Official Level Design Contest 2021: Round 1

Official Level Design Contest 2021: Round 1 1.3

Before the voting for this round ends I want to thank everyone for the criticism on my Blizzard Bastion! I'll definitely take part in the next round of OLDC and I'll also do something with BBZ... Also, question: can I use the same concept for any of my next OLDC stages, but remake the level from scratch?

The only things that matter are that your entry follows the rules and uses a layout that isn't adapted from an existing released map. Themes, gimmicks etc can be anything you want.

Before the voting for this round ends I want to thank everyone for the criticism on my Blizzard Bastion! I'll definitely take part in the next round of OLDC and I'll also do something with BBZ... Also, question: can I use the same concept for any of my next OLDC stages, but remake the level from scratch?
Yup. as long as the level design isn't taken from somewhere (i.e. a room copy pasted from Blizzard Bastion), you're free to remake your stage! Maybe you can even make it Act 2!

Whew, today internet finally came back after several days and saw the new stuff mentioned. Personally this was a great OLDC Round; all the good maps have smashed it out of the park, are fun to play or just need small tweaks and second chances to turn into great stuff. The other half of the maps still show potential from their authors (and also how they have improved), Drenched Dam could definitely have been a great idea from concept and theme but needs a revamp, Wasif still showing up at OLDC since Summer 2020 is encouraging in how he still keeps going with maps (though Othius feedback about needing real settings and specially Music Mash textures being not good have to be taken in account. You seem to have got a hand of ZoneBuilder well enough so you just need to polish what you actually make), and the other maps are either too short or need some few fixes.

Also, wanted to chime in and say something again since it is funny how I see people talking about the troll exits. I feel lucky of not having stumbled with the fake signpost that everybody talks about, and after spending 6 minutes to get to the end, it was wise to not get curious and enter the second troll exit.

Also I haven't got the cool exit yet but from peeking at the pk3 for the music, spotted a KI Ultra jingle which is probably intended for that. Good pick, definitely gonna have to hunt down that exit for real one day to see what you paired with it :knuxsmug:

Overall great stuff, I hope to be able to do something for next one, and Hollow Hill music was 10/10 :shitsfree:

The portals aren't working for me

Attachments

• srb20011.gif
    srb20011.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 146

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back