Mushroom Hill Fan-made Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he used a different recording program at that time? I dunno

On-topic:

I love how some people in this topic failed to enjoy a S&K 3D animation and complained about "background interaction" or stuff that no one else cares to attempt to deffend SEGA or just for complaining

what the hell?

I love how some people in this topic failed to enjoy a S&K 3D animation and complained about "background interaction" or stuff that no one else cares to attempt to deffend SEGA or just for complaining

what the hell?
It goes both ways. Do you remember when they revealed that Sonic 4 Sonic had green eyes?

what the hell?

Because having to do that means that a remake of S3&K with all of those fancy 3D things would end up having fucked over layouts and most of us didn't even know it was an animation at first?

and most of us didn't even know it was an animation at first?
People said it was an animation only a few posts into the thread, but nobody listened, so the whole topic went in circlejerks for seven hours.

Because having to do that means that a remake of S3&K with all of those fancy 3D things would end up having fucked over layouts and most of us didn't even know it was an animation at first?

I sense lack of sense here, and what's exactly bad about it? :I

The reason for the mushroom being a background object is because if it wasn't, Sonic would actually walk "through" the mushroom or just hit the face there if it wasn't on the bg

Since you decided to link back to that post...

犬夜叉;686726 said:
[22:53] <%Inuyasha> Am I the only person in the world who realizes that the Sonic 3K 2 1/2d remake video would not be possible to make into a real game?

Actually, it's possible, if you mean by the objects interaction or some stuff like that, you see it's just fine in the video, you are just being kinda picky about it

And there is a Sonic engine edited out of Unreal Tournament in progress called Sonic GDK, which has enough graphics limit to make things in that video possible (note, it's still in progress just to remember you before you go off-topic and point out stuff in this video >:I)

犬夜叉;686726 said:
[22:53] <%Inuyasha> ANYWHERE
[22:54] <%Inuyasha> EVERYONE is like "olololol why don't we fire everyone at SEGA and do this instead of Sonic 4"

I haven't seen anything like that, maybe because I don't go to many Sonic fanbases, I've just seen things like "Sonic 4 should have animations like this" in some place on deviantArt

犬夜叉;686726 said:
[22:54] <%Inuyasha> Sonic interacts with background objects in Sonic 3&K.
[22:55] <%Inuyasha> There is no fucking way to pull that off in a 2 1/2d plane without awkwardness coming into play
[22:55] <%Inuyasha> Even in the goddamn video Sonic moves to the background to jump on a mushroom
[22:56] <%Inuyasha> You can't do things like this without things going horribly fucking wrong
[22:56] <%Inuyasha> and everyone goes "lol non issue"

They go like "non issue" because there's nothing terribly wrong with the background interacting mushroom, as I said, you just gone picky about it

犬夜叉;686726 said:
[22:58] <%Inuyasha> and consider that ... those mushrooms are scattered all over Mushroom Hill
[22:58] <%Inuyasha> ...hence the name.

Aren't they all scattered over the Sega Genesis Mushroom Hill too? :V

犬夜叉;686726 said:
[22:58] <%Inuyasha> An entire zone of awkward?
[22:58] <%Inuyasha> That shit doesn't fly.[/tt]

What's exactly awkward about the video other than the non-perfect Sonic model?

犬夜叉;686726 said:
Don't even get me started on other zones...

I don't think it would turn out bad :I

You show your point about the objects interaction in S3&K looking awkward in 2.5D, but in the video, it's no issue at all, most of people that I've seen pointing out problems in the video was only about Sonic's model, for them, the object interaction is just fine

About going to the background in 3D side-screen play... Doesn´t Little Big Planet do that like all the time?

Someone else who doesn't understand basic game design concepts. Joy.

They go like "non issue" because there's nothing terribly wrong with the background interacting mushroom, as I said, you just gone picky about it

Ehem. Notice how the sonic model moves to the background when he jumps on a mushroom? That would require accurate prediction of the player's intentions (DOES he want to jump on this mushroom? Maybe he just wants to jump just past it instead?), and the second you throw an enemy, projectile, hell ANYTHING ELSE into play, you're just asking for problems (Why am I getting hit by a bullet that I should be passing behind?).

Aren't they all scattered over the Sega Genesis Mushroom Hill too? :V

Sega Genesis MHZ doesn't have the player moving into the background, does it?

With a pure 2d game you can take artistic liberties into play that you just cannot do with a 2.5d game. This is just one example; for another, just try replicating Sandopolis 2 in 2.5d graphics. You'll fail horribly, to say the least.

About going to the background in 3D side-screen play... Doesn´t Little Big Planet do that like all the time?

Yes, indeed :I

犬夜叉;691040 said:
Ehem. Notice how the sonic model moves to the background when he jumps on a mushroom? That would require accurate prediction of the player's intentions (DOES he want to jump on this mushroom? Maybe he just wants to jump just past it instead?), and the second you throw an enemy, projectile, hell ANYTHING ELSE into play, you're just asking for problems (Why am I getting hit by a bullet that I should be passing behind?).

Well, maybe people would think that, but since the mushroom isn't that far from where Sonic is walking, then it's kinda understandable

But anyway, I don't understand this "bullet" part, like, if there was a bullet, it would just hit Sonic, kinda aiming at him, I guess

犬夜叉;691040 said:
Sega Genesis MHZ doesn't have the player moving into the background, does it?

Actually, it does, you can walk past the mushrooms in Sega Genesis, and yet you can jump on the mushrooms, so the mushrooms are probably close enough to Sonic walk past them and yet jump on them, kinda hard to explain

犬夜叉;691040 said:
With a pure 2d game you can take artistic liberties into play that you just cannot do with a 2.5d game. This is just one example; for another, just try replicating Sandopolis 2 in 2.5d graphics. You'll fail horribly, to say the least.

Well, depending of how it's worked on, it may turn out ok or not, I can kinda imagine how it would turn out if it was made up like the 3D Mushroom Hill video, it wouldn't look bad from what I can imagine

That's just me, though

Of course not, Sonic 4 has different style, models and designs, and this is a fan-made Mushroom Hill animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back