• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Nitro's character pack

Who are you looking forward to the most?

• Sonic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tails

• Knuckles

• Shadow

• Rouge

• Amy

• Ray

• Silver

• Mighty

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The swaying of Shadow's hangs looks a bit off, see if you can fix it, mostly when both of his hands are in front of him, it just seems odd. Also Shadow's shoes would have a small round white orb thingy since they are hover shoes not FIRE shoes.

skatefb1.gif

And lastly did you check if the Sonic character select picture is compatible with SRB2's pallete? I just checked it and it didnt seem 100% compatible.

Senku_the_swordshog said:
The swaying of Shadow's hangs looks a bit off, see if you can fix it, mostly when both of his hands are in front of him, it just seems odd. Also Shadow's shoes would have a small round white orb thingy since they are hover shoes not FIRE shoes.

skatefb1.gif

And lastly did you check if the Sonic character select picture is compatible with SRB2's pallete? I just checked it and it didnt seem 100% compatible.
Speed that up a little bit and see how it looks. Also Flame could try to convert it since he's the recoloring guy. And the hover shoes make it look like he has fire coming out from the bottom, so I was mistaken.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Looking good, sykotic, however I want tails to be able to go into his running frames. And as for mighty, you should give him a slow thok ability. Everything else is great.

Alright, then I'll let Tail's hit the run frames at speed 31, but his max will be 32. This means you have to keep a constant run going, in order to be able to run on water. What I may do, though, is take Run on Water off, unless you ARE going to make the spintail run thing.

JEV3 said:
I really wanted mighty to have a thok/climb but I tried soccing it and it is pretty much impossible without an exe change. :-/

As for Silver, I actually think shooting would be a good ability for him as he plays pretty slow. (or is supposed to anyways) Maybe I can try soccing the lightning myself.

Hmm... in JTE he had Shadow have a thok where he could be damaged. I think that actually could be socced using a custom horizontal (invisible) spring as the thok item. Then he would use his fall anims and therefore give a chance for more balance. I think he should have pretty good accel start but not run quite as fast as Sonic.

Just a plain spindash ability is really boring for Mighty. <.< Maybe give him a slow thok.

The Spindash won't need charging, but, maybe he could have a Homing thok? This pack needs one =P

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Looking good, sykotic, however I want tails to be able to go into his running frames. And as for mighty, you should give him a slow thok ability. Everything else is great.

Alright, then I'll let Tail's hit the run frames at speed 31, but his max will be 32. This means you have to keep a constant run going, in order to be able to run on water. What I may do, though, is take Run on Water off, unless you ARE going to make the spintail run thing.

JEV3 said:
I really wanted mighty to have a thok/climb but I tried soccing it and it is pretty much impossible without an exe change. :-/

As for Silver, I actually think shooting would be a good ability for him as he plays pretty slow. (or is supposed to anyways) Maybe I can try soccing the lightning myself.

Hmm... in JTE he had Shadow have a thok where he could be damaged. I think that actually could be socced using a custom horizontal (invisible) spring as the thok item. Then he would use his fall anims and therefore give a chance for more balance. I think he should have pretty good accel start but not run quite as fast as Sonic.

Just a plain spindash ability is really boring for Mighty. <.< Maybe give him a slow thok.

The Spindash won't need charging, but, maybe he could have a Homing thok? This pack needs one =P This would remove the Waterskip, which is the bouncing on the water that The main SRb2 characters can do with a charged Spindash

Sykotic said:
nitro_the_hedghog said:

JEV3 said:

The Spindash won't need charging, but, maybe he could have a Homing thok? This pack needs one =P
I am making the spin tail run, and I geuss homing thok is fine.

EDIT: Ha, you double posted.

First things First, Before I put the frames into the wad itself, I'm going to make the S_SKIN, and get various other crap done. MAIN_CFG especially, this is what gets it into Single Player.

Alright. Does this look any better for shadow's run? Just a tiny fix on the hands, hair, and ears, probably nothing noticeable.

EDIT: Since shadow's run frames are probably going to need more than 4 frames to make I might just make them his walk frames and make it so that with his speed he can't go into his run frames without speed shoes.

The way I'd do it (prolly suckish way, but who gives) Is have the first leg begin coming out, the other arm somewhat lifted, the other to his side. Then, the other arm begins coming up, while the other has reached max height. Then mirror them.

...It'd probably be better if I had visual representation. Bah, too lazy, as I'm doing my own character pack right now.

Yeah, I'm no good with using descriptive words to picture something, but I kinda get what you're saying.

Yay, hover glow.

EDIT: Senku, I have 3 jobs in mind you could do, it's your choice.
1: You can finish amy (or tails)
2: You can be in charge of the running frames
3: You can go through the sprites and make sure that everything is in place and moves fluently with the animations.

M'kay then. Also now I don't need to have the running animations be the same as the walk. Yay more work...
EDIT: Slight fix on sonic's side view.

Senku's got what I'm talking about. +5 Cool points. As for me, I'm still throwing ideas around in my head. I'm pretty sure I got everything I need, so I'll begin wadding the characters tomorrow.

Suggestion time. D:

No. No Runonwater for Shadow. When has he ever ran on water? Personally I think only Tails and Silver should have it. All characters should have Waterskip too because it's useful and not too overpowering. I also think all characters except for Silver should have spinjump, but that's totally up to you.

Shadow should have the exact same S_SKIN as Sonic IMO. Same with Rouge to Knux.

Perhaps Tails could do with a faster walk/run speed, but I'm not too fussed. Knux and Rouge could probably do with a slightly faster Glide.

Amy can go two ways. She can either have Double Jump/Slowfall and a slow-medium speed, or she can have a Medium speed and Thok/Multithok. The first one is probably the better choice there. Also, make her running frames like in Sonic Adventure/Advance, with her holding the hammer. Either a spindash or a hammer-spin attack could work.

Silver shouldn't hit is running frames unless he gets some speed shoes. Runonwater could actually work for him considering you're going to make him float. Also, animate his hair while he's doing that. As for abilities. Slowfall for air. You could probably ask Draykon if you can use one of his older Psychic socs, but I doubt he'll let you. If with some dumb luck he does let you, then spinning frames of Silver with his right hand out in front of him would own. (of course, that wouldn't work with the versions that use Thokitem or Slingitem)

Mighty shouldn't have slowthok because it's useless, especially in Adventure Mode, where you can get stuck into long homing thoks. But I don't know enough about Mighty to suggest anything better.

The Shadow JTE-thok soc is coming along nicely except I cant get the control thing (which launches him forward) to spawn at an angle relative to the player. Once I figure that out you can try it and see if you like it for Shadow.

BTW it starts with freeslots 100 and 300 for things and states respectively, so it should be compatible with most mods.

I'm gonna take a break from JTE-thok and see if I can get some lightning shots for Silver...

Any other custom abilities I can try soccing. I would love to try my hand at some.

BTW for Mighty's spindash, I would say it would be more advantageous to have complete range of control (lowest possible mindash and highest possible maxdash) so if used correctly he could have a lot of flexibility with his spin.

Hmm... is there a way to get light-dash disabled for multiplay or sort of nerf it, cause that would be a great ability for Silver imo if it wasn't so powerful.

EDIT: Post didn't go through the first time so this actually is some time after the original post time... I've got good progress on lightning for Silver and it is looking pretty good. I now want to see if I can figure out how to make the projectiles fly faster and have a slower fire rate.

JEV3 said:
The Shadow JTE-thok soc is coming along nicely except I cant get the control thing (which launches him forward) to spawn at an angle relative to the player. Once I figure that out you can try it and see if you like it for Shadow.
Standard vertical spring with no upward boost and dissapears after being hit. Homing = 0. Actionspd can be anything. Give it a shot.

EDIT: that seems to cause some kind of downward thok. I divided the default blue spring height by 60, chopped off the decimals, got a random number and tried it and that seemed to work alright. But it's not worth the effort.

Click the words, they chuckle and give you a soc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back