• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Modern Knux progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaSRB2

Average Vanilla Ice Cream
Modern Knux progress, I've heard that a Modern Tails is being worked on. So why not a Modern Knux. This project is solely a pass time for me. If I ever stop developing Modern Knux I will pass him onto a much more skilled programmer. and also dont worry the sprites are just placeholders. (Pls note that I am just a student so I won't be able to develop Modern Knux that fast, might take me 2 years or so.)

Attachments

• srb20029.png
    srb20029.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,960
Modern Knux progress, I've heard that a Modern Tails is being worked on. So why not a Modern Knux. This project is solely a pass time for me. If I ever stop developing Modern Knux I will pass him onto a much more skilled programmer. and also dont worry the sprites are just placeholders. (Pls note that I am just a student so I won't be able to develop Modern Knux that fast, might take me 2 years or so.)
2 years? Maybe like 1 year

2 years? Maybe like 1 year
Ok, I might have not made it clear, I am a student busy on school works. And I have my own life. (Still learnin' lua too.)
Post automatically merged:

I'll post my planned abilities for Modern Knux here sooner or later.

Oh yeah, here are my planed abilities, Modern Knux finally has boost. Credits: @delf https://mb.srb2.org/members/delf.9267/#resources

Attachments

• srb20035.png
    srb20035.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 263
  • srb20013.gif
    srb20013.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 254
Last edited:
I finally fixed the boost sound effect glitch, and the insane camera shake! it turns out I just had to put the BOOST SOC in my SOC folder.

Modern Knuckles can now damage enemies while in invincibility frames! (Just like Mugen Hunter Nack) Next is to make him be able to jump out of invincibility frames.

I finally fixed the boost sound effect glitch, and the insane camera shake! it turns out I just had to put the BOOST SOC in my SOC folder.

Modern Knuckles can now damage enemies while in invincibility frames! (Just like Mugen Hunter Nack) Next is to make him be able to jump out of invincibility frames.

Sooooo... Modern Knux finally has a spamdash, this will also act as his way for turning in tight corners when boosting. Credits: @Starlight https://mb.srb2.org/members/starlight.8503/#resources

I removed the spamdash from Modern Knuckles to balance him. As he already has dashmode.

Attachments

• srb20016.gif
    srb20016.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 157
  • srb20022.gif
    srb20022.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Alright, here's a very simple redesign for the boost hud. (I'm using AurumPal for aesthetic purposes.)

Run Dust by kirb, I'll figure out how to restrict the lua effects to Modern Knuckles someday. Credits: @Kirb https://mb.srb2.org/members/kirb.12432/

Attachments

• srb20042.png
    srb20042.png
    524.9 KB · Views: 133
  • srb20028.gif
    srb20028.gif
    6 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Added spamdash again, you all know who created the spamdash lua right? @Starlight I also removed dash mode for counterbalancing, added a few more flags to finish it off for even more balancing. All I just need right now is a sprite artist, You can Dm me on discord btw.

i'm not quite sure if modern knuckles should have a boost. Isn't that something only modern sonic can do in the games?

If I wanted to boost around I'd play Modern Sonic or that one lua mod

As it stands, it just doesn't fit Knuckles at all
Actually it kinda fits.
If you mix it with the glide it can be pretty useful.

Maybe a boost that can only be used with the glide?

Actually it kinda fits.
If you mix it with the glide it can be pretty useful.

Maybe a boost that can only be used with the glide?

No it does not fit

Knuckles whole thing is that he's a powerhouse not a speedster like Sonic

If you really wanna do a Modern Knux,give him some more combat focused abilities or such

Actually look at the modern games he playable with and take inspiration from it,don't just slap on a boost mode and call it a day

No it does not fit

Knuckles whole thing is that he's a powerhouse not a speedster like Sonic

If you really wanna do a Modern Knux,give him some more combat focused abilities or such

Actually look at the modern games he playable with and take inspiration from it,don't just slap on a boost mode and call it a day
While there's nothing wrong with your approach, I feel giving him a boost is harmless so as long as it's done well.
Personally? I think one could make his boosts slower; maybe have him enter a pseudo "super glide" if he boosts in the air, that transitions into a normal glide if the boost runs out?
Oh, and maybe you can cancel it into a drill maneuver (think of what he has in SA2) that works similarly to the stomp, except it allows him to dig underground briefly if held into the ground?

I apologize if I'm stepping out of line with my comments, but I just want to exemplify how giving him a boost is most likely harmless.

The reason I gave him a boost is so that he can be able to keep up with Modern Sonic in terms of speed, the boost also is pretty handy if mixed with the glide. Since he becomes a frekin laser pointer with the glide and boost.

If you guys can give me a better move where it gives him the ability to keep up with Modern Sonic and actually makes sense for Modern Knux then alright I'll adjust a few moves. and also if anyone of you knows lua dm me I NEED HELP.

Last edited:
The reason I gave him a boost is so that he can be able to keep up with Modern Sonic in terms of speed, the boost also is pretty handy if mixed with the glide. Since he becomes a frekin laser pointer with the glide and boost.

If you guys can give me a better move where it gives him the ability to keep up with Modern Sonic and actually makes sense for Modern Knux then alright I'll adjust a few moves. and also if anyone of you knows lua dm me I NEED HELP.

...Why would he need to keep up with Modern Sonic exactly

...Why would he need to keep up with Modern Sonic exactly
You do have a point. can I dm you on discord btw?

This is what I had in mind, but my lua skills limit me.
While there's nothing wrong with your approach, I feel giving him a boost is harmless so as long as it's done well.
Personally? I think one could make his boosts slower; maybe have him enter a pseudo "super glide" if he boosts in the air, that transitions into a normal glide if the boost runs out?
Oh, and maybe you can cancel it into a drill maneuver (think of what he has in SA2) that works similarly to the stomp, except it allows him to dig underground briefly if held into the ground?

I apologize if I'm stepping out of line with my comments, but I just want to exemplify how giving him a boost is most likely harmless.

You do have a point. can I dm you on discord btw?

This is what I had in mind, but my lua skills limit me.

I'm still not keen on giving him a boost but eh

Also no you can't DM me on Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back