Morph's levelpack [scr_MLP02.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morph said:
Phlap said:
robodome was quite easily the most challenging and imaginative level i have ever played
Never played threw Mystic Realm, huh? :wink:

I did, and find Robodome harder then sunkenplant or even arial garden. Sunkenplant has a vast easy route, and Arial garden is easy if you have fast platforming. I was kinda confused in Robodome, and didn't know what was a death pit and what not, or when to dodge something. You should make it a bit more clear what is deadly and what not. Of course some arrows that make sure you won't get lost will be really nice too.

SMS said:
I did, and find Robodome harder then sunkenplant or even arial garden. Sunkenplant has a vast easy route, and Arial garden is easy if you have fast platforming. I was kinda confused in Robodome, and didn't know what was a death pit and what not, or when to dodge something.
REALLY? :eek:
Then I have to work on it. Maybe I don't think the levels are that hard, because I created them and I know what is coming next and how to avoid.

But I don't understand your point about the deathpits. The only deathpits in the whole Robodome are acidpits. Even if you think first, that they might be green water, you'll change your mind after you tried jumping into one. :wink:

No, those flashing grounds too. The enemies, the deathpits, and laser seem to be on a single place all the time. Make some variation between em.

Also, in molesdomain....I've found numerous holes where I tought you could jump in, but seemed to be a death pit later.

The only thing I find annoying is the large floating colapsable platform near the end of the Moles Domain!

I can get through the Robo Drome without getting hit now! Reminds me of the Tetrodrome from TMNT!

Robodome is rather difficult, but still.
I imagine using that Acid Water as a death pit is one of SRB2's established gimmicks (That is, a gimmick everyone uses) the switches always use the same texture, and the lasers always look similar. It's not that hard to tell what something is.

Well well well.

The link died again.

I'd host it on my website but I can't right now because I'm away from home and i don't have the wad on this pc.

(It's like telling someone the won the lottery but can't have a penny of it.)

Doesn't work. Someone will have to host this on a completely different site, my computer refuses to load that URL. :?

Super mystic sonic said:
There's always somebody who can't download the file, either because the link is broken/outdated, or because their computer somehow won't let them in.

Guess why it is a wise idea to host your file in more than one place.

!!! NEW RELEASE !!!

Again a little release to show you that I am still working on this.

The new version features:
- 2 new zones
- 2 new enemy modells (one eggman-recoulor and my own one completed)
- 1 new enemy (F.F.'s SpinnerTurret fitts in quite nice, I think.)

Yet there is only missing zone number 7. Zone number 8 is a level in the outer space (which was actually harder to do than I thought). The final zone is a special battle against eggman... I hope you'll like it. :wink:

WARNING: Both new zones are hard as hell! :twisted:
This levelpack is more and more developing into a PRO-PACK...
But anyway: I want constructive criticism.

DL-LINK ON THE FIRST PAGE

Credit for the SpinnerTurret goes to FuriousFox who created it and gave permission for everyone to use it. THANK YOU! ^___^

Thats great! A reason to play SRB2 again. Now you're on the project, and the levels getting nicer and nicer, you might as well improve the old first zone too.

Yay! Freakin' impossible final boss!

Actually, I did manage to beat it, and I think it's death sequence is broken.
A defeated Eggman should not float their calling A_Pain and shooting me with a flamethrower.

Played it, now judging. The star zone is greatly done. All those details are just great. Altough....you should make the the whole space just 1 plain huge space, where you can see everything. Oh, and it took me 10 minutes to find out I should jump in the black deathpit-like hole.

As for the final boss, I killed it, but then he kept flashing and shooting flametrowers at me. A new attack wouldn't work. I even stood in him spindashing using god mode, in a desperate attempt to kill the guy when that happend.

Draykon said:
Actually, I did manage to beat it, and I think it's death sequence is broken.
A defeated Eggman should not float their calling A_Pain and shooting me with a flamethrower.
and
SMS said:
As for the final boss, I killed it, but then he kept flashing and shooting flametrowers at me. A new attack wouldn't work. I even stood in him spindashing using god mode, in a desperate attempt to kill the guy when that happend.

Well this is a bug I wasn't able to fix until now... It is possible to kill him the right way, but sometimes he get's stuck in his pain-state and becomes invis.
The only possible reason coming to my mind right now would be, that somewhere the first and the last boss's frames are overlapping and crashing the object's further actions... :?

SMS said:
The star zone is greatly done. All those details are just great. Altough....you should make the the whole space just 1 plain huge space, where you can see everything
Actually I argued around a lot with view fields and angles... What I have to say is that the larger the field of view becomes the more unstably it is. Too wide and open areas are causing HORRIBLE grafic buggs, so this is the reason why I had to build the level this way. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back