• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Nitro's character pack

Who are you looking forward to the most?

• Sonic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tails

• Knuckles

• Shadow

• Rouge

• Amy

• Ray

• Silver

• Mighty

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it easier just to use an easy-to-remember number. I noticed the downwards thok and gave it a speed of 500 (upward thrust). It seems to work pretty well.

Anyways I uploaded it... so now nitro has two spring-thoks... XD

Spring-Thok_Test.wad

I'll look at yours and compare it to mine.

I noticed that the first post of the topic isn't updated with the sprites I've recolored. Just out of curiosity, are you going to put the recolored sprites up sometime?

Is this next-gen style or Sonic Adventure 2 style? It looks kinda next gen because everyone's so shiney, but you say it's SA2. If it's SA2 then both Sonic and Shadow should have superforms and Shadow's should be whitish. And I'll begin, if shadow was in sonic advance 2 he'd have waterrun, but he wasn't and I know this isn't sonic advance 2. But there hasn't really been any games that prove Shadow can run on water(except for Sonic X when sonic had shoes like shadow's, but that show is irrelevant).

BTW, I personally like the old Character select pics rather than the new ones. (no offense HMSX) The old ones fit better with both the sprites and the srb2 standard, the new ones would fit better with SA-SRB2 or something.

I'll Begin said:
Mighty shouldn't have slowthok because it's useless, especially in Adventure Mode, where you can get stuck into long homing thoks. But I don't know enough about Mighty to suggest anything better.

In Knuckles Chaotix, Mighty was able to cling on to walls for a small period of time, and could make a large jump in any direction during that time. Otherwise, he's pretty similar to Sonic in terms of speed and jump.

JEV3 said:
I found it easier just to use an easy-to-remember number. I noticed the downwards thok and gave it a speed of 500 (upward thrust). It seems to work pretty well.

Anyways I uploaded it... so now nitro has two spring-thoks... XD

Spring-Thok_Test.wad

I'll look at yours and compare it to mine.
What's the ability supposed to be?
Anyway: A few things wrong with the wad:
1. You won't kill enemies after you use the ability.
2. Mechaknux doesnt spin. I think. So disable spindash, and use that thing that switches jumping sprites with springing sprites. This would also fix #1.
3. Color change is broken with that.

I should have placed the note in the same post instead of just as a comment in the objctcfg...

You are supposed to take damage, this allows Shadow to get some good attributes without making him OP. It is supposed to be a soc to recreate his thok in JTE (minus homing :-/ )

Mechaknux is just a temporary placeholder. It is a test for a socced special ability that may be used for Shadow. To get the real Mechaknux by CZ64 just look on the addons site.

Yay! Me getting things in order and answering questions time! Okay, weeelll it looks like I'll begin knows exactly what I want on these characters. Shadow's thok is fine, no SOCs needed. Sonic is going to be the same as the SRB2 sonic. Tails is going to be slightly faster than the SRB2 tails so that he goes into running animations, and will have waterrun. Knuckles will be slightly faster than the SRB2 knuckles with a faster glide. Shadow is going to be the same as sonic, but with a slower thok and waterrun. Amy is going to be the same as my amyrose.wad, and silver is going to be just slow enough so that he doesn't go into running animations and will have a glide ability so that I can give him special animations. Mighty is probably going to need a soc that makes him able to climb without gliding. And I will update the first post eventually, I'm just too lazy to get all the IMG tags sorted out. If anyone is willing to give me an IMG tag of all the recolored characters on flame's site, just PM them to me and I'll put them up ASAP.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
If anyone is willing to give me an IMG tag of all the recolored characters on flame's site, just PM them to me and I'll put them up ASAP.
You can transload images on imageshack.

I use imageshack all the time, but as far as I know you can't upload more than one image at a time.

LOGAN THE WOLF said:
I'll Begin said:
This will help me when players that like to thok come on my server!>:)
(off topic)
WRONG! It only works for a test wad I was using it with. It does not modify Thok at all.

Also, I would rather if you didn't redistribute that soc without permission. Which by the way you don't have.

Nitro TH said:
I use imageshack all the time, but as far as I know you can't upload more than one image at a time.
You can upload more than one image at once. You have to go to a different area of the site to upload it, and the images need to be in a ZIP archive.

Ooh, Tails Doll, looks cool. Oh, and before anyone says something, it's an addon, and not in the actual pack. Oh damn I realised I've read Nitro's mind!

*points to sig* Yeah, what is the curse anyways? As far as I could tell this is it.
1961062.gif

Nitro, I'd just like to point out that you should change all of the life icons to green, to go along with the sprites. That way, they change colour accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back