Morph's levelpack [scr_MLP02.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As promised, I was working and now:

!!! THE WHOLE FIRST WORLD IS FINISHED !!!

YAY! :D

Checkout first post for screenies and the new download link. The wad contains all three levels [md1, md2, mdboss] AND mole's domain boss has another bgm.

In zone 2, it saids sky2 cannot be found and uses a redwall.
This is strange... It works fine when I try. I didn't even use sky#2 in one of the levels. Did you only load the wad or other files additionally, too? If anyone gets this error, too, please tell me! :?

This is a very nice wad!
Thanks! :)

I have to say, I like this pack. I have one problem, though, and that is the fact that I got lost at the end of MDZ2.

@ Jurai_Madman:
I'm glad that you like my little pack. MDZ2 is a little bit tricky. You have to find the switch which opens the second part of the level, the secret hidout of eggman. The two path in the room with the giant crevice are both leading into one room with a big arrow in the middle of it. This arrow is pointing into the direction of the switch. To activate the switch you have to jump on its top AND wait until you touched the blinking floor part. You will hear a special sound. This will open the hidden path at the beginning of the level. Just search... It is hard not to see it! :wink:
I have to say, I like this pack.

One little question: Is True Hyper Sonic the only one who gets these redwall-sky-error?

OK

Act 1: Very nice, but I don't like that volcano sorta like part that you hit the red spring on to get to the higher part.

Act 2: I couldn't finish it. I couldn't find my way around that button that goes down 16 units.

Act 3: Haven't tried it, since I couldn't finish Act 2.

@GCFreak:
Hm... the clue is that the button is placed far away from the door, so that you have to go whole way back where you came from.
But there is a problem with the button I realised... When you just touch it shortly and ran away, it will fall down, but the door won't open, because you have to touch the blinking floor and not the crumbling one to execute the linedef's action.
I should change this in the next release. Just make sure you stand long enough on the top of the switch untill you hear a special sound (not only the crumbling sound).

This "volcano sorta like part" should be an old mole hill of the giant moles, which doesn't exist anymore... :wink:

@Carnage:

@True Hyper Sonic:
I am now able to say when the redwall bug is happening, but not why. :?
The sky of the second and third level becomes a redwall every time you load the wad per console and not per launcher. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I used seperate lumps for each map and not one maincfg... In the moment I only can advise you to use the launcher and not the "addfile molesdomain.wad" command!

Neat, rather like it. Ahem.

Act 1: Absolutely love it.

Act 2: It was alright, but I got frustrated and cheated the resta the way through on the second set of crushers.

Act 3: Interesting, I've never understood what people liked about bosses that spawn enemies when they get hit, but otherwise good job. My only bit of advice, is that I noticed you seem to use A_FireShot to spawn the Ghost Crawlas, it's generally a better idea to use A_SpawnObjectRelative.

Well... the idea of the spawned enemies was to force the player keep moving. PLUS I still like watching these crawlas jump! WEEEEEEE!
So that was the idea behind it.
It doesn't matter at all which action I use to spawn the enemies. I could have used smoketrail, too, if I would have wanted. The great advantage of fireshot is, that the crawlas are directly facing the player and starting to attack immediately!

Well... Act 2 is of course a little harder than Act 1. I am interested if the crushers at the end (which might be too hard for second level) are the only point that you don't like or if I did something somewhere terribly wrong with the design, too. Just tell me!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- UPDATE: ---
The first act of the second world has been released!!!
It is called Robodome and is a giant, secret laboratory in the center of Mole's Domain where Eggman is researching new weapons and robots to defeat Sonic. This level features one new enemy and a new bgm which explains the filesize.
Pictures and the dl-link are placed (as always) in the first post. ENJOY! :wink:

P.S.: Maybe you can help me to find a name for the new enemy, which I've drawn and shaded by myself. Or maybe there is something wrong with the way I've drawn the robot. JUST TELL ME EVERYTHING!

Hmm, rather nice. I don't think I've ever seen people make much use of laser blocks. I expected some immobile laser grid you have to jump through. Also you probably should've put some angled sprites on those wierd enemies.

But otherwise, I like it.

The enemies replace the Blue Goombas which have only one angle and I am not a good spriter either. So I thought the enemy was ok keeping in mind that he always is facing Sonic trying to shoot him. :wink:

But I am glad that you basically like it. :)

I know how to merge... but I will take everything together when the whole world is finished... And I will take all worlds together when all worlds are finished. :wink:

It's cool that you like it, I think the most funniest part of the wad is the music... even if it is midi quality it got stuck right into my head. ^^

OK! You would never have expected this [I kinda like that phrase ^^] BUT HERE IT IS:

Morph's Levelpack Demo 1
(This is no download link)

News:
-> This Demo-Pack contains two completed worlds: Mole's Domain and Robodome. I worked on zone 2 of the second world FOR AGES! It is very complex and very tricky, but it is plain fun!
But there is one thing I should mention: The second boss is still in progress and the version shown in this demo is a way too hard. I tried to create a total different boss type and it was difficult to balance things, so that he provides a challenge and would be not too easy to beat.

Anyway... I call him the EGG-CLONE. Right now his model is just the same as eggmans normal one, but I am planing to make him green and ugly, so that you can see he is not supposed to be the real eggman.
The Eggclone is guarding a switch that opens the only exit out of robodome. To beat him you just have to hit him ONE TIME and he will collapse. Then you have to activate the switch and take the passage out of the lab... Sounds easy, huh? Well, try and you will see why it is not so easy! :twisted:

In the end, the most interesting thing about this release should be the second level of the second world.
I hope you will post your opinions and suggestions!

!!! DOWNLOAD LINK IN FIRST POST !!!

I played through it (except for MD2, still can't finish it)

VERY NICE! I loved the boss fight in RDB. RD2 was very challenging and confusing, but not frustrating at the same time, well done ;)

GCFreak said:
I played through it (except for MD2, still can't finish it)
Well... it is not that difficult. The green switch opens a door at the beginning of the level in the big room with the giant split. The door can not be seen before it has opened. In front of it there is a questionmark-block.

GCFreak said:
]VERY NICE! I loved the boss fight in RDB. RD2 was very challenging and confusing, but not frustrating at the same time, well done
Thank you. :mrgreen:
I know RD2 is difficult and a little confusing, but I wanted this to be huge, less linear and a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back