Resource icon

[Open Assets] Nick's Tower of Pizza Pack! V2B2 Patch 3

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Sidenote: I take it you guys used Pepperman's HP sprite as a placeholder? If so, I actually made something y'all could use if you need it.
View attachment 123875
I even made a sprite explicitly for when a bar gets knocked off him:

View attachment 123877

I haven't seen it yet, but I hope you did a funny by using Vigilante's HP sprites for Fang, lol

(Edit: if you do use it but need the sprites smaller/in a spritesheet, let me know and I'll whip that up for ya.)
Post automatically merged:

After one game over, down to both my last HP and last life, I finally fucking beat it.

I beg you, please just change this boss if/when you can, guys. This insanely bullshit of a difficulty spike is not okay, and until it's fixed I never wanna play this fight ever again, not even as The Noise. Even still, at least he doesn't have to get up close and risk damage just to progress. By that point, his bombs are no longer a cheat, they're a necessity. With just the first strategy that guy listed, I had to reset OFTEN because I had to
A. get lucky enough to not flub getting Mach 2, made even harder than it already is with tight enough platforms BECAUSE the platforms get smaller,
B. Get lucky enough to have Peppino land on Eggman's platform to actually continue his run,
C. Get lucky enough to not run headfirst into maces after landing a hit, AS WELL as not run off the edge into thorns later on, and
D. STILL have to carefully balance your already hard to manage speed and air control to not get unnecessarily hit trying to push the buttons.

It's not impossible, but it still shouldn't be this bad at all.

(I'm aware this fight was a difficulty spike with just the base cast, kinda, but it wasn't this steep. It was just tedious and dumb, not tedious, dumb AND unfair bullshit.)

weve considered adding peppino's gun to it if i remember correctly, i think it would be even funnier if eggman turned into the noise or something though

weve considered adding peppino's gun to it if i remember correctly, i think it would be even funnier if eggman turned into the noise or something though
I was hoping to eventually figure out Ultimate Zone Builder and make WAR. If you guys manage to add the guns, that'd make making that level even better LMAO

Sidenote: I take it you guys used Pepperman's HP sprite as a placeholder? If so, I actually made something y'all could use if you need it.
View attachment 123875
I even made a sprite explicitly for when a bar gets knocked off him:

View attachment 123877

I haven't seen it yet, but I hope you did a funny by using Vigilante's HP sprites for Fang, lol

(Edit: if you do use it but need the sprites smaller/in a spritesheet, let me know and I'll whip that up for ya.)

After one game over, down to both my last HP and last life, I finally fucking beat it.

I beg you, please just change this boss if/when you can, guys. This insanely bullshit of a difficulty spike is not okay, and until it's fixed I never wanna play this fight ever again, not even as The Noise. Even still, at least he doesn't have to get up close and risk damage just to progress. By that point, his bombs are no longer a cheat, they're a necessity. With just the first strategy that guy listed, I had to reset OFTEN because I had to
A. get lucky enough to not flub getting Mach 2, made even harder than it already is with tight enough platforms BECAUSE the platforms get smaller,
B. Get lucky enough to have Peppino land on Eggman's platform to actually continue his run,
C. Get lucky enough to not run headfirst into maces after landing a hit, AS WELL as not run off the edge into thorns later on, and
D. STILL have to carefully balance your already hard to manage speed and air control to not get unnecessarily hit trying to push the buttons.

It's not impossible, but it still shouldn't be this bad at all.

(I'm aware this fight was a difficulty spike with just the base cast, kinda, but it wasn't this steep. It was just tedious and dumb, not tedious, dumb AND unfair bullshit.)
i can probably increase peppinos knockback speed when you grab him, if thats ok

also thanks for the free sprite lol

I was hoping to eventually figure out Ultimate Zone Builder and make WAR. If you guys manage to add the guns, that'd make making that level even better LMAO
you do NOT know whats gonna happen when peppino collects all 7 emeralds (its exactly that)

i can probably increase peppinos knockback speed when you grab him, if thats ok

also thanks for the free sprite lol
Again, you shouldn't need to because it's not a problem literally anywhere else, and if anything might hinder every other scenario nore than help this specific one.

As for the sprite... er, sprites.. I might need to make one for Metal, too, given it uses Pepperman's as well. I don't want it to use his head, though, like I did for Eggman - for him, it makes sense given how egotistical he is, but Metal could definitely use something more unique.

Again, you shouldn't need to because it's not a problem literally anywhere else, and if anything might hinder every other scenario nore than help this specific one.

As for the sprite... er, sprites.. I might need to make one for Metal, too, given it uses Pepperman's as well. I don't want it to use his head, though, like I did for Eggman - for him, it makes sense given how egotistical he is, but Metal could definitely use something more unique.
i might just do it for that map, and call it a day

and honestly i have no idea for metal, maybe you can put up a sign that shows sonic? would be kinda funny

i might just do it for that map, and call it a day

and honestly i have no idea for metal, maybe you can put up a sign that shows sonic? would be kinda funny
Funny, sure, but dunno if I wanna go that route when the music remains epic and serious.

One thing I did think of is that if I kept with it being Metal's head, one turn shows his head while the next shows Sonic's.

... oh, actually, I found a nasty bug to do with Metal: if you fall into lava while upside down, you won't bounce like normal and you'll be unable to do more than move and you'll be softlocked, forcing you to instead skip the gravity switch outright. I mention Metal because his race has the literal only case of upside down lava.

Funny, sure, but dunno if I wanna go that route when the music remains epic and serious.

One thing I did think of is that if I kept with it being Metal's head, one turn shows his head while the next shows Sonic's.

... oh, actually, I found a nasty bug to do with Metal: if you fall into lava while upside down, you won't bounce like normal and you'll be unable to do more than move and you'll be softlocked, forcing you to instead skip the gravity switch outright. I mention Metal because his race has the literal only case of upside down lava.
thats known, and im gonna fix it with patch 2

added up throw
hey how do i up throw, in exchange for this info have a clip of the ||infinite flying noise||

||
up+jump then grabcancel to fly.gif
||

1717364843596.png

WAIT WHAT THEIR LIPS CHANGED?!?!

Alright, I got a couple things I wanna add to attempt to contribute to future updates. More will come, I just need a break.

1. Metal Sonic HP

I decided to go somewhat lazy and just make it a ring, but it can make sense considering Metal's playable, anyways. Plus, y'know. He's a Sonic.

ezgif-5-3b70ca453f.gif

2. Robotnik Boss Intro sprites

I initially planned to have Eggman himself a separate sprite to have different Egg-Mobiles overlayed, as well as a unique sprite teasing Brak Eggman. But I'mma be honest, just making one Eggman sprite was a bitch, so it's just the one. Planning to make one for Metal and Fang later on, and I'm fairly certain you know what I'm hoping is on the table.

Untitled811_20240603030925.png

Untitled811_20240603030933.png

I also made a dark red sprite for Brak Eggman, similar to how Pizzaface's boss sprite flickers red.

Untitled811_20240603031443.png

The moment I can grab the title card jingle soundfonts, I could submit possible titlecards (one for each zone, not for each act) in hopes it could be implemented as well. Act 2 cards will be much simpler, replacing SRB2's existing titlecards.

I'm not posting this expecting them to be guaranteed to be added. By all means, if you don't wanna add this stuff ever, I'm fine with that. As I said, I hope this stuff is on the table.

Alright, I got a couple things I wanna add to attempt to contribute to future updates. More will come, I just need a break.

1. Metal Sonic HP

I decided to go somewhat lazy and just make it a ring, but it can make sense considering Metal's playable, anyways. Plus, y'know. He's a Sonic.

View attachment 124055

2. Robotnik Boss Intro sprites

I initially planned to have Eggman himself a separate sprite to have different Egg-Mobiles overlayed, as well as a unique sprite teasing Brak Eggman. But I'mma be honest, just making one Eggman sprite was a bitch, so it's just the one. Planning to make one for Metal and Fang later on, and I'm fairly certain you know what I'm hoping is on the table.

View attachment 124057

View attachment 124058

I also made a dark red sprite for Brak Eggman, similar to how Pizzaface's boss sprite flickers red.

View attachment 124059

The moment I can grab the title card jingle soundfonts, I could submit possible titlecards (one for each zone, not for each act) in hopes it could be implemented as well. Act 2 cards will be much simpler, replacing SRB2's existing titlecards.

I'm not posting this expecting them to be guaranteed to be added. By all means, if you don't wanna add this stuff ever, I'm fine with that. As I said, I hope this stuff is on the table.
Adding to this:

1. Fang the Sniper

As you can tell by these, I didn't feel like hyper-realistic-izing these two. Still a lot of detailing, though, which suits the boss portraits well.
Sidenote: if you add these, I beg you to do a funny where every time Fang's boss is played, it randomly picks between Fang and Nack.

Untitled811_20240603083647.png

Untitled811_20240603083737.png

Untitled811_20240603083750.png

2. Metal Sonic

I thought that adding darker shading would make it a bit more intimidating, and you can notice seams/screws I added for detail. (I refused to make Fang intimidating because no matter how you slice it, he's really, REALLY not.)

Actually, making Metal's shading dark like this ended up making a reference to Sonic CD's title screen - that one frame where it's Sonic staring at you in darkness, specifically.

Untitled811_20240603083821.png

Untitled811_20240603083829.png

Adding to this: 1. Fang the Sniper As you can tell by these, I didn't feel like hyper-realistic-izing these two. Still a lot of detailing, though, which suits the boss portraits well. Sidenote: if you add these, I beg you to do a funny where every time Fang's boss is played, it randomly picks between Fang and Nack. View attachment 124090 View attachment 124091 View attachment 124092 2. Metal Sonic I thought that adding darker shading would make it a bit more intimidating, and you can notice seams/screws I added for detail. (I refused to make Fang intimidating because no matter how you slice it, he's really, REALLY not.) Actually, making Metal's shading dark like this ended up making a reference to Sonic CD's title screen - that one frame where it's Sonic staring at you in darkness, specifically. View attachment 124093 View attachment 124094
Adding to this: 1. Fang the Sniper As you can tell by these, I didn't feel like hyper-realistic-izing these two. Still a lot of detailing, though, which suits the boss portraits well. Sidenote: if you add these, I beg you to do a funny where every time Fang's boss is played, it randomly picks between Fang and Nack. View attachment 124090 View attachment 124091 View attachment 124092 2. Metal Sonic I thought that adding darker shading would make it a bit more intimidating, and you can notice seams/screws I added for detail. (I refused to make Fang intimidating because no matter how you slice it, he's really, REALLY not.) Actually, making Metal's shading dark like this ended up making a reference to Sonic CD's title screen - that one frame where it's Sonic staring at you in darkness, specifically. View attachment 124093 View attachment 124094

Ah, that's fair. And thanks a lot! These were a pain to make lol; massive Pizza Tower sprites are tedious, and worse if you're tryna clean them up a bit like I was. I absolutely do not envy Tour De Pizza's work, lol

Ah, that's fair. And thanks a lot! These were a pain to make lol; massive Pizza Tower sprites are tedious, and worse if you're tryna clean them up a bit like I was. I absolutely do not envy Tour De Pizza's work, lol
I agree, as a person whos making a mod and doing all of the sprites (its supposed too resprite EVERYTHING, even the tilesets), it really stinks, especially titlecards like Golf or Pizzascape

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back