Movienight - support your friends and express yourself!

!1275 did get merged, so the current version of this mod will be incompatible. I actually made a patch already that changes nothing but "fix" the bytes, but I will likely never be allowed to distribute it due to how the community handles things. :/

You'd think there would be some exception to reusability from this situation but im pretty sure fickle does not want her work touched even if she isn't in the community

Movienight v5 won't load in the 2.2.9 prerelease.

Code:
ERROR: ZIP file has holes (5490 extra bytes)
Errors occurred while loading H:\SharedF\SRB2\addons\L_movienight-v5.pk3; not added.

RIP

Code:
Errors occurred while loading H:\SharedF\SRB2\addons\L_movienight-v5.pk3; not added.

RIP

Ha-ha, this is very interesting. Did the developers really do it? I took a look at the changelog but didn't find it. Give me time to check...

Code:

RIP

This mod is actually the main reason that happens. As mentioned b4, Fickle discovered a bug in SLADE that allows files to be hidden, so that no one can read the contents of certain things in the mod, except for srb2 itself. This trick has been called ficklezipping, since it was initially discovered by fickle. Fickle used this trick with Movienight to stop re-packers from stealing part of the mod, since you can't take what you can't see. However, due to the fact that this can be used to sneak harmful, inappropriate, or even malicious files past the judges when submitting here to the message board, it was deemed necessary to remove in-game support by detecting and rejecting mods that do this.

Last edited:
Yes it is. Even another interesting way I found doesn't work either. Of course, it was a fun way to protect your material from plagiat, but safety is more important.

Now this modification does not work. What will the judges do in this case?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back