• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

OPEN CHARACTER ASSETS! (cool assets for cool characters)

I've been making random character mods that I never finish, so I thought that I could pull a SPMoves and make a reusable character abilities, character features and functions mod that's main purpose is to make character creation easier, Right now I have this basic title screen function that lets you insert a graphic to slide across the screen when people load your mod! This, like everything else in the mod is purely optional so you can pick and choice what you do and don't want for your character. Hopefully this can increase the diversity of new mods, Give me some suggestions on some abilities/character features to add into this thing so it can be PACKED with reusable stuff!!
srb20012.gif

This function is actually really good, I think this would be great for other modded characters (and some that are official) can use this as their mod.

Last edited:
Here's some cool neat things to start out

First, we have the anti air walk script that removes the generic air walk and replaces it with something more flashy, you can pick the sound that plays and the state that you go into once its done

Second, we have a recurl that allows to curl back up into a ball when you hit a spring, allowing you to damage enemies and do your mid air ability again, you can pick that sound that plays and what button activates it

Lastly, we have a double jump, it allows you to get some extra height, you can change the height of the double jump, the sound, if you want it to spawn that sick circle effect, you can even change what the circle effect spawns as well as the speed that it gets sent at, you can also change what state you go into when you do it

This mod is designed with less coding in mind, once it comes out all you would need to do is copy the lua script, change a few values at the top and it would be ready to go, here's some of those values for the double jump

Lua:
// CUSTOMIZE SECTION START
local skin = "sonic" // your character here
local ajheight = 10 // how high you want your double jump to go
local sound = sfx_cdfm02 // the sound of the double jump
local circlespawneffect = true // make this true to enable a circle spawn effect
local objectspawned = MT_DUST // if circle spawn is on, this is what should spawn in a circle when you double jump
local objectspeed = 10 // if circle spawn is on, this is how fast the object will go outwards when spawned
local changestate = true // make this true if you want your state to switch to something else
local thestate = S_PLAY_SPRING // the state to change to if changestate is true
// CUSTOMIZE SECTION END PROCCED BELOW IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING

Next up will be that punch ability!!!

Attachments

• srb20015.gif
    srb20015.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 160
  • srb20016.gif
    srb20016.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 110
  • srb20017.gif
    srb20017.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 148
  • Cool!
Reactions: Dee
I'd be cool if we could have a homing attack that we can bind to any key of our liking, for example, instead of making it an Ability 1, make it a custom thing, so you can have it for example, on the spin button, or any of the 3 Custom Keys, like Surge has, with a homing on her spin button

Ability Wave Part 2!

I have 5 new abilities to show, 2 of them were suggested by "Soniku11" and "Dee"

First, we have the shoot ability. This allows you to fire a projectile of your choosing with a button of your choosing. Optional ring cost and delay before firing as well as a autoaim feature are included

Next, we have the punch ability, this thrust you and allows you to punch foes and gives you invul frames while doing it! you can change the button, the length of the punch, the speed of the punch, the effect it gives (dust, ghost or thok) and the delay of punching

After that we have a immunity ability. You can customize what damage types do and don't damage the player, as well as make it so that you can't drown.

Then, we have a customizable air dash, you can edit its thrust, height gain, effect, make it change what state your in, and give it a homing function

Finally, we have a homing bash, its like a homing attack without the thrust at the start, you even change what button its on, can change the effects as well

Attachments

• srb20021.gif
    srb20021.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 155
  • srb20023.gif
    srb20023.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 137
  • srb20024.gif
    srb20024.gif
    3 MB · Views: 125
  • srb20027.gif
    srb20027.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 118
  • srb20025.gif
    srb20025.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 151
I sugget making a airdash ability, then try to make a your own dashmode. I think I would wanna see how you can do it, with your lua skills. Also what I mean from a airdash, is you spindash in midair, then release it whenever you feel like it. It can be cancelled by ground and pits as well.

Well ill be damnmed, many thanks lad! you're the best!.

I hope you're putting it on separate Lua files for each and every ability, for both you, and the person using it to make it easy to see what are you using

Well ill be damnmed, many thanks lad! you're the best!.

I hope you're putting it on separate Lua files for each and every ability, for both you, and the person using it to make it easy to see what are you using
1701357355975.png

don't worry, they're each in there own separate folders

View attachment 105423

don't worry, they're each in there own separate folders
Thats convenient, because it not only makes it easy for you when making them, but for the people using them, to decide wheter what do they wanna use or not.

Because if they are all in the same file, theres 2 issues, the file becomes so bloated with text, that it will take eons to find something, and second, if something fails, the whole file becomes unusable, including everything else.

i have 2 suggestions, i like the shooting but i feel like it should be chargeable (also maybe make it seperate idk)
and a parry ability

2 more abilities, both suggested by sls64!

The first one is a custom dash mode, it works exactly like dash mode you run for a while and you get a massive speed boost! can customize the sound you make while getting and exiting dash mode, how long you need to run for, how fast you go while in dash mode, add ghost or dust effects and even give yourself immunity to all things

The second one is a air spindash, you stop and charge it in mid air and it thrust you depending on how long you charged, can customize of the sounds of starting, charging and releasing the airspindash, what button its on and change what state you go into while doing it, as well as give yourself thok or ghost effects. There's also a second "mode" that makes it function like the drop dash

Attachments

• srb20029.gif
    srb20029.gif
    8.5 MB · Views: 90
  • srb20030.gif
    srb20030.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 78
2 more abilities, both suggested by sls64!

The first one is a custom dash mode, it works exactly like dash mode you run for a while and you get a massive speed boost! can customize the sound you make while getting and exiting dash mode, how long you need to run for, how fast you go while in dash mode, add ghost or dust effects and even give yourself immunity to all things

The second one is a air spindash, you stop and charge it in mid air and it thrust you depending on how long you charged, can customize of the sounds of starting, charging and releasing the airspindash, what button its on and change what state you go into while doing it, as well as give yourself thok or ghost effects. There's also a second "mode" that makes it function like the drop dash
I really gotta say, thought the effect on the second looks rather odd for me, all of these abilities look hella promising, and if i gotta br honest, when you release it, there's gonna be a huge wave of people, veterans and newcomers that will use your mod, and that it will stay relevant for a pretty long time, in case they all work flawlessly, and that you can make them individual, like most of the Lua do, who check for a specific skin.

People will thanks you A LOT, trust me. What you're doing my guy, is the equal of Mr.Beast but for the Srb2 community, there's not gonna be enough words to thanks you.
Post automatically merged:

Also, i do have a question thought.. until how many abilities or for how long do you plan to keep on adding stuff, until it's considereded as "finished"?

I really gotta say, thought the effect on the second looks rather odd for me, all of these abilities look hella promising, and if i gotta br honest, when you release it, there's gonna be a huge wave of people, veterans and newcomers that will use your mod, and that it will stay relevant for a pretty long time, in case they all work flawlessly, and that you can make them individual, like most of the Lua do, who check for a specific skin.

People will thanks you A LOT, trust me. What you're doing my guy, is the equal of Mr.Beast but for the Srb2 community, there's not gonna be enough words to thanks you.

Also, i do have a question thought.. until how many abilities or for how long do you plan to keep on adding stuff, until it's considereded as "finished"?
Im thinking of 20 for now, and then ill add more if i need to later. There's like 10 already so it shouldn't take too long

here's 4 more abilities, one of them was suggested by sonichacker141!

The first one is a health system, your rings get replaced by a health bar and you regain health by collecting 10 rings. customizable health points and hit sound, as well if getting hit takes your shield or not

The second one is a parry, use it just as your about to get hit to parry a foe. Parried foes will be sent flying and if they ram into another enemy, they both will die! Can use on bosses to also send them back. Can change the button its on, the sound of the parry and countering someone with a parry, the frames of the parry, the delay after parrying, the shield color, how far enemies are sent and if a cooldown hud appears if your currently waiting on another parry

The third one is a super jump, press the button of your choosing and wait until a ghost effect appears for a boost upwards! can change the sound of the super jump, what button its on and the height cap

lastly, we have the wall jump, use it to cling to a wall, then release to be sent flying in the opposing direction! can change what button its on, and the vertical and horizontal thrust as well as the wall jump sound!

Attachments

• srb20031.gif
    srb20031.gif
    8.2 MB · Views: 114
  • srb20032.gif
    srb20032.gif
    11 MB · Views: 89
  • srb20033.gif
    srb20033.gif
    4 MB · Views: 98
  • srb20035.gif
    srb20035.gif
    9.8 MB · Views: 81
  • srb20036.gif
    srb20036.gif
    8.8 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Lately I've been playing Sonic GT, and I've realized that there are no reusable abilities: roll like in GT (which is used to grab more momentum, so it would basically do what xmomentum does,About removing the speed limit), the piston (which GT if you fall on a slope gives you momentum, if not it cuts it off),mighty's drop stomp (or was it something like that {don't remember}) which is just a drop dash that gives you downward momentum while using it, the name is a bit self explanatory,and just that, I just happened to mention it since I loved GT and see if some of these skills interest you to do them, if not ok, I just stopped by this forum for that,bye

i dont remember if either someone suggested it, or you already added it, but id be cool having a some sort of projectile that has a different trajectory than either Fang's cork, or Amy's hearts, one that you can shoot like out of a gun, that generates a small explosion on collision, like, the size of a tnt barrel, and with the speed of a Fang cork, and a medium sized hitbox, so it doesnt resemble a bullet, but a bomb or something

This will be the final ability, after this i will update one of my mods, and then (hopefully) get this and another mod on release!

Its a basic run of the mill stomp ability, you can customize how fast the stomp goes downards and you can even make it thrust you forwards (for a dive like move instead), the support was really nice and thanks for your suggestions!

srb20045.gif

This will be the final ability, after this i will update one of my mods, and then (hopefully) get this and another mod on release!

Its a basic run of the mill stomp ability, you can customize how fast the stomp goes downards and you can even make it thrust you forwards (for a dive like move instead), the support was really nice and thanks for your suggestions!

View attachment 106072
that looks interesting because seeing that it maintains your horizontal momentum, this can make up for some interesting combinations if you know watcha doing, its clearly better than if you only plummeted down straight down

man i really hope it gets accepted tho, all of these moves look hella good

Last edited:
that looks interesting because seeing that it maintains your horizontal momentum, this can make up for some interesting combinations if you know watcha doing, its clearly better than if you only plummeted down straight down

man i really hope it gets accepted tho, all of these moves look hella good
Hello, sorry if i got to bump this but, what happened? has it go accepted, rejected, or what? i have got no news about it, and im starting to worry it has gotten rejected, cuz how long with no answer

Hello, sorry if i got to bump this but, what happened? has it go accepted, rejected, or what? i have got no news about it, and im starting to worry it has gotten rejected, cuz how long with no answer
its got accepted! here's the addon thread

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back