• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Newrecolor.wad! Total unoriginality ftw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
glaber said:
Reminds me of Blaze the Cat.

Talia_DemoSheet.jpg

Looking at the basic frames for the wad, with nothing else added, I'd say maybe her eyes and muzzle might remind you of Blaze. That's the only thing I could say probably makes you feel that way.

Silver360 said:
No she looks like the cat/fox girl from Starfox 64 and Starfox Adventures.We should start a countdown for this.I'm mad that he's doing 3 frame a day but as they say " good things come to people that wait ".

It's my girlfriend's character. Her name is Talia the mongoose. And as far as resemblance (at least for this wad), I'd say she looks closer to the female fox from the Star Fox series.(Krystal. Who was not in Star Fox 64 or any game before it as far as I know.) Not be confused with the entirely different character from Star Fox 64, Katt Monroe. (Although they are a bit similar.)

Chaos said:
Her name is Katt, who is that anyway?

Try here.

-EDIT- Thank you for any and all compliments. I appreciate it.

Jman said:
:? I use to think this was a remodel of Sonic.

You think?

In all seriousness, good to see you again Zeshiro, I haven't seen/spoken to you in ages (November? o.o)

Couldn't decide on the clothes? Hah, you just wanted to show them off naked =3

Yeah, way to go. Must have been hard. I'm personally trying to mimic this style with a different program. To no avail, but I've done some good shadin' it.

Syko.wad anyone?

Thanks for the encourgement, everyone. Good to see you too, Cue. That your wad in your avatar, Syko? Awesome shading! (Might be because I'm looking at it via PSP, though) But still very nice. Glad someone can finally imitate with some class.(Not copying/pasting/editing) (-Edit- O_o Or did you...?) ...Mesagges like this take forever to type on PSP... :roll:

cueball61 said:
Jman said:
:? I use to think this was a remodel of Sonic.

You think?

In all seriousness, good to see you again Zeshiro, I haven't seen/spoken to you in ages (November? o.o)

Couldn't decide on the clothes? Hah, you just wanted to show them off naked =3

Could be a beta version.

Either that, or this could be that one xxx.wad I've seen in examples!

But yeah, in all seriousness, both wads are awesome.

I will put clothes on her...eventually...
But nudity isn't exactly new to srb2.. :roll:

I just wanted to note, if I hadn't before, that there are going to be eight variations of Kai.wad. Eight seperate wads in fact. Each has different moves, and slight variations in the stats. After I finish this one, the others will basically be edits of it (Detailed edits). After this, comes the edit with the swords. Then the edit with the Crossedge (Crossblade). Then, those same three wads with the longer hair. Then, on the trademark red motorcylce. And then a damged version. (Overpowered soc-edit moves, with very little range in them. Simulates the desperation of near-death.)

The set with the longer hair has the stats mabye two-four numbers higher in some areas than the short-haired one. The one with the Crossedge have a lower jump height because they're overall heavier. And etc.. All in all, if anyone does plan to edit my wad, (I really ask that you not, but I can't stop you.) I'll have done more edits of it anyway.

After that, I'll be doing Zeshiro.wad. Which is an entirely seperate and unrelated character. (Does not look like the other Zeshiro.wad) After that, Cross.wad. (Yes, it's a link) When all that's done. I'm open for requests.

Zeshiro said:
Thanks for the encourgement, everyone. Good to see you too, Cue. That your wad in your avatar, Syko? Awesome shading! (Might be because I'm looking at it via PSP, though) But still very nice. Glad someone can finally imitate with some class.(Not copying/pasting/editing) (-Edit- O_o Or did you...?) ...Mesagges like this take forever to type on PSP... :roll:

XD

Yeah, I did that by myself. I edited sprites from my unshaded Syko.wad to make Syko2.wad. Hence the gorgeous shade on the PlayA1 in my avi. I also added some of my own style though. I did I lot of referencing to those GIFs you posted here. The only thing I'm going to be copy pasting is a head template so I can put hair/facial details on it. Syko.wad isn't even done, and I might not finish it. You opened up a lot of potential frames with this:

Kai_New_Run.gif

Incomplete running frames. (I do the hair seperate, then add it later wen it's polished.)

I use Paint Shop Pro though. So there's some differences, but I'm going to keep referencing it. Someone asked me to actually make them an A1 frame the same way too!

EDIT- I got the A2A8 frame done too.

Zeshiro, I have got to say, that I love how you make your wads.
It must take a lot of time to make each individual Sprite, each pixel at a time... I am just amazed at how you can do JUST that.

Also, if it's okay with you, I would like to possibly keep your sprites on my FTP server, just in case something similar of this nature, were to happen again and so you don't loose all your work.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
It must take a lot of time to make each individual Sprite, each pixel at a time... I am just amazed at how you can do JUST that.

Also, if it's okay with you, I would like to possibly keep your sprites on my FTP server, just in case something similar of this nature, were to happen again and so you don't loose all your work.

That would be a great help, actually. And in return, I guess I could help with your character when I finish with these.

Super mystic sonic said:
How is that sword of Zeshiro getting used? Its for more then just the spinning frames, right?

I may be really late on this...but didn't Flame make a SOC to where he swung his sword in his new wad?

Zeshiro said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:

That would be a great help, actually. And in return, I guess I could help with your character when I finish with these.
In that case, then I'd love to provide hosting too, just because I care...or do I..? No wait, I do. :P

Edit: done: http://kingofflames.sepwich.com/Zeshiro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back