New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
well homing attack in a 2D sonic game just feels akward no matter how one looks at it. Though as akward as it looks, i'm rather curious on how properly it will work in this game. Though Is anyone getting a bad feeling of forseeing accidental deaths due to poor target homming?

Though Is anyone getting a bad feeling of forseeing accidental deaths due to poor target homming?
Sonic games haven't suffered from that since Sonic '06, so I think it's pretty safe to say it's unlikely to be a problem.

Also while we're on the subject, I've heard various people suggesting the Homing Attack being brought back in the form of the gold shield from Sonic 3D Blast, and I gotta admit that's a pretty cool idea, even though they're unlikely to do that either.

Sonic games haven't suffered from that since Sonic '06, so I think it's pretty safe to say it's unlikely to be a problem.

Also while we're on the subject, I've heard various people suggesting the Homing Attack being brought back in the form of the gold shield from Sonic 3D Blast, and I gotta admit that's a pretty cool idea, even though they're unlikely to do that either.

@Bold
Well, in Sonic Unleashed sometimes the homing attack gets messed up and misses the target.

I also had some problems in the DLC levels. Specifically, in a Spogonia level. The camera switches from 3D to 2D once you home, and the camera glitched and I died when I tried.

But this is 2D, this isn't going to have 3D problems.

I'm just disapointed that it's going to be a download only title and I really don't think it will help the game popularity wise.

It'll probably be on disc once all episodes are out.

Download doesn't stop anything. World of Goo + Megaman 9 sold LOTS

Well when I said it probably wouldn't help the game popularity wise I meant because there are probably alot of people who don't have access to xbox live arcade, playstation network, or wii shop channel and can't get the game because of that (incase your wondering I am one of those people I used to be able to connect to xbox live until my parents change their internet connection to wireless so I can't anymore).

Are you concluding there's only four zones based on the decomposition of the Sonic 4 website? Well, perhaps it's planned to only showcase 4 zones on that website, as opposed to all the zones. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess...

Guys, (That is pretty old about the 4 zones...) remember the fact that all zones might not be coded yet. And the game isn't even close to release. By the time it releases, I could imagine Sonic Team producing a couple more zones.

Actually, four zones sounds about right to me. S3K was a full game and it had what... twelve zones? That's the equivalent of three episodes. (actually S3K wasn't a full game, it was TWO games... both games were six zones and probably sold for three times as much as we'll have to pay for four... do the math)

S&K isn't really a game JEV3, it's an expansion pack that can be played stand alone. But here, they just outright say it's episodic, so yeah, 12 zones sounds just fine.

S&K isn't really a game JEV3, it's an expansion pack that can be played stand alone. But here, they just outright say it's episodic, so yeah, 12 zones sounds just fine.

Pretty sure I had to pay for it as if it was its own game. Canonically, yes its an expansion pack... and technically, its an expansion in more ways than one... but I'm concerned with the way it was sold. If it was sold cheap like Wii Fit Plus, *Insert RTS Expansion Pack Here*, or MW4's Mech Packs... then I'll retract my prior statement.

I thought of a way to get the game without internet. 1st go to a friends house. Next if they have internet download it on theres and copy it to your system. Now you have the game. I think there are 7 episodes. Try typing in episode 7.

Last edited:
I think there are 7 episodes. Try typing in episode 7.

*raises eyebrow* Well, that'd conservatively be equivalent to 28 zones... I think the developers would run out of fresh ideas for gimmicks before then...

JEV3 said:
Actually, four zones sounds about right to me. S3K was a full game and it had what... twelve zones? That's the equivalent of three episodes.

Well, 14 zones officially, but Hidden Palace Zone was for story advancement more than anything, and Doomsday Zone was just the final boss fight, so yeah, you're effectively right.

Actually, thinking about it, four zones per episode wouldn't be that bad. I just hope there are three acts per zone and that those three acts play, look, and sound slightly differently from each other. Again, think S3+K.

Last edited:
Honestly, I would have far preferred they do it like S3K if they're doing "episodic content". Provide a game in its entirety with the designs in place to have an expansion or two should it do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back