the pallete messed it up, this is my first actual SRB2 Mod im making, and the sprites are, half complete, its ok if you dont like the sprites.

Last edited:
Think there's unused sprites in ttyd of an n64-pm style mario, but there's only like 2 sprites of it officially. Which means you would still be making at least most of the sprites.
Although, if you ever do rolling sprites, they could be like the tube form "curse" from ttyd... but you probably already thought of that.

Also, maybe dash sprites could be like the pose paper mario does in paper jam?

Agh, duplicate post. Might as well give another idea I guess?
There is a form paper mario got officially that seems to be similar to a super form: Shining Mario. Although it doesn't have different colors for Mario, and instead makes him look shiny and stuff.

Last edited:
What's up with his hand right here? It's positioned backwards. His feet are also positioned terribly. Make sure you're using proper reference material. Here's an image from Origami King to help you realize what I mean
View attachment 41475
Captura de pantalla (176).png
Thamks for the feedback, the back sprites dont look good so im gonna redraw them.
The reason he dosent have feet, im just redrawing them.

Captura de pantalla (177).png

Reworking on it

Finished lol
Captura de pantalla (178).png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back