Morph's levelpack [scr_MLP02.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

UPDATE ---> Second Demo is out !!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well... You all know that I tried to create levelmaps in the past, but they failed, because they were too short and cramped. This time I want to try to make a little levelpack with maps I will work harder on than I did on my last maps. As a prove I've uploaded the first level of this pack. I hope it's better than the last ones.

The act is called "Mole's Domain". It is a land were giant moles had reigned before eggman killed them all and became the king of these messed up lands.
It was supposed to be the first level of the first act. So it is not very difficult. But I think I did a quite good job with the landscape.

----------- MD 1:
md1.png

md2.png

md3.png

md4.png

md5.png

md6.png

----------- MD2:
mdz1.png

mdz2.png

mdz3.png

mdz4.png

mdz5.png

mdz6.png

mdz7.png

mdz8.png

mdz9.png

----------- MDB:
mdb.png

----------- RD 1:
rd1.png

rd2.png

rd3.png

rd4.png

rd5.png

rd6.png

----------- RD 2:
rdb1.png

rdb2.png

There are many secrets hidden (some lives, silverringmonitors, a token and an emblem) and there are alternate ways to make the level less "mazelike" and more interesting. I hope you like it.

NEW DL LINKS :
Morph's Level Pack 02

ALTERNATIVE-Sendspace

Old DL-LINK:
[Please don't post that the links are broken or something... They all work fine. Just right click and save and you will get them. Thx.]
Morph's Levelpack Demo 1

Just write down your opinions and suggestions! :wink:

Wow, nice. It looks a bit simple in some parts, but it's not too big nor too small. You also seem to have it going on one path. Maybe if you put some floating platforms or something for you to climb, it will look nicer. And put some more rings, and a few monitors around.

@GCFreak
I like this map. Well done.
I am glad you like it and that it is this time not too cramped for you. :wink:

@Chaos Zero 64
Wow, nice. It looks a bit simple in some parts, but it's not too big nor too small. You also seem to have it going on one path. Maybe if you put some floating platforms or something for you to climb, it will look nicer. And put some more rings, and a few monitors around.
Thank you first of all. I think the level doesn't need floating platforms at all. The first original SRB2-level doesn't have them either. But these might be a good option for Mole's Domain Zone 2. I haven't tried to create some of these platforms yet, but I think it won't be that hard to do.

Right now, I wish I would understand how to create doors that can open by pressing down a switch. But I even don't know how to create a switch.
:-/
It will take some time to figure that out...

I know that I just should have edited the last post, but I want this thread to be at the upper part of the forum so that somebody is able to see it!

Well... checkout first post. I finished mole's domain 3! The boss is different from the normal one and a little harder. Try it out!

P.S.: Map is MAP03

P.S.2: I haven't finished mole's domain 2 yet, but I am working on it.

EDIT:
I forgott to mention that you shouldn't load both wads. The boss-wad changes the bluecrawlas to ghostcrawlas which are too powerful for normal enemies in the first levels! I will fix this by making seperate objects when I'll put MD1, MD2 and MD3 into one wad.
EDIT -> EDIT:
This problem is fixed!

A Ghost Crawla? *enters Box Ghost mode* I am the Crawla Ghost, beware my powers over Crawlas *exits BG mode*

Ghost-Crawlas are just transparent, fast crawlas that can not be killed. Their special ability is a combo of bunny jump and skullattack, like I did in AgressiveRobots.soc. The first boss spawns them every time you hit him.

Got it? :wink:

@Prime 2.0
errm, morph? Maybe you should just make the ghost crawla using freestates? Hmmmm?

I wrote:
I will fix this by making seperate objects when I'll put MD1, MD2 and MD3 into one wad.
I know that. I just tested it by modifying the blue crawlas. It's dump work to copy all states to freeslots and give these frames a knew created object which will then be spawned by eggman. So I'll do this when I put all wads into one.

By the way... Is it possible to place new created objects (with socs) directly on a map you created with doombuilder? :?

Nice job with this wad!!
Thanks! :)

----------------------------------------

Question:
Yesterday when MD2 was developing very well I thought about how to put all these levels into one wad. I looked around the toolbars in XWE and DoomBuilder and I thought that first I had to export the map with DoomBuilder and then load it into XWE. But when I tried to export one map first SRB2 started and then (after quit) I got an error-message, which says that nodebuilder is not able to create nodes and so the map was exported without nodes. :(

What do I have to do so that it will work well?
Or does it work in another way?

Well, since you showed off a beta to public wich is called a beta release.

And this is the "releases" topic!

Welcome to the club, dude! *drinks his twenty-one beer*

I DIDN'T!

I released one level and a test of how the first boss may look like... :?
This is under construction... There is a reason why I started the topic in editing.
Well... Now it is in this forum and I have to live with that. :mrgreen:

NEWS

- I fixed the "Mole's Domain Boss"-Level: Ghost-Crawlas are now seperate enemies and eggman himself has two more livepoints (I thought he was too easy :wink: )
- I am still working on Mole's Domain 2, but because of a few grafic-buggs that occured and the much bigger size of the level I am not finished yet.
- I won't be able to finish the second act this or next week, because there'll be a class-trip of my school. Afterwards I will be able to go on working.

CHECKOUT FIRST POST FOR FIXED BOSSVERSION!

You can bet this one will be on my server when co-op is on. :mrgreen:

It rocks! I think Ill make a original wad because of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back