• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Movie Sonic Progress thread (cancelled)

Might cancel the movie sonic mod, mainly because I don't feel like working on it anymore( or at least taking a break from it.) and I have other things I want to do, I'll keep you guys updated if I change my mind. (And to be quite honest I don't like the movie sonic's design either.)

But regardless i feel like my work has been undermined do to the amount of complains my mods has gotten and it's really demotivating just to work on a mod for several weeks only to have it be complained about so I might stop mod making altogether actually.
We are here for you, your mods will always be good man.

Might cancel the movie sonic mod, mainly because I don't feel like working on it anymore( or at least taking a break from it.) and I have other things I want to do, I'll keep you guys updated if I change my mind. (And to be quite honest I don't like the movie sonic's design either.)

But regardless i feel like my work has been undermined do to the amount of complains my mods has gotten and it's really demotivating just to work on a mod for several weeks only to have it be complained about so I might stop mod making altogether actually.
A bit of a shame, really. The sprites so far are really promising and I'm pretty sure a lot of people are looking forward to seeing this guy get an actual release. However, nobody can stop you if you really want to drop the mod. It's always up to you in the end.

So here's a checklist of what I have done so far.
Checklist.png

And here is how much I have left to go.
how much to go.png

Assuming I would even bother working on this mod again.

Ok yes

interesting style so far i think some of the blues are too dark but i trust you know what you're doing.

Okay, nevermind I'm going with the srb2 styled ones.
Post automatically merged:

I don't have it in me anymore to continue In trying to make this a mod so I might just end up cancelling it. None of that "on hiatus" or any of that "on hold" nonsense, cancelled as in no longer working on it. My interest for it has fell flat in the early stages of development and since then it feels like I'm being forced to make something I quite frankly don't really want to anymore. Maybe If anyone wants I could send a file of the mod and perhaps they could make there own version? *Sigh* anyways I hope you all don't get to disappointed that I'm coming close to cancelling this mod altogether. (This is the last time I'll post something like this ever.)

Last edited:
Okay, nevermind I'm going with the srb2 styled ones.

I don't have it in me anymore to continue I trying to make this a mod so I might just end up cancelling it. None of that "on hiatus" or any of that "on hold" nonsense, cancelled as in no longer working on it. My interest for it has fell flat in the early stages of development and since then it feels like I'm being forced to make something I quite frankly don't really want to anymore. Maybe If anyone wants I could send a file of the mod and perhaps they could make there own version? *Sigh* anyways I hope you all don't get to disappointed that I'm coming close to cancelling this mod altogether. (This is the last time I'll post something like this ever.)
This will be the first Sonic mod from the movie, you just have to pause for a while, please don't cancel :(

I like your mods I've always wanted a Sonic mod from the movie and it doesn't even have it here just please don't cancel

movienew.png

I probably won't be posting much on this thread anymore.
comparison.png

Also I've made a size adjustment to the sprites.
Instead of being taller than vanilla sonic the sprites are now around the same size (Kind of like the Shadow mod sprites, etc.) (And it makes my job a whole lot easier.)

Last edited:
View attachment 98582
I probably won't be posting much on this thread anymore.
View attachment 98583
Also I've made a size adjustment to the sprites.
Instead of being taller than vanilla sonic the sprites are now around the same size (Kind of like the Shadow mod sprites, etc.) (And it makes my job a whole lot easier.)
beautiful blue

Looks like it's Sonic from the movie very beautiful

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back