New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of a way to get the game without internet. 1st go to a friends house. Next if they have internet download it on theres and copy it to your system. Now you have the game. I think there are 7 episodes. Try typing in episode 7.

That won't work with the Wii. the 360 yes, but not the Wii.

I thought of a way to get the game without internet. 1st go to a friends house. Next if they have internet download it on theres and copy it to your system. Now you have the game. I think there are 7 episodes. Try typing in episode 7.
Well how would you copy it to your system though?

I thought of a way to get the game without internet. 1st go to a friends house. Next if they have internet download it on theres and copy it to your system.

There is a thing called copy-protection.
Sega will probably have that on Sonic 4.

I just way thought of a way to improve that idea 1) find a friend who can access online features on one of your consoles like wii shop channal 2) take your game console to your friends house and hook it up to his internet connection 3) download the game onto your console with his internet connection.

There is nothing to complain about in the game since we only got another teaser-like trailer and they could improve the animations for the final.

There is no problem that they decided to add homing attack, it is not like it covers the whole screen or is cheap kill for all enemies, just have to be useful and not either lead you to your death or be overpowered .

I am interested in what kind of gimmicks in the zones they will use since Sonic is in new territory.

The extra character might actually be Metal Sonic or some form of Mecha Sonic as an enemy, that or SEGA is just leaving us guessing.

Last edited:
Very old.

Sega already had a raffle a week ago with that music. Whoever got post --- gets a free copy of Sonic 3 signed by a Sonic Team member.

Just saying....

In my own kinda-not-really humble opinion I prefer the official title screen music, though Tweaker's is awesome too it just feels more weighted toward synth and less focused around the cheery tune itself. I don't much care for the "classic" sonic picture that's going around. Don't get me wrong, I love the classic sonic design, but what we keep seeing looks like a bad photoshop at best.

Now, what I'd LOVE to see is someone take that song and do a cover that makes it sound like the American Sonic CD title theme. I have yet to hear title screen music that can compare with that.

Very old.

If it was posted on this topic in this forum several days ago... then it might be different, but since not everybody follows Sonic 4 as attentively as we do... its not going to be old for everybody that reads this topic. Just saying...

If it was posted on this topic in this forum several days ago... then it might be different, but since not everybody follows Sonic 4 as attentively as we do... its not going to be old for everybody that reads this topic. Just saying...
Technically, it still is SORT OF old. Depending on the view point.

You get on my ******* nerves.
Welcome to the Auto-Wagon!

I don't really like the music, but yeah. I like it more then tweakers.
If anyone wants an original link.
http://blogs.sega.com/usa/page/3/

Posted 8 days ago... :p

Last edited:
Heres something I think we can all agree on: sega should put in the ability to transform into and play as super sonic at any given time after collecting all chaos emeralds instead of making him playable only during the final boss fight because all the different hacks made to play as super sonic outside the final boss battle in different sonic games tells me that alot of people would like it if sega did bring back super sonic in normal levels.

Heres something I think we can all agree on: sega should put in the ability to transform into and play as super sonic at any given time after collecting all chaos emeralds instead of making him playable only during the final boss fight because all the different hacks made to play as super sonic outside the final boss battle in different sonic games tells me that alot of people would like it if sega did bring back super sonic in normal levels.

The reason SS isn't available in SP anymore is because it is ridiculously overpowered. Though it does sound like a nice idea, it would be Game Breaker.

An idea I've heard around the place regarding that is simply to give Super Sonic the boost from Unleashed, and reduced ring loss instead of full ring loss per hit. The boost is so close to actual invulnerabilty that people wouldn't mind it, and unlike the original SS the Boost would actually take some legitimate skill to use in classic-style level design (in that classic level design is much more cramped and platformy than levels designed specifically to use it).

Of course, using the classicist angle and all, I can't quite see Sonic Team doing that, and if SS makes an appearance it'll probably be the traditional gamebreaker type. I'm not particularly against that per se, but christ it makes the game boring as hell.

I've always thought it'd be cool to have optional Super Sonic-exclusive time attack missions: You gather 50 rings, transform into Super Sonic, and clear the stage, aimming for a much quicker time than regular Sonic could manage. Upon successfully doing so, you unlock frivolous stuff like concept art. That would totally justify SS's presence in the regular stages from a gameplay point of view.

And about that new title theme... It ain't got the moxie of the its predecessors, but eh, it'll probably grow on me.

Last edited:
The reason SS isn't available in SP anymore is because it is ridiculously overpowered. Though it does sound like a nice idea, it would be Game Breaker.
No it's not, and no it wouldn't be. Super Sonic is a reward to the player for going the extra mile by giving him/her enhanced abilities and immunities. Totally fair if the player put in the time to perfect his skills at the special stages.

And even if you can still consider it overpowered, there IS a side effect to going super, which is that you MUST keep collecting rings if you want to stay super, or else you'll lose your power and be stuck with zero rings. We all know that being left with zero rings puts you in the danger zone, so consider that your balancer.

(Credit to SonicFreak94 for pointing this out in his IRC channel)

SonicRetro found out that Sonic 4 will come out on the N2
Compsense said:
o hay guyz wats dis

promo4.png

Found it in the xml. Here's the original link. Also, I found this in the updated site's flash, but being I hadn't seen it before, I figured I'd share it (might be important).

symbol21.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_N2

Wikipeda said:
The System N2 Arcade Platform runs on an nForce2 based motherboard which NVIDIA developed, It is based on a GeForce graphics card running the graphics in OpenGL Format, It runs a Linux operating system which appears to be based on debian, It runs in an arcade game racing cabinet designed by Bandai Namco Games.

Development
Because the N2 is based on PC development and porting is relatively easy and inexpensive to achieve due to the nature of the architecture

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back